Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

This happens between the shootout at the bar and the second trip to go investigating it.

The dossier was thin, showing the investigation was just in the baby stages and hadn't yet been filled with more than details from the scene of the crime and a couple of leads on regards of suspects.

The victim had been a produced who had been killed after his trailer had been blown to very small pieces. The initial lab work had proved that it hadn't been the gas tank, but the deliberate use of explosives. Thus, the closest suspect had been the local expert on explosives who had been working in preparing explosions of the kind for the blockbuster in the works. Motive was still missing.

The other suspect had less sticking to him, a rival producer. The victim and the suspect had been lambasting each other for months over the tabloids, but that was about it. It was a motive, albeit a weak one to base the investigation on.

The first suspect was what the Lieutenant had recommended to check first. Michael Leech, who could still be found commonly around the set of the movie in production - now under a different producer.

The place for the crew was a large parking lot where all the trailers were set. Unexceptional with the exception of the crater that had been left on the concrete from the explosion, now cordoned out in yellow.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Could it have been an accident? Could someone have blown up the wrong building? Maybe the suspect and individual had a tiff? Could someone have set up Leech? Something illicit? Jealousy? She had looked up Leech on the internet and found a picture, which wasn't hard since the tabloids plastered his face in and out of the smutmags, as her mom called them.

Odd stuff wasn't something uncommon to her. Although, the gaping hold in the cement looked like an accident. She had done a couple of other foul play investigations on movie sets before. She'd also seen some special effects go....well bad. Daysha remembered reading the case of Brandon Lee. There were several speculations as to intentional versus accident. She could be living in Minnesota where half of the calls that came in were people bitching about the neighbor's dog. Is there a vampire problem up there too? She thought.

Parking her Charger by group of trailers, Daysha walked to the one marked OFFICE and knocked on the door.

Technique

Michael stirs the coffee with the tiny straw, in tiny circles. They had just finished rigging up a model set to be used for a high-speed pursuit shot, and was now on his mandated 15-minute Union break. He watched as the Charger parked near the bundle of trailers, sipped his coffee, and kept double checking in his head that he had all the charges set in the right place.

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Come in."

The voice was feminine, but even though the permission to enter had been given Daysha could hear that steps were approaching the door. A bolt is pulled and the door is opened to reveal a woman surely in her late twenties, wearing a simple but polite gray dress with a dressing jacket and glasses, she kept her blond hair up in a bun.

"Can I help you?" she asks puzzled, obviously Daysha wasn't who she had been waiting for.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha was dressed as typically as she usually did. Black pants, blouse and leather sport coat. She flipped her badge out while she spoke. "Hello Ma'am. Detective Jackson. Someone from here called about an explosion that went wrong." She glanced around for a moment. "I'm looking for a Michael Leech? Know where I can find him?"

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Oh, certainly."

She seems a bit nervous for a moment, and hesitant. Not as if out of guilt, but the normal pang of fear that anyone got when confronted by the authorities in a situation similar to this. Behind her was a modest office, it seemed as though it spread further down the trailer.

"He should be close to the set working on the next take."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha nods to the woman and walks toward the set. Hollywood.... filled with women that had fake bodies and no personalities or men with big egos who chased these fake women. Perhaps that was a motive to blow someone up.

Daysha watched a guy stirring his coffee. It appeared to be the guy from the smutmags but still protocol, she had to ask.

"Excuse me sir, I'm looking for a Michael Leech?" Her voice blank but still had an air of, I wouldn't lie, within.

Technique

Michael lays the small straw down, and takes a sip of his coffee. He extends a hand before saying in a typical Californian accent, "Hey, Im michael. What can i help you with?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha shakes Michael's hand and pulls it back to retrieve her badge. "Hi, I'm Detective Jackson." She looks around a little and then back to him. "I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the recent explosion with the trailer at all?"

Technique

Michael doesnt pretend to not check her out. Neck doesnt look fucked. Wrists arent either. Is she safe? It's daylight....so shes not one of them. Can she be trusted? He, however, still gives her a pleasant smile. "Ah. Of course. Do we need to go to your station?" Please take me to the station. Please. Dont make me answer the questions here. Take me into a sound proofed room, and let me convince you im not crazy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last