Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Haunt Meeting

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

NOS
    PRE

Mick being late...that was fine, he was new. Same with Scott to some extent but it had still been annoying. Sidor, though...no, now she was pretty pissed about being interrupted again. Not only that but he just had an air of selfishness that didn't endear him to Brenn at all. His beast did make her want to run screaming but she wasn't an animal and would not bow before it. So instead she spoke, letting some anger show in her words. She could be accused of many things but being wantonly deceptive was not one of them.

"Just as we appreciate knowing of you Sidor. If you had come any later you wouldn't have been able to take part in the decision of who-is-to-be-our-Priscus. Now, as I said before, I have little background knowledge of how such things are decided but I would propose a vote on whoever is willing and wanting to assume the position."

Anton's expression darkens, avoiding eye contact with anyone as he speaks. It begins as a kindly reminder, but takes on a cautioning edge somewhere along the way.

"I think Brother Grigoriev deserves more respect than you've just shown him, Miss Lawrence. Let's not become too presumptuous, fresh in a new Domain. There exist oceans of Sins more severe than an untimely arrival."

"I would prefer for us to discuss what we, as a clan, expect from our Priscus before tallying votes. And that we hear Dirge out. Please, Hierophant."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

NOS
    PRE

The lines of Antons body screamed danger just as his words gave off his anger, reminding Brenn of a diamondback's rattle. She sank lower in her chair before nodding a few times, eyes wider than normal.

"'Whoever one is, and wherever one is, one is always in the wrong if one is rude...' I do, ah, apologize. But, uh, should we continue on in spite of that," she asked weakly.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Goddess that name's a mouthful, she thought to herself after hearing the latest arrival.

"Ah, we just haven't been formally introduced then, you have my apologies Mr Grigoriev. It is unfortunate that we haven't had the opportunity to meet with each other sooner."

Anton's quick defense of this strange man with the funny name was curious to dirge. She was pretty sure the two men were not an item...although this being California and the modern era one never knew...a vision of her playful banter with Argent when he readily admitted to an attraction to men as well as women quickly came to mind. Discounting that first theory for now, she assumed they held some sort of tie socially together, perhaps covenant? After all true friendships were not exactly common among kindred. Not without a price that was. Besides the use of the word brother by Anton helped her reach her covenant theory, only the Lance went out of their way to play on family roles to try and encourage unity. She found it strange, but no stranger than other's perceptions of her own covenant.

"Thank you, is it Anton or Mr Flores?" Dirge asked genuinely interested in finding out which he preferred and not wishing to irritate the man. She waited for a response from the man before continuing at his direction. "Let me recap some issues I previously brought up, my apologies to those who are hearing this a second time."

"For as long as I have been in the city the clan has lacked direction or perhaps focus. Previous leadership was content to mainly hole up and do nothing even when faced with evidence that immediate action was required. I say this not to insult anyone's political or religious views because I think it was more a personal short coming that crossed covenant barriers. It has colored the city's view of our clan and decreased their respect for us. I'm afraid that I was forced to add to this when publicly censoring the the Reeve Culler. It was not a decision I made lightly and I made it with a heavy heart. I had tried other alternatives to get action from the man for months, including bring up my concern regarding the homeless investigation at the last clan meeting. So we have some precedence to over come."

"That said we have a very unique opportunity before us these nights. If you all look around it is clear that there are many new faces and we have regained some of our number. Furthermore, our clan's strong show of arms at the Prince's competition shows that we are not to be underestimated and have a significant power, the way many in clan gangrel's use of claws during the duel and the way it served them no use against us showed this, as well as the fact that our clan dominated the finals. We as a clan are to be respected and feared. We have a chance now, if we cease it, to improve our place in the domain even if my duel against Mr Greyson sees my defeat."

"I agree with others that said a priscus should be chosen first, however, whomever that might turn out to be I think focusing attention on the establishment of a necropolis would be an excellent unifying element for the clan that will provide many benefits. In addition to finding a way to capitalize on our recently earned respect. But, we shouldn't get a head of ourselves. Let us begin with asking if there is any present that have an interest in leading the clan. I will admit that I would find the idea of such a prospect to be an honor. Are there any others?"

N
    NoMoshing

Through the discussion, Scott stood with a back to the wall, one arm folded across his chest and the other hand picking idly at an eyebrow. feigning disinterest in the proceedings. After the one girl got put in her place, he certainly didn't want to stick his neck out.

As Dirge spoke Scott found himself with a growing respect for the woman. She spoke of taking action, and not sitting around planning. For all that his work introduced him to many of them, Scott hated bureaucrats- part of what made him so successful at his job. Now she was talking about 'strength of arms' and building some kind of safe house or base of operations?

And hey, if she really is blind, he though, she'd need someone to carry out these fancy plans. Being a gopher wasn't glamourous, but until Scott was powerful enough to start pushing the big boys around, it just might have to do. But no doubt some either wannabe alpha dog would step up before this meeting is done, and Scott wanted all the cards on the table before the meeting was done.

K
    Kazakin

Sidor raised an eyebrow at the angry, new one. Brenn? Yes- that had been her name. He regarded her sudden attitude change when Anton reprimanded her. Loud, but apparently not suicidal. Probably just the impatience of being new. The Lord knew, she wouldn't be the first. He shot her what he thought was a reassuring smile. When he was alive, it would have been. The shadows on his face twisted and gave the smile the impression of a shark.

"We were all young once," He said lightly, before turning to listen to Dirge. He gave a polite nod in acceptance of her apology. Not totally without regard then. That was good. Perhaps the situation before he had arrived had caused her haste. He listened.

"A Necropolis is a fine idea. I have seen them function effectively before, and our Clan is no less deserving of a secure base of operations than any other." He didn't indicate any desire to stand for Priscus. It wasn't something that interested him. The Lord would guide in such situations, of course, but Sidor was very much a hands-on sort of creature.

B
    Burned

Mick waited, listening, and hid his ounce of concern as the brief hiss-off between Brenn, Anton and Sidor went through the rapid stages of birth, growth and died off. Considering the familiarity between Flores and Grigoriev, and Flores' particularly choice of words, as well as referring to Sidor as Brother... both seemed to be of the Lance. That was disconcerting, for Monica had warned him that the Lancea Sanctum never gave much good will to the Acolytes of the Crone. Well, they were part of the clan- if they treated the others reasonably well, they could expect a certain amount in kind returned.

Still, there was something he wanted to make clear. "It sounds as if you have a good grasp of the situation." Mick respectfully and genuinely told Dirge, though the growing respect was barred behind his face as to be not too apparent. "I would speak to add that since Miss Dirge has stated that the clan has had issues of direction and focus, it would appear we should determine a Whip as well. Someone who can sincerely remind our fellow Nosferatu to unify and put in effort when needed."

He did not suggest a stand for the Priscus or Whip, neither sounded to mesh well with his capabilities.

"Anton, would be appropriate among family," he answered, politely.

Anton could well have frenzied were he privy to Dirge's inner monologue. Since he wasn't, the Sanctified listened raptly, nodding occasionally as she made her case.

"Our idle past within this Domain is something we should regret. It is commendable, though, that not one member of the Nosferatu fell to a combatant of another clan. I should mention that the Prince has recently given me the title of Deputy. I believe this appointment was prompted by our performance that night. We are being taken seriously as protectors of the Traditions; something to be respected - not pitied. We have information on the homeless to share, the Necropolis is another important proposal, but first, the matter of Priscus.

The Haunt reaches into his pocket to switch off his cell. He hated being interrupted by fragile objects. His manner is blunt and straight-forward his voice is heavy, made haggard occasionally by his curse.

"At this time I have no wish to represent our clan as anything more than an uncompromising defender of the Traditions binding us. I move that Dirge, as the longest acknowledged under the current Prince of Sacramento, serve us as Priscus. No other Nosferatu present has enough familiarity with our clan's relationship with the Domain to contest this."

"I also recommend that she take Sidor Rurukovitch Grigoriev as her Whip. He is skilled and capable. I do this as a gesture of unity, in spite of our opposed ideologies. Soon I will be Bishop. Unless you propose we wish to be thought of as fractured wretches, a clear message of unity will be required. Personally, I wish to belong to a feared and respected line. Not an underestimated one."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

NOS
    PRE

By the time Anton had spoken his piece, Brenn also reached the conclusion that Sidor must be be of the Lance. The idea of the leader of the Crone leading the clan with a Lance as her right hand tickled that secular part of Brenn's own ideology and, although she disliked Sidor at present, she had no better alternative suggestion for a whip candidate.

"I would agree to this proposal of Dirge as Priscus, and, in light of Anton turning down the title of whip, that leaves Sidor as the only other kindred in our clan who is not new to the domain or this existence. Thus I would have to agree that he would be the best whip candidate. Would any care to suggest other candidates before we vote? If not then it would indicate we are all in favor of this proposal."

N
    NoMoshing

"Well," Scott broke in, "Yeah, uh, Dirge seems like the right lady for the job, for sure. A proven leader and all that." He gestured with an open hand. "So what would we need in a whip? We should decide on that, not simply who happens to be the 'default' after someone else steps down."

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread