Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
*slow, unironic clapping*

I honestly can't think of anything to say to this, besides: excellent job, Benji.

http://nwod.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5830&postcount=25

I love the shift from third to second person--it really helped bring me in as a reader. I also loved the paragraph near the end, the thought association that ended up showing a bit of envy, perhaps, for the Daeva.

Beautiful.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

jmiland has said it all

well done

It took a day or two of fairly creepy research to get it juuuust right, but you came through for us Benj. And now I'm tipping you off to the Feds.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

That was the creepiest thing I think I ever wrote. Not the content so much but the fact that I thought about it for a bit and then everything clicked into place. It didn't take long to write at all.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

So I'm guessing Roxie won't be Mariel's newest BFF?

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

Daeva make her feel inferior, what with their magic "love me" powers. She has issues with love. All Roxie has is the ability to sleep underground and to make luck her prison bitch, but that's hardly anything at all.

And if Mariel doesn't try any manipulative games and keeps the preaching down and their first meeting goes well, she'd get a better impression of Mariel over her cousins.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

+ Reply to Thread