Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Dashing After A Fetching Girl

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

Jack's hard eyes narrow at the darkling as he holds the blade to her throat.

"A phone call... from who?"

Those same eyes watch Janey's expression and body language for any of the tell-tale signs of someone attempting to conceal the truth.

Honestly?

"Just some guy, keeps an eye out sometimes," the Darkling replies although she might as well have a massive neon sing flashing behind her head stating I AM A FUCKING LIAR!! emblazoned in thin air before Jack's expertise.

Yeah....

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Jack presses the sharp knife into the tender flesh of her pale throat. The old soldier uses just enough pressure to draw a single dark crimson bead from her sickly-looking neck.

"You're a fucking liar... and a bad one, at that."

He fixes Janey with a look that holds equal measures of frustration and curiosity. The good doctor dislikes losing his patience, but it happens. Jack casts a meaningful glance at the pile of refuse that had until his recent visit been walking around and calling itself Sandy.

"I wonder what'll be left of you?"

The knife begins to slowly turn in Jack's hand.

"Ok, ok!" Janey says, suddenly panicking. "His name's Gideon, he....oversees my assignments."

Jack holds the knife still as she speaks.

"Assignments? Go on... you have my undivided attention. Please continue... tell me everything."

"My fetch hunting," Janey replies in a rush of words. "Its what we do. Can the otter let me go now, please without fear of being made a pincushion?"

Seconds tick by as Jack simply looks at the woman, considering. Then, he nods to Otto and steps away from Janey.

B
    Beej

Otto waits a few beats, letting the girl sweat it a little. "Ina chitin." the Beast grows in Japanese into her ear. He gives her arms a tweak before letting her go.

Janey slips the garotte away somewhere on her person before rubbing her arm, the one that had been held tight and at a very uncomfortable angle. "Thanks, dipshit," she said, giving Otto the stinkeye before looking back at Jack. "So, can I go? Seems like there's nothing left here."

Katie, watching the whole spectacle with crossed arms, asks, "No, no, little girl. How were you going to cover up this little mess? Just leave the pile of sticks and stones and simply disappear?"

"Well, fuck no, I ain't no amateur," Janey said, a glimmer in her eyes. "Fire is everyone's friend."

Jack raises his eyebrows as he looks at Katie.

"Did she just say she was going to burn your house down?"

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread