DISPLAYED
Haunt Meeting

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge waived goodbye to Martha over her shoulder as she aproached the others so that Martha would know dirge is alright. The haunt normally wouldn't have accepted such help, however, the woman insisted on being so bubbly and helpful that Dirge just didn't feel it was worth it to insist that it wasn't needed so she had instead decided to pick her battles.

Remaining silent she followed the haunts to the room and listened to the others speak. Anton's request sounded reasonable, however, she waited a little too long to reply because Anton decided to take it upon himself to prompt her.

"Interesting, it is nice to meet you Miss Lawrance and welcome to the city. It is always nice to see another clan mate, our clan has been hit hard lately. I've always felt that freedom was an illusion, mainly a state of the mind. After all are any of us truly free from all attachments and bonds?" The blind haunt paused for a moment realising that she probably should have started off differently and quickly continued on with more important issues. "First off, let me begin with an apology for bringing Keeper Villiers with me. I was in Elysium and she read me the details of the meeting that was posted, and she insisted that she wanted to make sure I made it alright. I really didn't feel that pressing the issue and at the time was really worth it so she came just to drop me off and then leave. I realise I still shouldn't have let her do even that but she seemed harmless and, well, you know how she is..."

"With that said, my name is Dirge and I am the city's Hierophant, or head of the Circle of the Crone if you prefer that title instead. I suppose that with the recent departures of our clan mates I'm the longest residing Nosferatu in the city."

"Furthermore, I'm afraid the clan as always lacked focus and direction. It has since I've been in the city and it has been horribly disgraceful to be honest. Yet I wasn't in a position at the time to do much about it. Those that were in charge were content to sit on their ass, do nothing, and then blame others for their problems. But, now we are in a unique position for once as a clan. Since the last court we have some clout and perhaps a little respect after months of neglect. Even if i fail in my duel and we are not be able to gain a regency, we have proven that clan nosferatu is great, and despite the treacherous and murderous intent of clan gangrel, we showed them just who was greater."

"What would be an excellent first step in asserting our influence in the city would be to have a base of operation. A safe haven. Now that the brood seems to be in decline, or at least keeping a low profile we should be able to begin work on a necropolis. I think a communal location like this would help build unity within the clan."

OOC

"Truthfully, I don't really know what to make of Keeper Villiers, but I can understand your reluctance to turn her away. She can be... unrelentingly helpful. To what end, I don't pretend to know."

Anton continues to peer out through the window, turning to acknowledge what Dirge had said. She couldn't see him, but he was certain she could tell that he was distracted.

Necropoli. Yes. I've seen my share, all varying in scope and purpose. Some thrived on persecution, others were impressive prisons, many were completely unique. At the very least, I feel that a communal, hidden place could be a powerful symbol..."

Anton draws the curtain and turns to Brenn and Dirge.

"...please excuse me, I think I see another of our number."

Anton leaves the room and steps alongside Mick, watching the way he carried himself. He felt no stirring Beast, but he stuck out all the same.

"Good evening," Anton greeted. "You look a little lost."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

B
    Burned

Mick on the other hand, had to hold back a hissing and shivering Beast inside, reminding himself that this should be his clan, and they would have no reason to harm a clanmate without provocation at a meeting place- Beasts were nowhere near rational, unfortunately.

At least, this was another Kindred. Mick smiled quietly and keeping his voice at a cautious volume chose to ask: "This is the clan meeting place, isn't it? I've only recently arrived here, I'm afraid. I'd hate to have made the wrong turn."

Anton gave Mick an appraising look, stepping around the light as it flickered and twisted around passing cars. The Haunt answers in a hushed, rumbling accent.

"This is the place, yes. I am Anton Flores. We have a room nearby. Others are waiting. Please, follow me."

B
    Burned

"Of course." Mick assented coolly. As Dean led him to the room, Mick took a breath to clear out any visible anxieties, and as they returned, he glanced around the room to respectfully acknowledge everyone. "Sorry for interrupting and being late, I'm new to Sacramento and had navigation issues. I'm Mick Mason, of the Circle."

"Not at all."

Anton didn't react to Mick's allegiance to the Crone, nor did he reveal his own faith. He moves briskly as he leads Mick into the room, closing the door behind him. T

"Please be seated, Mr Mason. Allow me to introduce your Hierophant,"

Anton points out Dirge to Mick as he circles the table, taking a seat next to Brenn.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Hello Mason. Like the man said I'm Dirge. Nice to meet another who follows a similar path," she said honestly. As she faced Mick the cloth blindfold over her eyes was likely one of the first things he noticed about her followed by her old threadbare clothing. She gave the impression of a blind homeless woman.

"We were just introducing ourselves and pointing out the obvious lack of a Priscus for our clan. I brought up a few points, but maybe we should wait to see if others join us? I'm not sure how many we have in the city these days."

B
    Burned

"Thank you, Ms. Dirge. Perhaps we wait..." Mick noted thoughtfully, interested by the nature of the Hierophant in Sacramento. She certainly would have been worthy of the position in the effort of achieving it, given the impression he presented. "On the other hand, though I am not the best judge, I do recall that the only Nosferatu recently arrived are myself," and he turned to remove a gnarled hand and gestured to Brenn. "And I apologize for forgetting your name, but I believe you are the other Haunt come lately."

"Now, if anyone else present knows of more Haunts who would come, then we should certainly wait. Otherwise, we might as well continue with the discussion at hand."

NOS
    PRE

Brenn wished that her parents had given her a more interesting name just so she could have more fun saying it. She remembered Mick from Court because of his faith in the Circle, one of the few Acolytes in this city from what she had managed to gather, but she wasn't offended by him forgetting hers. She would remind him, though.

"Good to meet you Mick," she replied light heartedly. "I'm Brenn; also hailing from the small tribe of the monosyllabic names. Now, I thought there was another Haunt I saw in Court but I couldn't say. Being one of the Unbound, and a new one at that, I can say that I'm not well connected in the Domain yet."

N
    NoMoshing

Fuck fuck fuck fuckfuckfuck thought Scott as his white unmarked van screamed around a corner. He was late. He hated being late. It was always better to be early, to be lying in wait for when other showed up... then, he only got the text from the Master half an hour ago.

It contained only an address and the instructions "Be there. Ingratiate yourself. Don't mention me unless someone asks who your sire is."

Scott pulled into the motel a little more reserved, easing off the gas a little, hoping nobody heard the screech of his tires from before. Settling the van into park, he popped open the glove box long enough to consider a revolver, gleaming in the light that seems almost to ooze through the window. No, not tonight, he thought, better not piss them off.

He took a moment to settle in the van, and try to remember if there was anything he was missing, while the other Haunts got the message that there was another one on his way.

OOC: Almost forgot to do a character description and such, I'll be along in a moment.

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread