Arnold is in the office over the dancefloor at Avalon. He sits at his desk going over the nights business on paper, still trying to become accustomed to the club business.

Asa knocked on the door jamb before walking in, and sat down on the couch. Olivette entered behind him, and closed the door. "It looks good, smooth transition," Asa commented.

Arnold stands as the Prince walks in "Your Majesty, thank you."

"You know, I've never been one to equate titles with respect. A man can can deliver a mouthful of honorifics, and think you're a piece of shit," Asa said. It was the truth; he himself had done it. "I believe that you respect either myself or my position well enough that when we're in private, you can call me Asa -- or, if that's too personal, Clarke or Mr. Clarke is just fine."

Arnold visibly relaxes, recognizing that a barrier had been passed between them. He is comfortable enough with himself that he can easily do as the Prince asks. "That's fine, Asa. I assume you received my text message?"

"I did," Asa replied. "Tell me your news."

Arnold nods and gets right to it. "I made contact with the ones who dragged Konstantin and I from the sewers. The man's name is Matthew, and he is a werewolf. He said he is the leader of a tribe. I didn't question him much, because I was loathe to answer any questions he might have of our kind. I told him that I wanted to declare a state of mutual recognition and respect between our two peoples."

"I told him that once I spoke to my lord that I would meet with him again. I also offered him my services, if available, with anything he might require them for. That as my thanks to him for the sewers."

Asa suppressed a shudder of fear. Werewolves? Every whisper he had heard and snippet he had read agreed on one thing: they were ferocious killing machines. Would his Blood's command over the animal kingdom extend to such as those? "So we have werewolves as well as willworkers," Asa frowned slightly. "How did this Matthew respond to your offer of respect and recognition?" We are both predators in the night, are we not?

"He, too, seemed eager to have peace between our kind. He said that some of his people had been victim to Bethem's rage. He was really quite amiable. Somewhat a surprise to me, considering it was my first time encountering one of his kind."

"A similar reaction to the willworkers," Asa nodded. "Let's keep an eye on them, and see if Konstantin will be a secondary liaison if you get too busy. Seeing that they saved him as well, he should be a familiar face -- and you two have worked together before."

"I spoke with Konstantin of this meeting already. He mentioned that he has had some prior experience with werewolves in the past, and the Savages seem to relate to their kind more than other Kindred clans. Also, about Konstantin, I offered him the position of Reeve's Deputy. He accepted, as I thought he would, but he also asked about possible membership in the First Estate. I told him I would speak to you. I would, of course, be willing to act as his sponsor, in the case of his initiation."

"Konstantin? Invictus?" Asa asked, not bothering to hide his surprise. "I think you made a good choice of Deputy... explain to me the qualities in him you see that would make him a good fit within the Invictus. As his patron, his success... or failure... will reflect on you. Considering what I did with Twist," Asa continued, "I won't gainsay you if you want to do this -- but I won't be able to protect you if it does not go well."

Arnold thinks for a moment, then responds measuring his speech carefully "He is bound by honor, and he has sworn himself to me. He is rather old and has seen much, and has gained wisdom from what he's seen. I believe he will adapt well to the modern nights, and be an asset - especially against some of the covenants more hostile adversaries. I believe he feels as if he owes me, and that he is loathe to fail me. And by extension fail himself."

Asa nodded at the Reeve's words about honor and the commitment it entailed. "Very well. We'll make it official at the next meeting. As his patron, you'll also need to make sure he learns the customs of the Covenant. Without an Au Pair," Asa said, lips compressing slightly, "that falls to you. One slip of the tongue from him, and someone looking to 'even the field' may demand recompense from you." Asa shrugged. "If you're right about him, though, you may be another step closer to a Title of Tribute."

Arnold nods "I understand what I need to do, and the gravity of the situation. I'm quite sure that he won't embarrass me." He pauses "There was one other thing. Heathcliff called me recently. The night he awoke he evidently tried to feed off a mugger who unfortunately got the better of him. Somehow the police were able to get a description of him attacking the man. They came to his apartment during the day and questioned him, however, he says that he has knocked them off his trail. The issue is, though, that they mentioned having a description of Priscus O-Yama. Heathcliff mentioned seeing him that night."

Asa thought for a few moments before replying. "That could be an issue," he agreed. "I have some influence that could probably mitigate the damage..." he trailed off. "It would be a shame if the Priscus of the Nosferatu found himself discredited by something like that," he said. If Culler got it, he got it, if not... "You're the Reeve, though, so I'll leave that matter for your discretion. Just let me know if it gets to the point where I'll have to do something."

"Thank you," Asa said, standing. "On a more personal note, what do you think?" he asked, gesturing around the office, obviously referring to the club as a whole.

"I've been enjoying my new responsibilities immensely. I think I'm beginning to understand the music, and the women are beautiful. A club like this sees lots of Kindred pass through, so I am able to get an impression for the types of predators in the city. All in all, I'd like to thank you, Asa, for entrusting me with this position. I plan on making the most of this venture, for the both of us."

"Excellent," Asa said with a smile. "You've done well with everything you've been given -- you're a credit to yourself and the First Estate. Enjoy your evening, and give my welcome and regards to Mister Konstantin," Asa said, using the first Title of Esteem to refer to the Gangrel.

"You do me much honor, your Majesty, thank you." Arnold says, slipping back into honorifics in light of Asa's compliments "Goodnight."