Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Spring Revel 2011

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

As the wheel of the year once again turns its spokes toward Spring, the Freehold seems ready for the new beginnings and fresh starts associated with the Season. A sign in the hotel lobby of the Four Seasons appears to direct interested parties to Fresh Tastes' private banquet room for the annual membership accounting and budgetary meeting of the Concerned Citizens for the Ethical Treatment of Rebecca Black. At least to mortal eyes. Those able to see past the illusion of the Mask are directed to the Spring Revel in Celebration of Queen White's Coronation. While attendees will indeed hear the infamous adolescent girl's shrill and rather annoyingly nasal song stylings as they approach the large double doors, the sound blessedly fades as they leave the mundane world behind and enter the Throne Room Hollow. Mr. Bates is on hand to greet the Revelers at the doors and will direct them to both the open bar manned by Ensorcelled Sam and the mouth-watering banquet laid out by Mrs. Rosemary. A large dance floor occupies the empty space immediately before the throne and light melodies seem to caress the cool air. Compared to the last time most Lost were in this room, the decor now appears to be a rather stark study in black and white simplicity.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice walked into the room on Nightfall's arm. Unable to resist her excitement for spring she arrived wearing a bright spring dress of yellow blue, and green. However, on her shoulder she wore a small single black rosebud pinned to her dress in honor of katrin and the onyx court.

The spring queen had mixed feelings about today's event, because while she was happy that spring had come around, she was not thrilled about being in charge again. There were times she thought that if she not stepped forward and become queen people might have had more people willing to approach her or she might not have had to be so hard on people.

The fact that Katrin was missing and the winter season was missing with her this year bothered Alice greatly. She had always enjoyed watching winter give way to new life, and without it, it just seemed...wrong. She had tried to push thoughts of Hal out of her mind as well instead looking forward to the festivities, however, when she saw the venue her heart plummeted to the floor and her ears and tail drooped reflecting it.

"It's just so dismal," Alice said to nightfall, the disappointment clear in her voice.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall wore a simple yellow shirt and white linen pants; the ensemble was completed with the ultimate nod to spring: bare feet. He had no token for the missing Queen, having paid his tribute already.

He nodded at Alice's words, looking around with surprise as well. Hadn't there been a pool party for the last Spring Coronation? Or was that Summer? Still. It wasn't the season of Warhol.

"Well, then we'll have to do something about that,"
    he answered brightly, smiling.

He kept walking to the dance floor, sliding around to take Alice in his arms.

"Nowhere could ever be dismal with you."

[banner]nf[/banner]

Player of the Month

Patrick Donovan and Kaito

The Autumn Darkling and Winter Snowskin left the house they shared and made their way together to the 4Seasons, the stress of the recent Winter showing on both of their faces as they entered the the hotel. Patrick had surprised his friend and housemate by hardening his Mask, his usual appearance too pale and corpse like for a celebration of desire. Well to him at least.

As the pair approach the banquet/Throne room they both felt their ears punished by a torture worse than anything their Keepers inflicted upon them in their Durance. The sound was horrible, something about Friday and the upcoming weekend and ... and ... another name is added to the Darkling's mental list of those trying to destroy Western Civilization.

And we worried about the Communists.

"I am trying not to listen but it is burrowing into my mind. It is like an Ed Wood film distilled into music form and given an unnatural life by Stalin, Hitler and Chairman Mao."

Patrick takes Kaito's arm into his and rushes her forward, opening the doors to the Throne Room ready to valiantly throw their combined might at whatever enemy was inflicting this pain upon the Lost of the Freehold. Their charge leads only into the almost empty Throne room and an odd look from Mr. Bates.

"Is everything alright Mr. Donovan, Miss Kaito?"

Calmed down, slightly, by the sounds of Miles Davis, the smell of the buffet and the sight of the open bar, Patrick adjusts his suit with the hint of an embarrassed smile.

"Well Mr. Bates from the sounds outside we were both concerned that another youth was in pain or danger."

Patrick. Mask Hardened

Kaito's outfit

L

The doors swung open again, just wide enough for Rick to slip through before he let them swing closed again. He does come to a stop, though, not far past the threshold. A slight expression of surprise clouds his features as he surveys the cavernous, and empty, throne room. Right before he spoke to no one in particular. "And here I was worried that I'd be arriving a bit late." He was silent for another beat as he gave Mr. Bates an inquisitive look, "Is the color scheme in honor of our missing Sovereign?"

Black and white was winter Heraldry...certainly not what he'd expected at a Spring Coronation.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin downright grins as he enters the hollow. He is wearing a bright green vest and flowing darker green pants without socks or shoes. He has a small green bag slung over a shoulder, but it appears empty. His surrounded by the joy of spring, and is in his true element as the Prince of Joy.
    "It's Spring!" He cheers out as he enters, the mirth and laughter of children following him in.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Yui steps in behind Al looking rather mournful, and surprisingly human.
    With his Mask strengthened, he appears rather ordinary all clothed in black.

"Winter will never end if it never began." he mutters to himself before trudging for the banquet table. He waves weakly toward Sam and bows to Rosemary should she appear near the buffet. A few snatches of fruit and Yui turns to watch Neil and Alice on the dance floor. A man admiring art set on bland wall.

'Wallflower' might as well be nailed to his forehead.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice smiled faintly at Nightfall's sweet, but cheesy remark as she placed a hand on his shoulder and the other on his waist. She was grateful for Neil's presence in her life and felt that she would be lost without him.

"That's sweet. I don't know what I'd do without you,"
    she said moving to the music. "I just hope things workout tonight without a problem."

Player of the Month

Mr. Bates

The Manager of the Four Season's Hotel looks at Rick and offers the Legate a polite smile. "Indeed Legate, the color of the decor is in honor of the Winter Queen." Nodding politely to the other arrivals, the hotel manager waits to see if Rick has anything else he wishes to ask.

Mrs. Rosemary

Mrs. Rosemary smiles at Yui, the warm and friendly smile the Lost of the Freehold have come to expect from her. "Help yourself."

Patrick Donovan

"Well my friend I am off to visit the bar. After that furious assault upon my ear drums I need a drink or four and something from Mrs. Rosemary's buffet." He nods a friendly greeting to Al-Adin and Rick before moving off in the direction of the bar and buffet table.

Kaito laughs. "I wanted to chop my own ears off. When have you ever known me to pass up free food or drink and after the winter festival I could do with a good knees up."

Kaito heads off with Patrick and goes to the bar first.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread