Ended
Watch

(Mystic Chapter) Getting Back

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    L
    Lina Moretti

And there it was. The tunnel's bane, the damage to the wall. She knew there was risks to the building's structure, but how could this place ever be truly safe for the Ordo Dracul's use if monsters could come up the tunnel whenever they felt the need?

She knew where to hit. Her heightened sense of touch would do her no further good. It was with mundane hands that she drew forth her little crowbar for maximum targeting and leverage.

And then, from out of their line of sight near the wall where she prepared to strike, the Grand Wyrm screamed and shouted, "RUN! THEY'RE HERE!"

Because nothing made mocking monsters more excited than the idea that their prey isn't going to fight.

Wait. Maximum time, so as much of whatever this was was in the tunnel when it came down. She knew she'd be Danger Close to whatever cave-in was coming - at least, what most people would call Danger Close. Celerity let her save time in a bottle.

When the moment was right, when the threat was stuck in the trap... Lina's crowbar swung with maximum effort, her body zipping around, hitting what needed to be hit with expert accuracy - and then she was flying out of the basement, speedy arms pumping as she fled to escape the cave-in --

Lina takes a -3 penalty to increase accuracy and reduce risk to the building's structure. -1 WP on the destruction of the wall, and her All-Out Attack is used there. -1 Vitae for Celerity, to allow her to let as much of what is coming into the trap and still escape the cave-in.

4 sux to bring the hole down on itself and fully seal the tunnel
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-24 10:48:57 Lina Moretti rolls 10 to Strength + Weaponry + 1 for Crowbar + All-Out 2 - 3 to Target to Minimize Damage to Building (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 4, 4, 4, 2, 9, 8, 4, 8, 8 4 successes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

The Lord tries not to be offended that he is completely ignored. It all makes sense. For Tess and Little John the whole experience had apparently been almost as wondrous as for him. Or perhaps even more.

Aaron is running down the stairs when he hears Lina scream. First he had planned to go down and help her. But here he stands, packed with equipment; exhausted and agitated from the angel summoning.

Time to run.

Hopefully the blur of his Daeva friend would soon be by his side.

Aaron goes full speed for the exit and wait at a distance for Lina

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The monster's hear Lina's cry. They rush forward, pattering and splashing up the tunnel.

Lina takes her crowbar to the wounded wall in a frenzy.

Through the flurry of blows and slowed sense of time, courtesy of Celerity, the Dragon saw Things scurry up the passage toward her: misshapen homunculi with dripping fangs and effeminate claws; a wriggling thing with a tentacled head; a naked woman (she thinks) covered in scales.

At the last minute, the wall comes down.

The tunnel vanishes in a puff of dirt and rubble.

The building groans in protest. The ceiling cracks.

Lina flees, limbs pumping with Vitae.

Behind her, the basement collapses in slow motion as one structural failure leads to another. The house trembles.

On the upper storey, Little John waits for Tess as the inhuman pair make their own exit.

ST NOTE - Ordinarily a building should be able to take that damage. But I'm going for drama - and who knows what other stresses are affecting the building?

L
    Lina Moretti

Feet patter at impossible speeds as Lina flees the monsters and the wreckage. The Ordo Dracul Chapterhouse started its first night moonlighting as an International House of Pancakes. The stairs, the warp -- Lina had seen what she needed to. There was no time to look back. There was no time to think. All there was to do was get out.

Aaron.

She found the foyer, and looked around and out -- there he was. A relieved smile crossed her face.

"Go! Go! The basement is coming apart! TESS! JOHN!"

Get to a safe distance. Then, and only then, should they look back...

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

When an unexpected amount of noise coming from the house - again - Aaron starts to worry. What could cause this power this time? Had the old building finally taken enough beating?

His questions are then answered by the Grand Wyrm herself.

The basement is coming apart...

'What?! Are you alright? What is happening?'
    His friend appears seemingly from nothing and he immediately fires questions at her. 'Did you see what was coming?'

L
    Lina Moretti

"A small army," Lina said frankly, hands on her knees. "I dropped the tunnel on them as they tried to enter. No choice, otherwise we'd be running from Cthulhu motherfuckers into the city. A bunch of them are dead. The rest may still be in the sewers... I'm not sure if I got 'em all."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

There is a low rumble of moving earth coming from the old chapter house...

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Oh fuck! I had hoped we would be able to go in to collect some samples...' Aaron sounds annoyed with the situation. It had all been going so well. 'I mean, you did a good job. And I'm glad you made it out. It's just...'

Cthulhu motherfuckers?

'What did you say? More unknown creatures? I can handle Angels, but no, what would they be, Starspawn.' The Lord laughs, nervously. He slowly backs away from the building. He holds all his bags tightly, as if they are something to hold on to for support.

L
    Lina Moretti

"You heard me. Time to go, Aaron. Give me one of those bags. We gotta go, man, we can look over the wreckage after," she hurried, taking a bag and running at a human's speed away from the building. Where was Tess? Where was Little John?

Fuck it.

Erstwhile allies, but they needed to survive, here and now...

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I should probably keep this scene open a little longer but I figure its a good spot to wrap things from a narrative stand point.

And I get the chance to introduce a little element of... mystery...

Tess and Little John will Return.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread