The concept of faith, faith in anything, was something almost completely unknown to the large Gangrel known as Ajax. Parent's dragging him to Church when he was still alive and then all the assorted faiths of the Requiem, but no matter his condition he never really felt that connection with whatever was out there. He'd given the Circle a chance, dipped his toes into the pool and found that it really wasn't for him. Even before he'd met Katrina he knew he wasn't really feeling things. She was just the kick in the ass to finally make him acknowledge that he was wasting Dirge and Chris' efforts and time, and he didn't like doing that. Not to Dirge anyways, she'd been nice to him and he didn't like screwing over people who'd been nice to him since it was a really short list. So he'd called her up and asked to talk in private.

Dirge heard that Ajax had wanted to meet with her so she had made the time and agreed to meet at the crone farm. She sat in a study reading from one of her books, her fingers dragging across the braille.

Ajax drove out the farm and park his car nearby the spot where they'd held the ritual back in December. He approached the door, his shoulders sagging and knocks on it.

"It's Open," Dirge said as her head looked up and faced the direction of the door as she spoke, while her fingers still trailed across the page. Cerberus and Acheron stood up and looked to the door.

Ajax opened the door and entered the farm, his frame and large boots making the floor boards creak. "Hello, Hierophant Dirge, I hope that I'm not disrupting your night."

"Not at all. I was just doing some reading," she said glancing to him and her fingers stopped moving then closed the book. "How have you been? Was there something I could help you with?"

He found her in the library, with her two dogs, the guardian of the underworld and the river the ferryman crossed. "I wanted to tell you personally that I've given things a lot of thought and I don't believe that I am good fit for the Circle."

Dirge was clearly surprised by the news but recovered her composure almost instantly. "Oh, what seems to have brought about this decision? I would have been more than happy to speak with you if you were having doubts."

"It's not just doubts, it's just that I don't feel the call of the faith. I mean I like the ideals of the Circle but I can't seem to really truly believe. You've been really good to me but I just feel I'd be insulting you with my presence at rituals. I'm just a Chorus member, it's all I've even been. I don't know any of the rituals."

"Well if that's how you feel..." she said trailing off and pausing for a moment. "Have you found something else?"

Ajax takes a second before replying. "Someone else. It's independent from my own personal reasons but ... but she's Lance. A full member with them. If we were together and I become a full member of the Crone they'd do something to her. I ..." He pauses, it's hard to miss the emotion in his voice "I would watch a sunrise if anything were to happen to her."

"Ah, so this woman is your Eurydice. If you feel this is the path before you then I wish you well. Love if it exists, isn't something that our kind find often if at all. One doesn't need to be a member of the circle of the crone to find their way in this underworld. It is a path we all walk whether we realize it or not. Face your challenges, confront your demons, and if you ever feel you need spiritual advice that doesn't tell you you're scum...well you know where to turn."

The large Gangrel smiles at the mention of the legend, it's a bittersweet smile of a man who knows the emotions Orpheus would have felt. He walk through Underworld for Katrina. "Thank you Hierophant. You've been kind to me and I won't forget this. If you ever need my help, if something ever comes up or you ever feel the need to put down the books and need to talk or something, just ask."

"I'll keep that in mind. Was there anything else you wished to discuss?"

"Nothing else at the moment. I'll let you get back to your studies."

"Then have a good evening and may the goddess guide your steps Ajax."

End Scene