Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral: 2

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Steven

So you see, there is this bar. Its a bar most people don't know about. Its a bar that really isn't even there. Nobody really knows who opened the bar. Nobody really knows when the bar was even open. Its just always been there. Its been renamed tons of times. Its even burned down once or twice. So the legend has it anyway.

Today its called the Spiral. Why is it called the Spiral. Don't really know. Being as again, nobody knows who owns it. Its just there. The only constant about the Spiral is that its always been a place for Hunters. Its like the Cheers for people who bump back. Its like the Winchester for monster hunters, only its a double barrel and its hidden under the bar instead of hanging above it.

When you get your "Welcome to the Hunt" club card you find out about the Spiral. Its a place for people like you to go to in order to swap stories, gather information, have a few drinks, even get fixed up if the grumbley old bastard behind the bar feels in the mood. Just don't expect any kind of sedative beyond A shot or two and a bullet to bite on.

Now your probably wondering, "Well if all the hunters in town know about this place, why don't the baddies know about it and come shut it down?" Well that is a fantastic question and thanks for asking. The main reason is this, the exterminators office doesn't have rats. If you were a serial killer would you walk into the room where they keep the electric chair? No probably not. Thats not to say they haven't tried, but the Old Man behind the bar, he isn't just there for looks... Ask him to show you his scars some time. But you may have to buy him a drink first.

Anyway, Welcome to the Spiral, pick a seat where you like, If your here during normal business hours remember not everyone in this place is on the hunter so don't talk too loud. It is open round the clock for those in the business. Oh and one last thing, try not to piss off the old man... much.

How this works

C
    Clover

He had heard of this place before. He couldn't remember where or how or by what chance he may have, but this was a place he had on his list to check after other leads had disappeared as they so often did with bloodsuckers. He parked his vehicle in a well-lit section of the parking lot and started toward the door, clicking a button that initiated the security system. The verification of the blink of his lights and one horn press was all he needed.

He would make his way inside the place, making every effort to look like he fit in, but in a dive like this it was obvious that he didn't belong. He looked around at any individuals gathered just to make sure none who knew his face would attack him outright, as had become a bit of a habit since he started the Vigil. He would make his way to the bar to take a seat at a barstool, setting his driving gloves on the bar in front of him.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

And lo, not two seats down is someone that might be a regular at the bar, judging by his demeanor. He sits hunched over his meal, something that might have been a pastrami sandwitch once, that he dips in mustard before biting into, followed by washing it down with a drink before mopping his forehead with a napkin. After this ritual, he looks over at the man who just sat down. It takes a moment, but he finally talks. "Hello, I'm Henry, but everyone calls me Terrier. I've never seen you here before."

His voice is quiet, somber even, and he pulls out and lights up a cigarette with a flagrant disregard for the California health codes. He doubted that he needed to worry about cancer anyway. To all appearances, he seems to have not slept in God knows how long, and his suit looks... grungy, like he's worn it for longer than necessary.

looking good handsome
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

C
    Clover

He looks toward the voice and a brow rose in a bland fashion at what his eyes rested on. "Well," he would say, with a moment's thought. "I suppose that might be because this is my first time visiting the establishment."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

"So." He continues to eat as he talks, its not like either of them are going anywhere. "How'd you hear about this place?"
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

C
    Clover

He slides the scarf from his neck and tosses it aside as he prepares himself to be comfortable in order to sit for a period of time. Watching the man eat caused a grumble in his own stomach and he held up a finger to turn and order the greasiest bar food around, and a local beer to boot. When the order was finished, he handed over a credit card and turned back to the man who had been eating.

I suppose you could say I heard about it through the grapevine, but a more accurate assessment is through an acquaintance. I was surprised, I had never heard of it before. Usually I migrate to venues with such.. culture."

S
    Steven

The Old Man makes his way out of the back of the bar and steps around to start clearing away empty glasses and other debrie. Emptying ashtrays, cleaning up spills Etc. "Hey Boys, How we doing?" the old man asks in a tone that says he really doesn't give a fuck.

M
    MyRib

Of all the people in the world to enter this bar, a Japanese woman enters. She looks a bit young for her true age and doesn't have a scar on her. Her face is gentle and yet her eyes are not innocent. She is wearing a plain white T-shirt and jeans with a shoulder bag along her left shoulder which she keeps tight and close to her being. She looks around quietly and pauses at the entrance before taking a seat near the bar and taking some time to simply sit down and eat. She remains quiet and as unobtrusive as possible but the way she looks a person could simply pick her out of a crowd.

She looks at the menu and pauses as if remembering something. Picking a small box with paper around it from her bag. She walks over to the old man waiting patiently for his attention. When she has it she does a small half bow and offers him the box. Once he takes it she nods again and returns to her seat, looking at the menu again.

S
    Steven

The Old Man, seeing he is getting ignored by the boys, moves over to the touch of class that just walked into the dive. "Misu Yamamoto Kazuki?" The old man asks using the proper family name first of the Japanese tradition?

M
    MyRib

She pauses not expecting such from an old man, She stands and bows her head politely. "Hello, Yes that is me, How can I help you?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.