Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The guided tour

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

The Museum was having a quiet day, with only the usual visitors and staff milling about, like an ordered, if sparsely-populated ant-hive. The noise around was quasi non-existent, as befit the distinguished establishment.

Pop-pop!, came the dual bursting bubbles breaking the silence. Pop-pop! Although Aurum's ended up smaller before collapsing, it was a welcome distraction. Standing next to the reception desk waiting for a guest would have been dull, dull, duuuuuull without it.

The piece of gum from the secret stash under the desk had cost her an as-yet-unnamed favor. Fortunately, even though Gina remained quiet on the subject of technique and method, her actions were enough to make her a good teacher in the art and physics of bubbles of candy. The two practiced the bubble, over and over again, while Aurum tapped her foot. Whether in impatience or from the music droning in her earbud was a mystery.

Aurum ghosted, with permission, to help Yog deal with scene overload. And also because I thought I'd have fun with it. :D

Big Rig ambled in through the door of the Fillard/ Goldman museum and spots a young woman chewinf noisily on some gum. He walks in taking in her garb and attire and thinking she wasn't the person he came to meet walked up to the desk and asked the receptionist, "excuse me ma'am but I'm here to meet a Ms. Aurum, do you happen to know where I can find her?"

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Frowning severely Aurum tucks the gum up into the pocket between her lip and her teeth, while the tapping of her foot suddenly stops. Finally she looks around as if in confusion for a moment before turning her gaze back to Big Rig.

"Hey there Steven Hawking exactly how many goth museum patrons do you see here today? Cause I only count one, and before you ask again I'll spell it out...yes that's me. Come on lets get you to a back room before you do anything even stupider than you have already."

She turned, gave Gina a little wave and while chewing on her gum once again made her way back to one of the offices.
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

mentally kicking himself, Big Rig follows the person called Aurum to the back room. "I seem to be making some very big blunders lately, I guess I'm still a fish out of water with all of this."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Big gulp in one hand, Aurum entered the back room. She did her best to avoid sighing as she walked across the floor. The moros councilor sat down in a heap in one of the confrence chairs and took a long swig of her drink.

"What the fuck chuck?" she asked after she was finished drinking. Then when the door closed behind Big Rig she continued. "I think a sleeper could have figured out what you were saying over the phone lines had they been listening. What were you thinking? All you had to say was that you were a new intern at the museum or that you ran in the same social circles or something...geez," she finished with a sigh not sure she wanted to hear the answer. "So what's your story?"

"I was trying to be subtle, which I'm not good at it, I've never had to be. I'm a truck driver with a degree in Anthrology, we don't exactly play cloak n dagger games on the road."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum frowned as the man spoke and silently wondered what she had done in her previous life, or whom she had pissed off to warrent such a string of fellow awakened.

"I'm assuming manners weren't used as a trucker either? When a superior scolds you it is typical to atleast apologize and attempt to appear like you mean it." She took a large drink through her straw and set the cup down again. "Whatever, look your new here so I'll cut you a break. But, you need to be more careful in the future. No highspeech in public or vulger magic where it can be witnessed. Don't give out any information like you did on the phone. So if you have to give information try to be subtle and speak like it could be confused as business...I don't care try and cover it up like a trucking or shipping job or something. If you can't disguise it meet them in person. We do not want sleepers catching on, and the more information and truth that gets revealed the more at risk that truth is to be corrupted and lost forever. How long since your awakening? Do you have any order or what kind of official training in society have you had? I assume your mentor taught you how to act in awakened society?"

"I don't believe in apologies, if I did wrong I learn and move on that my rule, however I do understand where you're coming from and I won't do it again. As for your questions, I've been awake for 3 years since my father died, but I didn't know anything about all this until about six months ago. All of the instruction I've had was given to me then by my mentor."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Arrogance will go over well with our more irritable and powerful elements in the city. As if our kind isn't arrogant enough as is.

"Yeah good luck with that," Aurum said rolling her eyes at his comment about not giving apologies.

At least he has enough sense to listen to good information when it suits him. Geez six months, bet his mentor kicked him out for his attitude, she thought to herself.

"I'd watch that pride of yours. Too many of us went down that road and lost our way. But that's your choice, just don't make trouble for me and well get along fine. So do you have an order you belong to? Know anybody in town yet or some place to stay? You know all that happy ass shit?"

No, I don't have an order order yet, I will check my attitude though I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong though and I was wrong for Dagwood's. Does the Mysterium need anymore anthropologists?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread