Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Jackson to Jackson

D
    Daysha Jackson

After the mess at the club, Daysha's mood was hot. After Lexi, Ramrod whatever and Cal left, she got in her car and slammed the door. She wasn't sure if her dad was going to be disappointed or not. Doug Jackson was usually the level headed understanding one. Her mom...uh, let's not go there. She was daddy's girl.

Pulling her cell out of her pocket, Daysha hit the speed dial for "Lieutenant Dad" which was Doug's personal cell number. She didn't want to wake up her mom.

*Dials*

S
    Steven

It takes about 3 rings but the phone is answered, "Hello Honey, isn't it past your bed time?" It was dad in that dad voice on the other end of the phone. "You know I might have been sleeping?" Daysha knows that he wasn't.

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Oh thank god you answered." Daysha said while she leaned her elbow on the steering wheel and her hand on her forehead. "Do you have time to talk?" She paused for a moment and said quiet enough to still hear through the phone. "Away from mom?"

Thankfully she called her dad nearly every day. Daysha would hate to be one of those daughters who only calls when they want something.

S
    Steven

"Mom's in bed, we can talk. I'm just reading." Which is her dad's code word for smoking. But he doesn't know that Daysha knows that he's still smoking. He "quit" when he retired, er, "retired"

"What's wrong Honey?" Lt Dad knew his kid.

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Ok, I'm not sure I'm going to explain this efficiently and slow enough." As Daysha spoke fast. "So I told you about those people at the Spiral from the other day. Well some chick named Lexi who I gave my number to, called me to this fucking dive club in god knows where. I didn't know what I was walking into, I only had the glock on me. If I would have fucking used my head I would have had a few more things on me." Breathing. "So anyway, I walked out back to some crazed biker guy whaling on the dude I was looking for. Sturlington or whatever. I started getting those weird feelings again. Still didn't get the name of the biker. Suddenly this crazy stripper, slut whore or whatever came waltzing out the door where we were. The biker and then Sturlington or whatever started to get bigger. Like Green Guy Hulk bigger. The bitch was a vamp which I figured out fast." Breathing. "We shot at them all. Yeah shot. The Biker guy is dead, the slut got away. Sturlington WAS ok till some asshole name Ramrim, rod, road or something UNLOADED his gun on the guy after he was laying there, presumably alive BEFORE that happened." Breathing. "It would have been fine, till that idiot unloaded every shot in his gun on Sturl. Now I don't know what the hell to do. I've never had to deal with such fucking incompitence in my life, and that's including the rookie copes." Breathing again and slowing down. "Dad, what the hell should I do? I can't just call anyone at the station, and I'm sure someone called it in. Then again, this is a seedy part of town and shit like this happens all the time." God I want a cig, she thought. And Daysha was sure she'd end up repeating half of it, since she was rambling super fast.

S
    Steven

Oh he followed it just fine, Daysha underestmates her dad and his ability to follow histarical speech patterns. "Take a deep breath. Go to Spiral, talk to The Old Man. I will call my buddy from the Union and take care of this." There is a pause, "But Daysha, This is the only time. If you can't take care of these situations, you need to get out of the business. And I don't mean detective."

"Oh and as far as this Ram guy is concerned. Remember there is no black and white." Cough "Only shades of gray. We'll talk more when I see you for dinner on Sunday."

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Dad, this wasn't my fault. It's not like I can mind control the jackass who shot the hell out of Sturl." And Daysha was still hot, even though she knew dad was right. "Do you suppose you could teach me how to get out of these situations. As in when some fucking moron unloads on a hulklooking thing." She was a lot calmer by now, but she knew she needed to get off the phone fast.

"Dad are you getting a cold?" Wondering why he was coughing.

Oh and that "this is the only time stuff," was not the only time she'd heard that speech.

S
    Steven

"No I am fine." Doug says "I didn't teach you how to be one of the best darn detectives on the force. Now give me the address and I will deal with this. Then get outta there."

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Thanks dad, I should go before shit hits the fan." Daysha rattles off the address quickly. "I'll talk to Irish, I really don't want to deck him again for hitting on me though."

"Oh hey dad. Luv ya." She nearly hung up. "Oh tell mom I said hey." If she could pull her nose out of a book.

She realized she cocked off to her dad, she hated that she did that when she was already pissed at stuff. Hopefully he would understand.

S
    Steven

"Goodnight Honey." and the line clicks closed

End Scene

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.