Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Werewolf Recruitment 5

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    L

Tur, ground both neutral and sacrosanct by werewolves everywhere. And one could be found almost anywhere the Uratha were able to boast a significant population. And the avenues to reach it were often marked. It was rarely too difficult for new arrivals to find them. Sacramento was no different, and the local packs knew that they could often meet the newcomers here. It was always interesting to see who'd show up.

Same general rules as last time. One representative for each Pack, and try to stay focused on recruiting and such as opposed to discussing the plot and such.

A
    Aynie

The duffel lands with a muffled ‘whump’ against her feet. Morgan would have preferred to check into one of the cities’ hotels first but if she wanted to climb the walls when the maids came through for housekeeping without announcing themselves, she’d guess that the local community wouldn’t take too kindly to a lone wolf checking in on their doorstep.

She’s dressed in a style that favors practicality over comfort. Loose cargoes, a many-pocketed vest over a olive-green tee-shirt, and timberland boots that look like they’ve seen a more than few hundred miles. Sunglasses keep the constant roving of her gaze hidden as she glances to anyone in the vicinity.

She leans against a wall to wait. Better to let the locals approach than to stick her own neck out into the wrong den.

PRE

Matt Kelly, Presence 3 ( Charismatic )

The young Half Moon wandered on to the Tur with his trusty iPod in his ears, the sounds of William Shatner's version of Common People slipping out occasionally to attack ... errr grace ... the ears of anyone paying attention to handsome dark haired young man. His head nods along with the music, his mouth forming the words because, well because you will never understand how it feels to live your life with no meaning or control ... opps.

He catches the feeling of the other Predator and a friendly smile appears on his face and he nods to the new arrival.

While Matt knew that the HOG seemed to have a good core group together and that the other packs needed fresh wolves, he still came by the Tur to check up on who was in town. Mainly looking for other Children of Red Wolf but also to offer a hand or a friendly word to any new arrival. He still remembered his time alone when he got to Sacramento and had resolved to do something to help out the other noobs.

After all they would soon learn just how fucked everything was, might as well have a good first experience right?

"Hey you new in town?" He asks the girl in his strong New England accent. Seriously don't ask him about the Red Sox.

Matt

A
    Aynie

Morgan's gaze swivels from watching a couple swoon over a baby stroller to the speaker. Even with the sunglasses blocking her eyes from view, it's clear she's sizing him up. Comparing him visually to herself. It was probably subconscious for her, a habit she wasn't aware of; soon enough, her stance relaxes and her lips curl into a pleasant grin.

"Just got off the train early this morning. Took me a bit to follow the signs -- up in Tacoma (that's where I was) Tur's in the middle of a run down part of the old hospital. Creepy vibe, but out of the way. Suppose I was expecting the same here."

She trails off with a easy shrug, then seems to remember her manners. She takes off the glasses and tucks them away into a pocket. At the corner of her left eye is a jagged lighting-bolt. "Name's Morgan."

PRE

Matt nods and checks the area around the Tur of members of the Herd before continuing.

"Well in upstate New York there was one located in an abandoned camp site next to one of the Finger Lakes. My little Sister and I were never able to finish a meeting there without looking off into the woods and going 'che, che, che, ah, ah, ah'" He smiles hoping to disarm the new girl.

"Name's Matt Kelly, Elodoth of the Iron Masters and Beta of the Heart of Granite pack. Welcome to Sacramento."

A
    Aynie

"Elodath huh? No wonder you have the patience to listen to that cover." While she doesn't look as comfortable as a packmate would, the earlier square off is gone from her body language.

"I ran with the Wave Crashers for a few years. They already had a Rahu, but he taught me what I should know about what's what in the world. Signed me up with the Iminir, but we parted ways when they went west to Ocean Shores." She pauses for a moment, as if she's collecting her thoughts. "Same time, one of the other packs in the city mentioned that this place needed a few decent wolves patrollin' the streets and that it wasn't as crowded as -- say-- Chicago, or Denver. Figured I'd try my hand."

PRE

Matt listens and nods as the new arrival outlines her past training and reasons for picking Sacramento. He's a bit shocked by her Tribe, most of the Storm Lord's he'd met had been more assholish .. err ... well possessing less of a sense of humor.

"A slight against William Shatner? Captain Kirk is truly a role model for modern youth and a symbol of all that is good and true about our times." He smiles and has a laugh, clearly not believe his own BS.

"Well you'll be certainly welcome, we need wolves in this city. It's a rough situation and a Rahu will be a welcome addition to most of the packs of the city."

A
    Aynie

Morgan chuckles. [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]"A role model on how to woo a different alien girl every week while hiding the love that has no name with Spock? Sure. I'll concede that."[/COLOR]

When the conversation goes back towards packs, her grin fades, but doesn't disappear. "Yeah, probably." She tucks the glasses back on, easily blending in with the twenty-year olds passing through the area. "If a Howl went out here, Luna's Warriors are going to have their hands full watchin' our brothers and sister's backs while they do the voodoo."

PRE

Matt laughs out loud and shakes his head at the mention Original Series Fan Fiction. This girl was going to be a keeper for someone.

"We're generally light on wolves of all types but considering how crazy this town can get, those who stick around for awhile have shown some skill." His smile vanishes and his voice takes on a graver tone. "Something like that happened here about a year ago, there was a big rite done here by a pair of experienced rite masters and the rest of the wolves of the city held off an attacking force of the Pure."

He remembers hearing the story. "It was apparently an epic fight. Happened before my time though." A hint of disappointment at not having been here for the Tur battle.

"So I don't believe there are many members of your tribe in the city. One of my packmates, a crescent moon, and a member of the Justicar, a pack to the south of here, are the only Storm Lords I've met."

A
    Aynie

"Yeah, bits and pieces of that battle are already being translated into Howls. Breaks onto the Surf - the Cahalith I ran with, she's the one who told me to head down here. Said she heard about the Battle from a Irraka who coasted up from Humboldt. "

At the mention of her tribe, Morgan grins again. "That's probably a good thing. Get too many Lords in one place and suddenly there's a pissing contest for 'The Most Broody' and, oh, can't forget, 'the Longest Sulk' and my favorite contest 'How to tell Who's Had The Hardest Life without Emo-Tears'." She breaks off into a short laugh. "I know the rep Iminir get, hell, I sterotype my brothers too. A shame there isn't more down here, though. We may be abrasive sons-of-bitches, but when it comes down to it, a Lord'll carry their pack out on their dying breath ... they'll save the holier-than-thou speech for the recovery period."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last