THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Figured this could be an Open Scene, considering it is at a public location
    Blush of Life active

The castle-like goth club is an interesting venue for Aaron. He steps inside, barely caring to imitate life, yet with a light blush to his cheeks. The interior of Reverence is absolutely stunning, setting such a dark scene. This is a club built in veneration of darkness, it seems, both in an emotional sense and for an actual lack of bright light. A perfect place to meet the Priscus of Haunts.

The Dragon Lord himself is usually not going for Goth fashion, but he chose a post-punk style all black outfit that might not be too out-of-place here. He used some black body paint as a not-so-subtle eye shadow and eyeliner. Normally he uses it for different purposes, but it is now well-suited for this occasion.

He looks around, curious to see if Cynthia Weiss is already here, but also to study the other guests. How many of them would dream of being like Cynthia and him, or some romanticized version of the vampire? How many of them would constantly dwell in the night willingly? And how many of them have forgotten that the sun is actually still a very healthy thing for them?

I can definitely see how this would be a crème de la crème feeding spot.

Although he wonders if anyone present could be suitable to satisfy his particular tastes. He could not feed here - but surely he could take someone home with him.

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

It had been so long since Cynthia had been in a place like this. Dark lighting, the flow of pale skin and black. The music was not quite what she remembered playing in other clubs, but at least it was not another half baked Bauhaus remix. She had managed to pick out something appropriate for tonight. Leather and spikes usually worked, but she was not interested in being confused for a Punk by posers or clueless babybats tonight. The Priscus had decided to set up in the corner. One rendered secluded by a curtain of smells similar to bleach.

The only company she had so far was a single Bloody Mary that remained untouched. Occasionally she would stop staring at it and scan the room with the bored expression of someone who practised it. A look that fell away the moment she felt the Beast start to whimper within. Cynthia rose and made a beeline towards the source. Did not take long for her to appear before Aaron, the crowd parting like a curtain of black velvet.

"Ah. Nice to finally see you." Cynthia said, her black lips parting into a smile. "And you managed to get dressed. Most don't usually make that effort." She gestured him to follow her back to the darkened corner.

4. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Unlike at their usual gatherings, it takes Aaron a moment to notice Cynthia Weiss. In fact, right up until the point she is appears in front of him. She blends in far better in Club Reverence - and her Beast is so tranquil. It puts the Lord quite at ease.

'Hi. Indeed.'
    He begins, still acclimatizing to this new environment. 'I'm quite glad how this combination worked out. The make-up took me a bit longer, but I managed.'

With a nod he follows the Haunt to a darker corner of the club. He tries to adjust his movements to that of the music. Fortunately, Synth-pop and Dark 80's music have perfectly danceable electronic beats.

'Do you come here often? I actually have no idea of possible various subcultures within the broader Goth scene.' If there are any.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Its a bit low key. But nothing wrong with that." Cynthia said with a slight shrug as she took a seat. Her finger started tracing along the rim of the glass.

"Its my first time here actually. Been so busy since I got here a few months ago I haven't had the opportunity until now." The Priscus explained calmly. Although her eyes rolled. "I wouldn't get into that subject. So many little labels now its hard to keep track of it all. It feels like most kids these days argue what is and isn't goth." She was still trying to wrap her head around the debates about Nu-goth.

She ceased prodding the drink and moved it to the side. "But first, something a bit more merciful. How are you fitting in so far?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron takes a seat next to Cynthia, making it easy to talk to her directly, but also overseeing most guests of Reverence with a quick look.

'Tell me about it, I stayed so long in my previous home, I did not really know how long it would take to settle somewhere else. It is so easy to slowly root yourself in one place, grow strong, make useful connections everywhere. But then we cannot move that all at once and install it in a new city.'
    He lets out a sigh, feeling like he had to start all over, taking only his own knowledge with him. Which is still a lot, but nothing compared to the resources of a whole network.

He smiles with a light shrug, 'Well, let's not then. Though in general I always find it interesting how people like to be part of a certain broadly defined group. But then they also want to decide who else is and who isn't part of it, for sometimes quite peculiar reasons.'

The Haunt's red tomato drink draws Aaron's attention just when she moves it to the side. It's ironic. He would have gone with red wine, to mimic the sense of socializing with a drink that feels natural to take. Which is, of course, blood for them.

'I think I'm doing quite OK. I still need to find myself a proper place. But I still have more exploring to do for that. I'm glad how welcoming the community here has been so far. I'm still trying to have a proper conversation with everyone at least once, so I'm glad we could meet.' With the usually small societies in which they lived, that would be doable.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded along in agreement. At least with some of the sentiment. "Yes. That is true. Spent most of my early years on the move. Its hard to find a spot I like and even then I do feel the urge to keep moving. It can feel like chains after a while." The strange scent of sulphur continued to invade the space between them. A hint that something was fundamentally wrong with her that even the Veil could not hide.

"Its mostly worry I've found. With just a hint of good ol' fashioned elitism." The priscus explained with a shrug. "Some worry about the whole subculture being watered down. Lose whats so special about it, have everything interesting plundered and end up like a forgotten trend." A darkened eyebrow raised to the Ventrue just as she finished. "Though I suspect exclusive access might be familiar to your... club in some way." Even under the beat of music and the darkness, Cynthia was unsure how much she could actually say without someone picking something up.

Cynthia smiled slightly. "Good to know. And I do agree. This place does feel different from the others I've seen over the years." She said as the Bloody Mary was prodded back in front of her. Her hands seem more intent on nursing it than actually drinking it. "Meet anyone interesting so far?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'That is quite interesting. I can see how a nomadic life has its advantages, but they never seemed to outweigh the disadvantages for me. I hope you have not yet experienced the urge here?' Aaron observes the goth woman with great interest.

He nods along when she explains the watering down of the culture, 'I suppose then, in some way, it can be coined as a fear for cultural appropriation. That does explain things a little.' When Cynthia mentions his 'club', the Dragon Lord leans a bit closer. The sulfur scent almost makes him retreat, but he attempts to ignore it. 'In some way, yes. But for completely different reasons. For us, there is not necessarily a strength in numbers. New members can be very valuable and prove to be great additions to the club, but they can also be a wasted distraction from our main goals. Besides, the intentions of our individual members have to be right. Perhaps more so than with other clubs.' His tone is quite neutral, not revealing whether he thinks this a good or a bad thing.

A smile appears when he thinks of some of the Kindred he met here. 'Yes. I would say so. I have been spending a lot of time with Lina Moretti. And the moments I have been around Dr Simmons were very pleasant. Probably not coincidentally, they are both in one way affiliated to me. May I ask, has the fact that you are not part of a club to do with your urge to move around?'

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The goth shrugged at the man. "I honestly have not been here long enough for wanderlust to take hold. Its gonna take time or some sort of disaster to get me moving again." She admitted.

"Part of it yes. Another is direction. I remember the last decade it was Cybergoths." Cynthia rolled her eyes a bit and waved her hand. "I find change inevitable. But people are as resistant to it as much as... We are." She nodded as Aaron explained. "I think I see what you are saying. Is the Vetting really that vigorous?"

"Ah. Good to know. I haven't spoken to Lina yet, but I agree on Doctor Simmons." She said with a nod and a smile. Pale hands wrapped around the drink as she thought on the question. Black nails rapped against the glass, creating a faint ringing that could be faintly heard over the beat. "Not really no. I just fell into a group not really attached to anyone and even long after they left I still didn't end up. They either didn't try to recruit me or they were a bad match." There was a pause. "Yours is the former, of course."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Good,' Aaron simply replies, hoping that disaster would wait.

When Cynthia mentions change, the Dragon smiles and states matter-of-factly: 'Well, change must have a purpose. A key philosophy among my peers.' Not a good answer perhaps to the matter of Goth culture, but he feels they're going to talk about some things more interesting. 'I'm not sure if vetting is the right word. The only thing is, you have to know to some extent what you're getting yourself into. Being very secretive, naturally a lot of myths surround my club. But we do everything with a purpose, a dedication that goes beyond a simple requirement to 'believe' or to wish for a political majority.' He shrugs, as those are not necessarily bad things. And of course, they are not the only things that define other Covenants.

When they start to mention other Kindred, Aaron's gaze automatically wanders off a little to check the other guests of Reverence once more. Cautiously.

Then he lets out a short chuckle, 'I would be lying if I said this meeting was not partially planned to get to know your opinion and current feelings on the subject. So I could try a little harder, simply start with distinguishing fact from fiction, or leave the topic for what it is.' His dry tone makes it seems as if Aaron has no preference whatsoever, but a spark in his eyes and a little smile reveal that he is inviting Cynthia to go further into detail.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"But is the purpose because of some outside factor? Or because of something you really want?" The Priscus said with a raised eyebrow and the phantom of a smirk playing along her lips. Cynthia fell silent once more as she let Aaron continue. "The things I know are mostly rumours, bullshit thrown around and a few things I've read here and there." She said offhandedly. "Belief and Politics have never been enough to catch my attention. The feelings worse when they try to shove it down your throat."

She did not move much, but her eyes did follow the Ventrues glance out to the dance floor and the ocean of black and pale skin.

"I've been solo for a while. So you can certainly try." The goth said as the drink was pushed further away to the side, away from where it would distract her. "I get the feeling its nothing like how the church describes it. Much like everything now that I think about it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread