….. and then I mean everyone!

And that was almost true for Chris. It was early in the morning, and he walked to his car to drive home. He needed to sleep soon. But most of the people were still lying in their beds. And why shouldn't they? The cold, the snow, no reason to be up already. Chris was surprised when a couple of drunken students came down the street. But the neonate wasn’t in the mood for alcoholic blood again. Now, is that all there is to satisfy my thirst?

The answer was no. Because who could have ever forget our beloved bums? Fresh cool blood. It doesn’t always have to be warm. Or with alcohol, or drugs! Drugs for Christ’s Sake. Once I had that, never again please. These thoughts were all caused by a sleeping old woman near his car, in a dark corner of the street. Muggy clothes and the mess around her made clear this woman lived on the street.

An idea came into Chris’ mind. Even this woman needed some attention with Christmas. So he made some extra sound with opening the doors of his car, hoping she woke up if he did it loud enough. Then he searched the backseat of his car. He should have an old vacuum flask somewhere. After a minute searching in the mess. He found it. He went to sit in his car with the flask in his hand. With an innocent voice he spoke to the woman. And gladly she looked up slowly. ‘What do you want?’A rasping voice answered.

Chris told the woman she could share a warm drink with him, she shouldn’t be alone in the cold winter. It was nothing for the long terms, but his car would be warm soon as well. The old woman thought about that for a moment, and then hold up her shoulders and stepped into Chris’ Mini Cooper.

‘Now let me help you get your jacket off. If you put it out now, you’ll be warmer when your outside again.’ He put the vacuum flask away and just did what he actually asked. The woman was too surprised to be able to make any resistance. When the big package of clothes was off, Chris quickly bite with his teeth in her neck, and drunk. When he was satisfied, Chris took a post-it from his dashboard and wrote something on it.

You felt asleep pretty quick. Sorry I went away so rude, but here is 5 dollar to buy some food. Merry Christmas.

Chris dragged her outside and put her on the ground where she laid down before. He put 5 dollar in her hands together with the little piece of paper. There was somewhere some humanity left inside him, although if he was in her position, he wouldn’t be very glad with 5 dollar. Such gifts made the givers feel better than that the bum would be helped by it.

But as long as I’m the giver, what do I care? I have my blood, that’s all that matters.