DISPLAYED
(On the Hunt) Finger Delivery & Recon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Yumyumcrow I'm fine if some things are narrated / fast forwarded, but that is up to you.
    Directly continued from the interrogation scene.

Since Clara had expressed no desire to drive, Aaron has taken the wheel. With their interrogation done - and the subject taken care of - there are a couple of small things on their to-do list. Since he has gotten a clear address of the hunter safe house, he wishes to take some pictures of it. With several combat-capable Kindred involved, they could make a plan to ambush it. Hit the hunters where it hurts most. Of course, this intel gathering would be done with the lowest possible level of risk.

Aaron is no fan of bombs or fire balls.

But first, another small plan has to be put in motion. Surely the Bush Whackers must be missing one of their team members. Tonight or possibly tomorrow morning, one tiny body part would be found. In a nice Tribulation Militia gift-wrap.

He had put the one unmarked location they found on the hunter's list in his GPS system, and they should be on their way.

'Luckily it is really getting late, there's hardly anyone on the streets...'
    It's almost just small talk, with Clara E. Verne . But he sincerely hopes no one would see them dropping off the package.

2. Likes Riks liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

(Blush used in Warehouse)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The finger sat in the glove compartment in front of her. Next to it was an unmarked hand canon with six shots in it. The weight of the deeds to get the items rested on Clara's shoulders as Aaron spoke up.

A quick side-long glance at the driver and she said, "Ungodly hour. For kine, anyway." The night wasn't over so she couldn't afford to have her heart give in to weakness. "You have a chance to think on everything our friend said? It was a lot and I'm still trying to process it myself."

She had her chair recline as far back as it would go and leaned into the chair. She almost immediately blew a raspberry as she got comfortable. "This goes much deeper than a bunch of boys playing at heroes."

Expending -1V Blush of Life from prev scene since we're just jumping right into it!

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I will let you talk a bit before you reach your first destination.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron nods to agree with Clara while his eyes stay on the road. 'It is definitely a lot. The main thing that sticks with me is that there are multiple groups. This is a very large problem, which will not be solved by taking out the Bush Whackers. Even worse is that they were, so far, probably mainly killing The Brood... and doing us a service. Of course, there is no telling how long it would take before they'd turn on us.'

'But the fact they at least one of them appears to have inhuman powers, that is what frightens me most. Now, who knows what we can expect?'
    The Lord feels like he would have to expect the worst. Which is what he usually does. It is the reason he does not give hands to Kindred. There are so many powers that require a single touch. But then again, his knowledge is mostly limited to Kindred abilities.

I'd love to do more thorough interrogations.

'Maybe the Tribulation Militia will even turn out to be our biggest enemy, since they're more widespread. If they recognize an organized resistance, they might even bring in more force. Especially now that we're doing this...'

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing Aaron speak of fear at what might be magic chilled Clara to the core of her being. He more than her had a deeper understanding of what they might face.

"Well this will hopefully instill discipline within the Court's ranks. That's all the Forsworn are good for: showing how bad it gets when you don't have structure." The politically correct non-answer answer. Clara said it as thoughtlessly as one might in response to a daily greeting.

Aaron continued and Clara took it to mean he was inviting her input. "An all-out war isn't an option." She spoke definitively. Whether their actions or the other players held that opinion as another matter. "You worried about my master plan to play them against each other?" She said in jest, lightening her tone a bit. If anyone was worried she was. "It'd feel a lot better if we could get our hands on one of them and force a good story...but these aren't regular kine we're dealing with." She'd never seen someone resist a Discipline like had been done when Davis was repelled by the long dead hunter.

"If you have any doubts, there's still time to spit 'em out."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

While Clara said it as a non-answer, it makes Aaron think. 'Perhaps we do need more structure. From what I understand, since the previous Prince left, they are still trying to figure some things out. Management-wise.' Of course, they are not as disorganized as the Brood. But a lot more Kindred could have a useful role in this relatively fresh Kindred society.

'I agree. If only because it risks the Masquerade. There are smarter tactics. Like this.'
    He turns his head to look at the right mirror of his car, then glance at Clara for just a second. 'Your master plan is at least a plan. I think we can work with it. If we could catch someone again, that would be great.'

Speaking of people getting caught: the Lord checks his rear-view window regularly. Somewhat paranoid.

I don't have any doubts, I like the plan actually. I was quite surprised to learn they are so antagonistic towards each other. If we can properly feed their competitiveness, we can turn it into our favor. However, it also depends on the results of our friends and their missions.'

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Aaron seemed to be musing aloud. Clara knew that Alessandra was relatively new but she hadn't bothered to think on what happened to the previous Prince. "They'll figure it out," or eat each other. Was the Domain of Sacramento ready for this threat? Clara pushed the question aside in her mind.

It was a relief to be sharing the car with someone who understood how precarious their situation was. She laughed a little at his reaffirming they capture one of the hunters. "Honestly? We could find no one, toss the finger, and I'd be happy." It felt good to be reaffirmed, but she didn't want to say it out loud.

Merde. Clara had forgotten about the others. So much could go wrong so quickly. "We should meet again. With everyone." Were the Bushwackers and the Militia to band together and put aside their difference it'd make everything much harder. "You ever deal with hunters on this scale, Aaron?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

If only things were so simple that a single finger in a Tribulation warp would solve things. 'Same. In the most fortunate of scenarios.' Which this is not likely to be. Their life is the Danse Macabre. A Requiem. They have witnessed tonight how easily death could become part of their nightly experiences. The hunters would not positively change this anytime soon.

There's a buzz from his phone, 'I'm getting another reply from them as we speak. I'm sure we will meet up soon. At least the fact that they're replying means that things have not gone horribly wrong yet.'

What a relief.

'Not really. I mean, they must have been there in Chicago, but I hardly dealt with them. That city has a Kindred society I think at least three times the size of Sacramento. Maybe even more. That certainly makes everyone even less united. Things are organized differently, and my Sire and I mainly had other vampires to deal with.'

Damn them all.

Yumyumcrow I think we should be good to arrive soon. Also considering I don't want to keep the other teams waiting for too long

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

They had driven out into the nebulous rural fringe between Florin and Elk Grove. The street was dark and dim; the buildings had rapidly fell away as the drove, to such a point that now they were almost surrounded by yawning gulfs of shadow under a rich, dark, sky. By day, the area would have been forgettable - a flat land of shrub and open space - but at night it transformed into an intimidating and isolated space where the darkness shrank sight lines and transformed everything into a vague potentiality.

The spot marked on the Hunter's map turns out to be a lone shop in the middle of a long street. The shop has been long since shut up and a grotty FOR SALE sign stands mouldering at the curb. Sun scorched vegetation crackles underfoot. A developing pot hole makes parking treacherous - it would seem even the local authorities have forgotten the site.

What the building does have, is graffiti. Lots of it. Some old; some old; some new; some faded; some painted over long ago. And dominating one side - a side clearly visible from the street - is one of the Tribulation Militia's fireball / flame bird sigils.

Assuming you were following up on the Hunter's map to dispose of the body. Then onto the safe house...

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

(Heightened Senses)Vitae 0 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Clara glanced at Aaron's phone as it buzzed. "Want to give me your number?" She said after he confirmed all of their allies weren't ash. "For communication, I mean. I think Moretti had you on a group text but I don't have your number saved."

Hearing Aaron speak of Chicago made Clara sympathize. New York was a beast entirely it's own with a puppet Prince and primogen playing out ancient grudges on it's starlit streets. "Sounds about right. New York was practically five Domains. And we had each other to make miserable."

Clara let her Vampiric Senses open up to take in the night. As easy as breathing once was for her. She stayed in the car for the moment and took in every detail. If there was nothing of note or anyone nearby, she'd ready the gruesome trophy for delivery under the Tribulation Militia tag. "You ready?"

Percep 4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-14 22:56:14 Clara E. Verne rolls 6 to Perception (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 6, 8, 8, 5, 10, 5, 8 4 successes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread