Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Sutter General Hospital

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Shauns shift had finished half an hour ago. It had been one of thoose days. He had done the rounds in the morning, currently there were 12 of his private practice patients in the hospital. Then things got busy, a call from the emergency department had sent him running to help them out, it had been a busy day. Still he did not care, the hospital paid him a premium whenever he had to help out.

Entering the office assigned to his practice he sat down and rested for a few moments before doing his admin work. It did not take long and by rights he should have been going home. However there was still that stack of files, you know the ones. The strange cases no one at the hospital had been able to explain. He flipped open the first one, reading it for the 100th time. Hoping that the answer would jump out at him.

It had been a week ago he photocopied the files and send them along to a few of his Medical school professors, hoping they would be able to come up with some sort of explination.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

S
    Steven

As Shaun sits down and begins rifling through his papers he finds a large manila envelope. It has Inner Office marked on it showing that it had come from either inside this hospital or from another branch within the same conglomeration of Hospitals.

Shaun rolled his eyes, another letter his administration clerk had placed in the wrong pile. He opened the envelope and took a look at the contents, making a mental note to remind her that there was an in tray on his desk.

S
    Steven

In the Envelope was.... A second envelope. This one was blank. Now assuming the good doctor opens that envelope he will find a standard looking 2 gb memory stick available at any electronics store or Wal-Mart.

Shaun looks at the memory stick in confusion. He knew that he should have just binned the memory stick but it seemed a bit stupid for a hacker to send you the virus on a memory stick. But then again he had seen the movies, the ones where the FBI or some secret organisation contacted a person via an unexpected method. It was more than likely to be his assistant ordered it and forgot to tell him...

He pushes the memory stick into a spare usb slot of the computer and ran a virus scan to check for any viruses before opening the file.

S
    Steven

The Doctor inserts the memory stick, the computer begins to read it and then the screen goes black. Before the Doctor can do anything the screen pops up a password prompt. It does not ask for a username, just a password.

Shaun checks the evelope for a set of instructions, finding none he looks at the screen a bit confused for a few seconds. He picks up the phone and calls the admin girls phone.

"Brenda Its Dr Elliott. This memory stick you ordered, whats the password?"

S
    Steven

"I'm sorry sir, I don't know what your talking about? Did you want me to call IT for you?" Brenda asked

Shaun's cellphone buzzes with a text message. The message is a phone number and a name, "Daysha". The return number on the text is 555/555-5555. Seriously, not kidding.

Shaun reads the text and phone number a few times. Just to make sure he was reading it correctly. "Umm, no. Sorry I think I asked Dr Malloy to order it. I thought he had passed the task to you, you know what doctors are like. Just found the e-mail with the instructions. Sorry to have bothered you." Shaun hung up the computer and sat looking at the text for a few seconds.

Alarm bells were ringing. He knew that he should not open it, hell call I.T and inform them but this would not be the strangest thing he had seen here.

He looked to the pile of strange cases sitting on the desk next to him. If he was having second thoughts the files had just changed his mind. Looking back to the computer he typed the word into the password field and clicked ok.

S
    Steven

An error pops up saying. *Password Failed*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread