Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Informing the Boss about that dizzy fool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Merlin walks into the office of Wallis Engineering. He smiles nervously at the receptionist and rocks back and foward on his heels. "Is Mr or Mrs Woods available."

Please let it be Mr Woods. Please let it be Mr Woods.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

The clean-cut temp clicks a few times, then nods and looks up at Merlin. "Miss Woods is available at the moment. Shall I buzz her for you, Mister..?"

"Cleaveland. Tell her I am on my way to her office." Merlin heads towards Christine's office.

Getting to her office he knocks on he door.

She looks at the door and nods, waving James in as she hangs up the phone. "You boys don't waste any time," she says with a smile--as though the last time she and James had seen each other, she hadn't just walked out while he was in the middle of explaining his ideas.

"What did you find?"

Merlin sighed. "Do you want the good news or the bad news?"

"The good news." he quickly added, maybe it would soften the blow.

"We found a classic sports car. Someone had been taking real good care of that. We got it some wheels and stole it."

The smile on Christine's face doesn't fade; it's so thoroughly eradicated it may as well have never existed. She stares at James with pursed, thin lips, then glowers at a spot near his side. A spot where, in another universe, Dizzy might have been standing.

In a clipped tone she asks "And what is the bad news?"

"I have been waiting for that Dizzy fool to show up. Ive been stood in the car park for hours. Seems he has done a runner with that pretty sweet sports car. Tried to call him, it is out of service. He is probably in mexico by now." there is a hint of annoyance in his voice, it wasn't him that had failed.

"I am sure he will be back at some point. Just taking it for a spin but how long he will be gone for I have no idea. The good news is we got collateral. We are just un-able to give it back once the client pays."

"Son of a bitch," she spits, and her hands clench tight. Her knuckles start to bloom rose, the same soft color as her blouse.

"So, he stole our fucking collateral. And you, what, drove back an empty truck?" She grabs a stapler and one long, thin arm whips out, throwing it across the room. "Car thieves are the worst."

Fame ●● (Cat Burglar)
    Zinta

I like to play games.

Which, really, might be why I like to steal. There's definitely an argument to be made for Darwinism, but that doesn't really explain the rush... unless some of us are being bred into thievery. Like Teela Brown.

Today's game is called What Do I Have. On the one hand, I have a hard drive at home with who-knows-what but for a list of names. On the other hand, I have a small business ledger with those same names and information meticulously copied over.

If they don't know what I was going after, they'll assume it's the book. If they know the book is a copy, it means they held back information. Right? At least that's the theory.

I'm in full regalia today, including the faux hawk. I'm like the Rooster of Death. Now into the henhouse and up to the Wallis offices.

What Do I Have, What Do I Have.
    Shard Shade | ●● in Fame (Criminals / Cat Burglar) | ● in Status (Criminals)

"I drove back Dizzy's bike that was in the truck and the tools from the storage unit." Merlin was starting to think his idea would have been vastly more successfull.

He shrugs. "I am sure he will be back, just having a bit of fun with a classic car?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread