Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
(1106) Eternal Spring

Page 7 of 22 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... Last
    N
    Nightstorm

" A couple of months. This is actually my "steeping out" night. I've been kind of a recluse."
    Nathan stepped in just a hair closer, not to make it seem that he was invading the youngman's space.
    His golden eyes were a stark contrast to Nathan's own which seemed to reflect a night sky filled with stars.
    Certainly Wyatt was not of the Autumn court. All the members of that court Nathan had known were dark
    and morose, wanting nothing to do but spread fear.

"Whatever. Free eats," Leopold shrugged. The Mirrorskin grabbed two more sandwiches and produced some tin foil, wrapping one and stuffing it into his hoody pocket without an iota of shame. He looked left and right, shutter-shades scanning the gaggle of weird

"So yeah, seen anyone interesting? The animal guys always get me, man. It's like 'a fox? in a baseball cap?'"

PRE

Rust steps into the commons looking grouchy and tired. He dressed well in blue polo and ironed slacks. His hair is still wet from a shower.
    Though he faintly smells of axel grease and rain.

His burgeoning Mantle hints at the times. A stuttering sticcato of Thunder and Light beating each passing second.
    To contrast, Rust smiles toward Alice, bowing slightly to her honor. The same smile lands on Nightfall, another bow seen more in the neck. His gaze travels the room, new faces meet a stern look of either disapproval, distrust, or both. He rolls a shoulder, winces, and then rubs at the bruised muscle just as he finds Lord Pereg.

And a Lord he truly is. Rust's smile returns, his emotions shifting instantly as he greets his new brother Autumn. He takes a step his way, head tilting as if asking to approach.

You do not just jump into the lap of the King of Dread. Just as you do not poke badgers with sticks or paint yourself into a corner. Even still. A congratualtions seemed appropriate. Xerxia's lessons in 'Charisma' and 'Wisdom' were sticking.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Same here, well, I've actually lived my whole life in Sacramento. But I came back here just some months ago.' It was a vague description, but halfway his sentence Wyatt realized he hardly knew this guy, so why should he tell all this about himself? We're not supposed to trust each other so easy, are we?

'Are you a member of one of the seasonal Courts?' The young fairest shortly looked around, some people had such strong mantles you could 'feel' their Court from a distance, however, with Nathan he felt nothing.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

K
    Kazakin

"You have no shame, do you?" Rook said, his low voice amused. In all honesty, there was nothing Leo could have done to surprise him any more. Leo's personality was like being hit in the face with a brick, but damn if the guy wasn't funny.

"I'm a chess piece in a suit," the Metalflesh added to Leo's last comment. "And sunglasses. I don't think I really have any room to comment."

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Walking into the room, Doctor Jack quickly takes in who is and isn't present. After nodding in acknowledgement to his Queen, he makes his way over to Juno.

"What's happening? How've you been?"

N
    Nightstorm

Nathan was somewhat surprised at the upfront asking of his court affiliation. On the east coast he had found
    most Lost would never out right ask, it being almost like asking one's religion. Nathan was beginning to enjoy his
    conversation.
    Gently and in a non conflicting way Nathan replied:
    "To be honest, I don't belong to any of them. I'm of the opinion that the courts bring more conflict than resolution.
    Besides Desire, Sorrow,Wrath AND fear are things best left at the door. I mean perhaps it's better if we look inward to ourselves
    and depend on our own inner strength." Nathan paused, looking into the youngman's eyes for reaction. "How about you Wyatt?
    What Court do you prescribe to?

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Nathan's words surprise Wyatt a bit. He arches his eyebrows, 'An interesting view on the world... and right now almost terribly true.' Now let the Oracle find out what I mean with that...

Then he grins, 'Although I've found my place as an Ashen Courtier. And I feel a lot for Fear, you see, it's not just spreading fear and get our own drugs from the kicks. It's also overcoming your own fears, the concept which I feel more attracted to.' The Bright Fairest scratches his head, not entirely sure if his words were just quasi-wise or even a little true.

N
    Nightstorm

A philosopher? At his age? Just what was his age? Nathan was beginning to think that perhaps
    he had gone down a path he shouldn't have. Already he felt the ache of having to ask.
    " Good point coming from one of your age."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

My age? Does it mean that if you're just 22 years old, you can't listen very well to those couple of older Changelings you've spoken to in life? Wyatt smiles, 'Ah well, I've always been a good student.' After he has spoken his great truth, the young changeling realizes that this 'Oracle' doesn't that old himself.

'Speaking of age... you don't look like... well...' He is speechless for a second, since he had learned that changelings could become very old, and come from another time, an offensive comment was quickly made, 'very old.' Another grin, a simple solution.

Page 7 of 22 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... Last
Closed Thread