Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A walk in the park

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Kazakin

The breeze rustled through the trees in the darkness. Sidor watched the passing lights of the freeway above Riverfront Park, like a ghost. Sometimes, he just felt the need to get away from the hustle of the city. It could be so overcrowded. He sat on the edge of the riverbank, watching the water lap at the banks. There was freedom here. Quiet.

True, a few people were wandering back and forth- it was still early in the night, and although it was dark, it was perfectly possible to pick out movement.

He missed his home, and it infuriated him. Such a human weakness, something he should not experience anymore, something he didn't want to feel. He stood up, weighing a pebble in his hand and skipped it across the river. In his mind's eye, he saw pine trees weighted down with shining icicles, and the pebble bouncing from ice. So beautiful.

So lost.

He remembered the fire out amongst those trees, consuming the bodies of those who wouldn't stand on the side of the Crone. Martyrs. But not him. He had had the chance to escape, and taken it.

God's Will?

It must be God's Will that he had lived or he would not have done. No direct intervention was necessary. He was a pilgrim.

And yet, that little voice inside him murmured, there is so little purpose for you here. All you have learnt is that there are some among us who would throw aside their faith for fear of... what? Is yours so fragile? Are you?

He skipped another pebble across the river and stood up, dusting off his dark jacket where it had picked up dirt. The walk hadn't so much cleared his head as reinforced that seed of doubt. He would have to confess so much. The sacrament would ease it, he was certain.

A sacrament in Sacramento.

The word play amused him, and he laughed to himself, the shadows rippling across his face as they clung to him. Maybe he would head towards Downtown and feed tonight. He walked along the path towards the city, wondering if this was all the night held.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

On the path ahead, under a light, he can see a figure, sitting. It's too far to be distinct, but already his Beast opens one eye warily as another predator tickles the edge of consciousness.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Kazakin

Sidor's hand casually slipped into his pocket and stroked the fibers of a feather he'd stowed there earlier. The new Beast meant someone not usually seen at Court, and considering the Brood problem, one could never be too careful. He didn't slow his walk. That would have been showing weakness in the face of the Beast.

He continued onwards, closing the distance and letting the thing that inhabited the back of his dead skull wake up and having a hissing contest. He rigidly intended to ride it out.

He didn't speak, gauging the other Kindred as he approached.

OOC

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Erika Brady lets the trade journal she's reading ease downward as she looks up. The striking redhead is dressed in a long, dark jacket; possibly a cloak or cape. A dark scarf is tied neatly over her hair, but nothing conceals her brilliant emerald eyes as she regards Sidor.

Casually, she crosses her legs, but doesn't speak as she watches the Haunt. She seems content to let Sidor pass without a word.

Sidor gets the impression she is perfectly calm and unfazed by the strange shadows which cover his features. As he gets closer, he can also feel the thickness of her Blood, thicker than his own.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Kazakin

Sidor felt his Beast hissing and snarling, clawing at his temperament and trying to flee. He gripped it by the metaphorical throat, and with all the will he could muster, forced it back. It took some effort. It had been some time since he had been so close to someone who's Beast stood over him.

So exposed.

The Haunt judged her calm, which likely meant she wasn't planning on an attack. Yet. He felt a grim sense of amusement.

Perhaps this is merely to teach me for asking for knowledge in my foolishness.

"Good evening, madam," he said, his accent light but distinctive. Still, it cost him nothing to be polite. Sidor was too proud to allow himself to flee with the Beast, and silence would have been doing just that. He had no real business anywhere else tonight.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"That label always makes me feel like the proprietor of a whorehouse," Erika answered, smiling slightly.

"Please call me Dr. Brady. Are you a new arrival?"

Since Sidor has stopped, Erika puts down the book, and stands. She takes a moment to straighten out her clothing before looking at Sidor attentively.

Roll Wits + Larceny -2

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tonight was one of the nights that Alice walked in a park. It had been a long time ago since there was such a night. She mostly visited parks to hunt, and the time of drinking animals was over. Now however, she had regained some interest in the animals. She needed their blood, a lot. And why? Not for herself, no it was a little surprise for some other kindred.

But after some minutes of walking through bushes looking for cats she realised this was completely useless. I don't see myself chasing after animals anymore, can't I buy some kittens in a nearby pet shop? Cats, bunnies, lost dogs, anything was fine.

No, she didn't find the cat she was looking for, however she comes across a whole other kind of predator. She felt her, strong, and he, a worthy kindred. A bit confused she makes her way back to the normal path. And she suddenly feels a bit uncomfortable in her pants. Others weren't supposed to see her like this.

Guessing they probably would have sensed her already, she coughs to make sure they knew she was approaching them, and brushes her hair with her hand as an automatic move when she was about to begin a conversation. It gave ssome light irration when she has to remove a little twig from her hair, but then she smiles again to show she meant no harm.

Alice
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

K
    Kazakin

"I do apologise if my English is less than perfect. Doctor Brady, then," Sidor said politely, smiling behind the arching shadows that made his mouth into a gaping maw. "Yes, I am a recent arrival- a month or so now. My name is Sidor Rurikovitch Grigoriev. I have not seen you at Court- do excuse my curiosity. From your phrasing, I assume you have been here from some time."

He felt the Beast growl proudly, standing up inside him and bellowing defiance at the other newcomer. He turned his head a little.

"It seems the park is busier tonight than I assumed."

OOC

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

While Erika was not one normally given to hysterics, the oddly imposing man made her want the reasurrance of affirming the presence of her knives. She did so surreptitiously, pressing Auspex-enhanced fingers against the concealing material just enough to feel the pressure of steel*.

"Zdravstvujty, dobryj vyechyer,"
    Erika offered, eschewing the more well known --but informal-- privyet.

At Alice's approach she looked over, appraising the woman. In one of the rare instances in her life and unlife, Alice sees nothing familiar. No lust. No jealousy. Nothing but cool, clinical observance.

Suddenly, the pressure of Erika's Beast disappears.

"Pardon my imposition,"
    she explains. "It's just a precaution to keep from being... mistaken."

The subtext is clear: from being jumped and fed upon.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Oh no problem.' Alice says lightly. She herself was too 'Proud to be Predator' to even think about an ability to hide her beast.

'I'm Alice Brown.' and she bows her head respectfully. Might someone see it, not a very strange gesture, different than with the usual curtsy.

And you, you are a Regent, aren't you? Alice thought a moment about what people told her some time ago about who was who exactly.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.