Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Leaf Pile

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    L

The winds of Rick's mantle continue to whip around him as he walks up to Treetop Fashions. The ride over from Patrick's house could apparently only do so much to improve his mood. This was where he'd originally intended to hold the meeting, where he should have. But when Patrick had offered his place he'd accepted because he considered it to be of relatively little importance, and because he hadn't wanted to risk offending him. He'd respected the Darkling once. Before Patrick had displayed all the stability of a lunatic and called him a tyrant besides.

He was less than amused.

But he was also unwilling to put this off further. What had happened was just a sampling of the chaos, and upheaval, that could be expected without clear leadership. The Leaden Mirror could not afford such disarray at this time, the Freehold could not afford to have one of its Courts crippled in such a manner. This had to be figured out as soon as possible. And at least those Autumns who still had their wits about them seemed to be similarly inclined.

Which was what brought them here. He strode up the front door of the boutique. And once there he waited for the rest of the Changelings that had accompanied him over from Patrick's house to catch up.

Travelling alongside Rick in silence, Terri was a turmoil of emotions, each one tinged with a level of frustration and confusion at how someone she thought to be quite level headed had seen to act in such a confrontational manner. Was it that Patrick was jealous somehow but she quickly put that aside. This was the Court of Fear and such petty feelings were to be put aside.

Reaching Treetop Fashions, Terri quickly unlocked the entrance and switched on the lights before heading upstairs to the boutique proper to arrange enough space for their gathering, pushing back the racks of clothes and dragging forth some chairs, which there was only a few. To be fair, Terri didn't feel like sitting and hovered in the door, awaiting the arrival of whomever decided to join from Patrick's.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Sorry I'm late

Wyatt entered Treetop Fashions with mixed feelings. He was confused by everything, a little upset towards Patrick, but happy he could feel some kind of community with others of his kind. Still a bit unsure he looked around the building. He liked the interior, just like... a tree. Of course.

He first encountered Rick, who was waiting. Again Wyatt didn't really have an idea what to say, so he just walked inside after a nod. There he didn't see Terri, although he did see the stairs. 'Are we continuing upstairs?'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

L

"Yeah," he glanced back to the door, wondering what was taking John so long. Had the Metalflesh taken a wrong turn or something? Ah well, he should be able to find his way over, and upstairs once he did. Because Rick didn't really feel like standing around on the ground floor much longer. "This way." And without any further ado he lead the Fairest to the upper level of the shop. And once upstairs he motioned to the chairs set up, indicating that Wyatt should feel free to take a seat. Though he remains standing for now, laying a reassuring hand on Terri's shoulder.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John threw his money at the cabbie while yelling threats at him just as car took off with a squeal of rubber tires. He could not believe that the man decided to take a detour just so he could get a few extra dollars out of the Manikin. "Scumbag." He muttered as he went inside and made his way up to Treetop. He never really had guessed Terri to be someone interested in fashion in any way. Then again there was always more to a person than what they can catch a glimpse of.

He was upstairs upstairs, noting that no one seemed to be on the ground floor. He stepped into the room with the rest of the assembled lost, nodding to each one as he chose to remained standing. "Sorry, cab driver thought about making extra on my account." He said just as he looked around the room briefly, his anger seemed to calm down quickly as he found himself with the rest of his court, minus two others. "Are ready to continue?"

S
    Smoo

The sound of squealing brakes and raised voices can be heard from outside. Shortly after the door opens with a whoosh and Sweet Tooth comes barrelling in to the shop with a crumpled pizza box wedged under his arm.

“Do you know how hard it is to ride a scooter while carrying a pizza box and eating a slice of pizza?” said Sweet Tooth. "Challenging to say the least!"

“So where are we having this meeting?” he said.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Wyatt nods to Rick and is about to walk up as John comes in. 'No problem, we've all wasted time already.' I could be studying right now. He continues his way up, 'I think we are ready.' Meanwhile Sweet Tooth comes in, 'Everyone here then?'

As soon as everyone is present, Wyatt looks around. 'First of all, thank you Terri for opening your place to our Court. Then, I might not be our most experienced member, still an ex-outsiders opinion can be clarifying.' A simple smile, he belonged to the Freehold now. 'I believe Patrick Donovan is afraid of you becoming just like HAL, or another kind of tyrannical leader. The only way to make him accept you with the Crown is to prove it otherwise. But I believe you can be a good leader mister Pereg. We know from the last vote that all but one seemed to acknowledge your sovereignity.'

He takes a deep breath, but wasn't finished yet. 'Therefore I think we should declare you as the new Autumn King, and move futher with other business.' His thing said, Wyatt takes a seat and waits for a reaction.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

S
    Smoo

“Wyatt you have misinterpreted Sweet Tooth he completely acknowledged Legate Pereg’s right to claim the crown of the Autumn court. Sweet Tooth merely abstained, which means he declined to vote either for or against the proposal,” said Sweet Tooth while throwing the pizza box into the middle of the circle of changelings. The pizza that Patrick had supplied for them and which is now a stark reminder of where they have come from.

“Many of Patrick’s fears may have been unfounded and the way in which he approached the problem definitely lacked finesse but as he said, just before he left, all he was really looking for was some assurance that he could trust and be confident in his Sovereign,” said Sweet Tooth. “So far Rick you have told us why we need a sovereign, that you are the number one candidate, that the other Monarch’s will likely support your ascension and that becoming Sovereign is something you want but you have still not answered my previous questions. How will your rule strengthen us? How do you intend to address threats that we currently face? How will you extend fears influence?
    What role will the rest of us play in your court? ... Sweet Tooth had no choice but to abide by the decisions of his Keeper the Ringleader without question but unlike some he will not be led like a lamb again.”

The clown’s arms are held half way up at this stage with his palms facing towards Rick. Conveying a feeling of ‘I come in peace’.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri watched and smiled politely as the others re-joined them in her store but she still couldn't shake the headache. However, as the Ogre joined them, she helped herself to a slice of pizza, trying not to think about how sweaty it might taste being wedged under the clown's armpit.

"Good thinking," she said to Sweet Tooth, still smiling yet appearing tired and begun to munch as the meeting continued immediately where it left off. When it seemed most had had their say (minus Rick, off course) she simply added, "Well, no surprises here, but the Legate has my vote."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

L

And with the support John had already expressed that made it unanimous...among those who remained and felt that their opinion should be offered. The crown, with all the privileges, honors, burdens, and tribulations that it entailed was his. Now it was up to him to make sure that was a good thing. For now, he looked to Sweet Tooth.

"Many of your questions can actually be addressed, at least in part, with the next order of business I wanted to raise. My mantle, my connection with and understanding of, the Autumn Court was not nearly so strong then as it is now. At my first Autumn Festival in Sacramento I expressed a desire to become the Legate of Mists to HAL, and I obtained the position at the subsequent Winter Festival. I firmly believe that holding that position helped deepen my understanding of the tenets of the Leaden Mirror, and strengthen my connection to it. And because of that it is my personal belief that everyone should seek a position within the Court, and I urge you all to do so."

"Terri, I would like you to be my Legate of Mists in addition to the Twilit Page."
    Because there was quite simply no one else whom he could trust as much as he trusted his fiance. And trust between a Dread Lord and his Legate was certainly important. "The rest of the positions are, for the most part, open to those who wish to pursue them." Which left the unspoken question hanging in the air, which position do you want? To be certain he'd given the matter some thought on his own, and had a pretty good idea which role he thought everyone would fit into. But he also didn't know any of them as well as he did Terri. They might well have insight that hadn't occurred to him. And above all else, wanting a position was perhaps the most important factor in determining if someone could fulfill it well.

For those not familiar with the Autumn Court positions, they can be found on pp. 72-74 in Lords of Summer. If you don't have access to that book PM me and I'll give you a summary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread