Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Informing the Boss about that dizzy fool.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Zinta

New blood is fronting the desk today, and its the same routine all over again: Mr. Young Professional looks to the door with a smile on his face, which freezes when he sees... this. "Can I help you?" he asks, tone indicating that the young woman in front of him is clearly beyond help.

Merlin

"He better be back," Christine says darkly. "Because his bike isn't even going to start to cover this."

There's a few awkward seconds of silence as she glowers, before her eyes flick back to Merlin. She seems to be pulling herself together, bit by bit.

"So, you're our resident superhacker, is that right?"

Fame ●● (Cat Burglar)
    Zinta

It's somewhat tempting to tell him to either give me Lemerchand's box or his immortal soul. Well, more than somewhat.

I give him The Stare, which goes really well with the rest of my get up.

"Woods. Here to see Harry Woods."
    Shard Shade | ●● in Fame (Criminals / Cat Burglar) | ● in Status (Criminals)

"Yes I am." Merlin smiles softly, Mrs Woods seemed to be an unstable woman at times.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Zinta

"I'm afraid Mr. Woods is currently unavailable," the receptionist says coolly. "If you like I can call Miss Woods, although I believe she is engaged. Do you have an appointment? I'd be more than happy to see if they have any openings on their schedules."

He's a poor liar.

Merlin

"Not usually what we do," she says, mostly to herself. "But maybe we can find something for you. Lord knows, my brother loves his gadgets. If nothing else he'll enjoy having someone around the office he can talk about that crap with."

"Personally I see it as something that can help your guys do their job. Call it support services. Being able to take down security systems and shut cameras off is something I figure you would be of use to you. I am sure something will come up." Merlin smiled.

Fame ●● (Cat Burglar)
    Zinta

"I'd be more than happy to leave," I reply.

Unlike him, I'm not lying.

Taking a moment to glance at my phone for the time, I hold it up and take a picture of Young Professional.

I figure I'll give him The Stare for a minute before I leave.
    Shard Shade | ●● in Fame (Criminals / Cat Burglar) | ● in Status (Criminals)

Zinta

Reception Desk wrinkles his nose at the hairy eyeball, less intimidated by the behavior and more seeming more disdainful than anything--the kind of look someone might give a particularly leggy creepy-crawly at the zoo's Insect House. Once she's past the great glass doors and out of Wallis' lobby, however, his investment fades and he's right back to whatever it was he was doing--likely searching J Crew for a power tie.

Merlin

"Yes, probably," Christine says. "We can always find some use for someone like you." She taps her fingers on her desk, adding, "Leave the keys to the truck. We'll take care of the... contents. And we will be in touch if we have any better work come along for you."

Merlin places the keys to the truck on the desk. "See you soon, If I hear from Dizzy I will give you a call."

He leaves the office and heads out of the building calling a taxi as he does.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2