THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

The stars shone brightly as twinkling diamonds in the sky above the tree lined clearing. The chill, moist night air clung tightly to the ground and to any still among the living they would say it was like death itself was reaching out to embrace them, and because of this the lone blind folded woman sitting in the lotus position was quite at peace. Black ceremonial robes matched her hair and hid her small, pleasing frame from view. Despite the woman’s beauty there was the cold specter of death that lingered about her that was unsettling.

Around her the area had been prepared for the evening. There was a massive stone slab in the center of the clearing stained with a fresh libation of blood and the nearby area also smelled strongly of a scattering of blood in a rededication and consecration ritual to banish any unwholesomeness that may have been left behind by the brood.

Flanking the alter; two small braziers each holding a small flame faintly lit the immediate area with an orange glow. At the far end of the alter was a large pit about six feet deep and on the side nearest the woman was an earthen ramp that lead up to the top. Around the area stood four small braziers unlit with one at each compass point and so they formed a massive diamond marking the perimeter of the ritual area. Outside of the ritual area stood a black bull tethered firmly to the ground and Cerberus standing watch over the animal.

Sitting patiently Dirge waited for the other members of the Circle of the Crone to arrive, a curved ritual dagger resting on the ground beside her.

PRE

Ajax arrived, not really sure what to expect but still willing to keep going through with this whole Covenant thing. As he neared the area where the ritual was to be performed he was suddenly struck by just how real things were getting. Whenever he thought about Circle rituals he always pictured something from a Hollywood movie, like the Wicker Man, the good version without Nic Cage or maybe like one of the rituals from the Conan movies. However this, this was real.

The big Gangrel walks into the ritual area, taking special care to avoid all the really well laid out things. He had only a bit of an idea what it all meant and thus really didn't want to knock one of them over. Spotting Dirge he nods, then remembers that the Hierophant is blind, which makes him speak in order to announce his presence. "Hello."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

If it could be true, Chris would have said he couldn't sleep this day. He was so excited. In the past, he had met some other Acolytes. But he was never respected enough to be able to be present at their rituals. He had started to prepare his own Yule ritual, but could happily stop doing that as soon as he heard the Crone would have one together. It is always good to celebrate the longest night. Too bad they're becoming shorter after this night.

He also came to the ritual area. There he heard the big man, what was his name again...? ah, Ajax, say hello. Chris found the place really cool. It was probably stupid and neonate-like to find such things 'cool' but he didn't really care.

Chris hid his excitement and said in a serious and soft tone: 'A good evening.' Hello wasn't really original after Ajax' entrance, but a whole 'how are you'-story was not done.

Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge listened to the sound of footfalls throught the short, damp grass of the clearing as they approached. She remained silent until the figures spoke and then she smiled warmly.

"Welcome Ajax, Chris. The Eye of Death welcomes you. I'm glad you both could make it this evening. Tonight is a special evening. It the Winter Solstice, the dead of winter, and a time of death when nature itself submits to the power of the grave. It is a time that mirrors our own existance, life is absent and the living seperate themselves and huddle together warding themselves from the demise of nature."

"Apart from the religious significance, it is the the first ritual that the Circle in Sacramento has had in more than a year and the first since I have taken control. It is also the first ritual at our covenents grounds since they were overrun by brood. It is important that while we might not all be on the same path that we meet together as a covenant to honor the gods and to show the rest of the city that we may be small, but stand united."

After a short pause dirge continued, "Does anyone have any experience with music? We could use someone on the drum for the ritual. Does anyone have any questions as well before I explain things?"

PRE

Ajax listened to Dirge speak and was hit by the whole event. In truth he didn't really believe in the Gods of the Circle but he did believe in the power and truth contained in the myths of those Gods. They gave answers to questions he had wondered about since the moment he woke up after his embrace. If the rituals helped with understanding the power and truth contained in the myths, then Ajax was all for the rituals. "Hierophant I do not have much experience with drums but if you attention needs to be on the ritual I will give it my best effort."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris listens silently to the words his Hierophant spoke. She spoke fantastic. He was caught by her words. The whole atmosphere was just perfect for a night like this, a ritual like this. And Chris was fascinated by Dirge. It was a beautiful woman, and looked very mysterious with her blindfold. He would never say she was a haunt.

The young acolyte shared her opinion as regards honouring the gods. Hell Yes! The Crones should be in a Circle, united.

Music? Yes I like music, can I play it? Nope.
    The big man said he wasn't drummer, but Chris really had no feeling for rythm. So he nodded to Ajax that the man could give his best efford. 'I'm sorry, but I've no experience with instruments either. And... I have no questions before you explains things Hierophant.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge nods in understanding as the two speak, after all not many these days are experienced in such things. "Thank you Ajax. I'll teach you the rhythm that you will be using. It is pretty strait forward."

Pulling out a small drum Dirge pounded out a simple rhythm and then increased the speed slightly after she was sure he caught the beat. Then when she was finished she turned to address them both.

"I"ll be performing the rite, but I have a few roles for each of you to play. Ajax has volunteered to perform the drums and I have a role for you as well Chris. You should notice the four unlit
    braziers at the compass points. If you think that you can handle it I want you to light a small flame from the small fires near the alter and lite each one of those braziers starting with the western one and going in a clockwise motion. Then when you are finished you can return the torch to the alter flames and take your position near the alter for me to begin the ritual. I think it goes without saying that when the animal is sacrificed that the blood is an offering and is not to be consumed."

"That should cover the important parts. It is a simple ritual and it will be completed after the animal is dead and I release the god. We will be using fire so if something happens I have buckets of earth prepared near the fires to extinguish fire so be careful. If you are ready please take your places. Ajax with the drum near the alter and Chris prepared to light the flame that will be used. This is difficulty for us all, to resist the call of our nature with the blood and fire and a tribulation to be overcome."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris was in full concentration. He nodded a few times as a response to the Hierophant's instructions. I think I can handle that. Without light, there can be no shadows after all.

If there is nothing else to discuss, Chris walks to the torch, and waits until Ajax starts to play the drum. When he does, Chris picks up the torch. Take it easy beast, easy. Chris looks into the fire a moment. He could only try to relax, it was just a small flame fortunatly, but still, frenzying would be awkward.

Chris gives his Hierophant one look, that said that he would start now. With the torch in his hands, Chris lites the western brazier, and continues clockwise, as he was told to do. When he was finished he gazed upon all the fire. Everything's still on? Everything is still on. So he puts the torch back where it came from.

Now he stood next to the altar, waiting for Dirge to begin.

Player of the Month

For half a second Big Evil is tempted to see if he'd could play In-A-Gadda-Da-Veda with the drum but that's only a passing thought as he hits the drum in the way Dirge had shown him. He stands near the alter beating the drum to the beat of the ritual and watching as the graceful Nos moves and the Mekhet plays with fire, doing his best to keep the beat.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Hello ?!
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread