Ended
Watch
41 - 45
DISPLAYED
O'Father where art thou...

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    D
    Daysha Jackson

“Oh, thank you Father.” Daysha said sincerely while placing the book in her lap. Then an awful Tammy Wynette song from her mom’s old records began in her head.

Ah, crap. That was probably what I saw written in the confessional earlier.

Daysha thought for a moment trying to recall memories. Although you’d think that they were ingrained in her just like Miranda Rights.

“I think it went something like; O my God, I am sorry for my sins.” Her eyes shifted looking up for memory recall. “In choosing to sin,” Another pause, “and failing to… something.” Pausing again and biting her lip; not to mention she getting warm, again. Daysha nervously spoke “Yeah, that’s about all I remember. I suppose it’s in here though.” Tapping the book and looked in Rory’s eyes. Perhaps fate sent her to this church for that very guidance.

What happened to 10 Hail Marys and Our Fathers and peace be with you?

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory liked the nervousness.

To him, it meant that she was taking this seriously; that the gravity of the act was beginning to register. Humility was a part of penance.

"Close," he answered, smiling encouragingly.

"We will pray together," Rory added, offering his hand and lowering his eyes.

He recited the prayer slowly, pausing so that she could repeat it as he went along.

"O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins,

because of thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God,

Who art all-good and deserving of all my love.

I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace,

to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin.

Amen."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha wasn’t certain if she was having a nic fit or if it was that everything was getting real. She had enough of getting real lately. This was not helping her torment. Yet Rory was convincing for some reason.

Her hand wasn’t damp as she took his, but it was shaking slightly. Daysha hoped that she didn’t start getting like this on duty. She nodded to Rory. “Okay.” Bowing her head and reciting each line after him.

"O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins,

(As Rory speaks.) They missed a spot while cleaning the floor.

because of thy punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God,

(As Rory speaks.) Ack, a scuff on my shoe.

Who are all-good and deserving of my love.

(As Rory speaks.) I should be more attentive.

I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace,

(As Rory speaks.) Maybe I am going to hell

to sin more, sin no more, and to avoid the near occasion of sin. whoops

Amen."

Daysha was quiet for a moment as she let it sink in. She couldn’t remember if there was something else afterwards.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"I absolve you from your sins, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen"

He gave her hand a light, reassuring squeeze before releasing it, keeping his own head bowed for another moment as he added a few words of his own.

Raising his head, he opened his eyes and smiled.

"Will I see you this Sunday?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Thank you Father for your time and patience.” Daysha said sincerely. She wondered what he was thinking after the hand squeeze and the silence. She stood up, grabbing her jacket and slipped out of the pew into the aisle.

And I double thank you for the confusion I now have about a fucking vampire I want to kill.

“Yes, probably the later mass. I work late at night sometimes.” Tracking the evil no one wants to deal with. Daysha nods her head again in thanks to Rory. She turned to the alter at the front of the church and genuflected with the sign of the cross and walks out the doors.

When she got outside, she pulled out a cig and lit it with her zippo. Daysha combed her fingers through her hair and looked at the front of the Cathedral. He only said this Sunday, he didn't say anything about the Sundays after, right? At least the man of good was good looking, she doubted she would have suffered that long if it was the Priest from Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.