Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1106) Eternal Spring

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

The sun was shining down on Sacramento, the birds were singing and the bees were busy collecting their sweet sweet nectar. A perfect day to visit the Hollow Commons.

The dιcor had not changed since the Spring Festival, save for one item. A chessboard set up at one of the tables.

Mrs Rosemary had laid out a spread of sandwiches and other snack food. However it was nothing as fancy as one would find at the coronation ceremony's. She had been the first to arrive, standing by the buffet wondering who would show up today.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The Harvest Envoy of Autumn enters the Hollow Commons and smiles upon seeing Mrs. Rosemary, even more so when Terri's eyes fall upon the selection of food on display. Wearing her sky blue dress, it was perfect for spring and carrying a purse, Terri headed over to the Ogress chef.

"Hello, Mrs. Rosemary, how are you? The food looks delicious."

Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

The Harvest Envoy of Autumn enters the Hollow Commons and smiles upon seeing Mrs. Rosemary, even more so when Terri's eyes fall upon the selection of food on display. Wearing her sky blue dress, it was perfect for spring and carrying a purse, Terri headed over to the Ogress chef.

"Hello, Mrs. Rosemary, how are you? The food looks delicious."

Continued Here

K
    Kazakin

Rook headed into the Hollow Commons, his hands tucked into his suit pants with a kind of casual air. His sunglasses were pushed back securely over his metal eyes as he took the area in thoughtfully. It still discomforted him, even alone with other Changelings, to the point that even with his mein fully visible, he refused to show his eyes. A sore point of his pride. He noticed the squirrel from the Four Seasons talking to an Ogress that he didn't recognise, but his attention was quickly caught by something else.

He moved over to the chessboard, a faint, almost sorrowful smile flickering across his usually calm features. He picked up the Queenside Rook from the black pieces and turned it over in his fingers.

Was this how it felt when it moved me?

His other hand reflexively gripped his badge in his pocket.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spring was an exciting time for Alice not only because it was her seasonal affiliation, but it reminded her every year that she was no longer in the unforgivable eternal winter of arcadia. The mild spring temperatures were a little warmer in Sacramento than she was comfortable with, but it was still far more pleasant for her than the city's summer temperatures.

While she was free of her bonds from her keeper, she still found herself prisoner to her own reclusively shy nature, a hold over from her isolation in arcadia. Every conversation and interaction was an internal struggle for her, a personal demon to fight and overcome. Neil had been a tremendous help for her in so many ways, but even still she had to force herself to attend large gatherings such as this one.

When the Spring Queen entered the room she looked around and spotted Terri and Rosemary she gave them a smile and a small wave. Afterwards it was then that she spotted rook. While Alice wasn't sure if she had seen him before or not she did notice the waves of heat radiating off him like asphalt on a hot summer day. The tell tale signs of a summer courtier.

You can do this, she thought to herself.

The idea of that much heat made the snowskin shiver briefly as she approached the summer courtier. With a smile on her lips, Alice came to a stop near rook and the heady smell of apple and plum blossoms drifted toward him announcing her arrival.

"Hi there," she said. Her ears were alert and fox tail was motionless, but to those very attentive to her tells her ears and tail were down slightly in an apprehensive manner. "You enjoy chess? Sorry, I don't think we have been formally introduced. I'm Alice by the way."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spring was an exciting time for Alice not only because it was her seasonal affiliation, but it reminded her every year that she was no longer in the unforgivable eternal winter of arcadia. The mild spring temperatures were a little warmer in Sacramento than she was comfortable with, but it was still far more pleasant for her than the city's summer temperatures.

While she was free of her bonds from her keeper, she still found herself prisoner to her own reclusively shy nature, a hold over from her isolation in arcadia. Every conversation and interaction was an internal struggle for her, a personal demon to fight and overcome. Neil had been a tremendous help for her in so many ways, but even still she had to force herself to attend large gatherings such as this one.

When the Spring Queen entered the room she looked around and spotted Terri and Rosemary she gave them a smile and a small wave. It was then that she spotted rook. While Alice wasn't sure if she had seen him before or not she did notice the waves of heat radiating off him like asphalt on a hot summer day.

You can do this, she thought to herself.

The idea of that much heat made the snowskin's shiver briefly as she approached the summer courtier. With a smile on her lips, Alice came to a stop and near rook.

"Hi there," she said. Her ears were alert and fox tail was motionless, but to those very attentive to her tells her ears and tail were slightly down in an apprehensive manner. "You enjoy chess? Sorry, we haven't been formally introduced. I'm Alice by the way."

continued here

K
    Kazakin

Rook glanced up as he turned the black Queenside rook over in his fingers. He studied the snowy fox-woman, a faint frown moving over his metallic features. Enjoy chess. That was an odd way to look at it. He never really thought of chess as something to enjoy. It had been his existance for a time he could hardly quantify. The sensation of the moves overtook his rigid limbs for a moment and he felt the push. Only straight lines. Crush those who occupy the same space. His pride wouldn't let him think how traumatic it had been.

He was stronger than that. He could cope.

"Hey, Alice. I'm Rook. Fairly new in town. Might have spotted me around though; I'm the pianist down at 4Seasons," the Metalflesh said with a little shrug. "I... suppose you could say I've lived chess. This piece and I have a lot in common. I think I was just feeling a little nostalgic." His honest tongue automatically included the sentence for him, and he internally sighed, pushing his sunglasses more firmly up his nose.

PRE

Yui strolls into the Commons, hands thrust in his pockets. It's somber look he passes over those gathered in the room. A somber, sad, sleepy kind of look.

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally glances around the Hollow Common after getting directions from one of the other Lost that are staying at the hotel. She notices Yui a bit further in but is more interested in investigating the Hollow a bit more and perhaps engage in conversation with somebody new. After all, it's her first time in a Hollow of any kind.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice realized from the man's answer that she should have known better than to assume anything when dealing with lost. Just about anything could be sensitive given the nature of the lost's shared experience. The spring queen just hoped that she hadn't offended him too greatly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know," she began sheepishly and then continued in a sympathetic tone. "I get the same way every winter in the snow. The thing I find most disturbing, personally, is how much I find myself comfortable in that setting or looking forward to it. So I think I might know what you mean. It can be hard."

Then Clearing her throat softly, Alice changed the mood of the conversation to something more up beat.

"Anyway, I do find it interesting how many lost are so talented in artistic or creative endevors. I respect the skill and commitment it takes a person the create or perform. I just wish it was something I was better at. Have you been playing long?"

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread