Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(The Dark) Getting It Together

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

They have a target: the remains of an old estate, left crumbling away on the northern fringes of the city. Rumour suggests that the Brood have claimed the place as an outpost. They parted to pursue leads and now the Kindred have reconvened to share their knowledge and move against the enemies of the Domain.

Alessandra Orianna @Emma French Psychangel Alice Hart Saber Sloth Acheron Jesse Bea Cayce

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Bea's friends and allies get a high-vis vest from... somewhere. It looks official; smells official; probably is not official but should work well enough so long as the plant doesn't meet anyone... official... Her vagrant returns with the following information:

*The site is "that old house. Yeah. The one no one squats in. Its haunted. No! Don't fucking laugh! It really is. I heard it from a guy, who got it from a crazy bitch. She got it from Beard Jake, see. He's got stones..."

"The place hasn't been hooked up to the grid in years. Before my time. But I saw some kerosene can's laying about inside... And no, I didn't go poking around in there. Its haunted."

"Round one side I saw some old floor boards had been pulled up. Big pile of dirt, too. Heh! I bet someone's been looking for that buried treasure, too!"

"I heard moans and like, crying, or something. Swore it came from the house. That was it! I was out of there! Those tall tales were true, I swear. Its ghosts. Fucking place gave me the creeps."

And for book keeping reference:

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-07 03:08:17 Hired Vagrant to be useful rolls 5 to to know local colour (10 Again) 8, 10, 2, 1, 2, 4 2 successes
    2017-01-07 03:02:07 Hired Vagrant to be useful rolls 4 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 9, 4, 1, 9 2 successes
    2017-01-07 03:01:30 Hired Vagrant to explore rolls 3 to Wits + Investigation (10 Again) 4, 4, 8 1 success

Ale has allies of her own. She also has rank and when she asks, people respond:

From a fence who has an interest in such things: "Know of it, yes; been there, no. According to my sources, its the last piece of a family estate. Its been locked in some legal limbo for years. They say that there is a dispute somewhere; that there is no clear beneficiary... Whatever! More likely the place is such a shambles it would be too costly to clear out and develop. So they hold onto it for land value alone. If you really want to know more, talk with Hopkins and Ponting - its the holding company that has the estate in trust, or so I'm told."

From a sleazy PI with a nose for rumour and too many gambling debts: "Ah. I think Ferdinand Vega might be stashing something up there. Its out of the way and no one touches the place... Okay! Okay! Jeez why so violent? Hey! Okay - ah look, he's a cayote. Normally he sticks to L.A. but I think he's had to move because the heat was on, yeah? Anyway I found him lurking in town. I guess he got tired of burning his secret emergency funds 'cause I saw him hook up some guys. I bet he's using that old house to hide some migrants or something. He don't know the old stories, see. He wouldn't care anyway... Yeah? What? The ghost stories... ow, man what the fuck!"

From a hustler who plied his trade in the wrong part of town. "No! Please! I don't know anything... Please! Please! Look! Oh God! Okay! Some OG is said to have stashed their treasure up at the old house! I don't know! Not the face! I don't know if he started the legends about the ghosts or if he used 'em! He hid his stash up there figuring no squatters who find it. Its an old house... *sobs* They say some crazy psychic owned the place and died up there. The homeless moved in after. I guess the dope fiends followed. Then the stories of the noises and weird shit got out. And it wasn't from the dope fiends. Some people died. Even if its not true the reputation stuck! Thats all I know, I swear!"

3. Likes Acheron, West, liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Honestly, the more she heard, the more Bea thought this sounded like fun. Ghost stories. Brood. Undead hit squads...

Yeah, she could get behind that.

Now all that was left to do was wait for the HBIC to finish rounding up the rest of the muscles and give the go ahead. Bea was ready.
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A nervous energy, an anticipation coiled within the Haunt as she arrives at the meeting point. Bea was already there, or at least Alice assumed it was Bea by the way the Wraith gave the lesser beast a dismissive flick of the tail.

"Everyone's been notified." a quiet murmur, barely parting her lips to speak. "If they don't hurry up I might want to start with out them." Alice had been waiting far to long to get any traction on this, and with it so close, she was feeling impatient and maybe a little reckless.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale wasn't far behind, though a few extra seconds were spent making sure her guns were loaded and the spare clips were secured.

She walks up to Alice and Bea, her Beast raising in anger at the presence of Bea's weaker Beast. Saliva dripped from it's fangs as it imagined ripping her head from her body. It's steel chain was yanked as it was shoved back in the corner, no time for that shit tonight.

The Savage was in all black once again. Leather pants, steel toed knee high boots and a black tank top under her leather coat. Long hair was braided and out of the way. Her guns could be seen under her coat, in a holster. In her back pocket were some brass knuckles and a bowie knife was tucked into her right boot.

"Evening."
    she greets.

Equipment: 2 .357's with a spare clip for each, brass knuckles, steel toed boots, bowie knife and cell phone on silent.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Hugh Everwood

PRE

"Evening, didn't mean to keep no one waiting." Jesse drawled as he joined the other kindred present, his Beast reacting to the presence of two Beasts appropriately that he had to halt momentarily in his track, rolling his shoulder because — no, we ain't running from Alessandra nor trying to start something with Bea — before he stood with them all proper.

Fashionable as being late was, he didn't mean to do it on purpose, very much interested in helping the Seneschal with her investigation and hearing just what information Bea's contacts had dug up.

Still had to go and make them himself, but it was going well enough.

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Unlike Ale, Bea's weapons weren't easily seen. It was a point of pride for the young Daeva. Perhaps that sort of thinking was more typical for a Shadow, but unlike them, Bea relied on skill, not the magic of her blood.

Besides, it was still a point of pride. Bea had flare, it was just subtler than most.

"So," she said once the others started to arrive, "how do we want to handle the approach? There's going to be a lot points of entrance and egress. Too many to cover unless we left people to set up a loose perimeter. Otherwise, I know we'll want to check the basement. I think they're keeping food there. Also, they might have dug some sort of tunnel, or small cave. Either that, or they have a gangrel that likes to play in the mud."

Derp derp, forgot to list extra equipment (and standard is in minisheet). If it's not too late, Bea will have two spare .40 clips in a leather belt carrier, and an extra Makarov clip in the inside breast pocket of her suit jacket.

9. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

(ToS:Knife)Vitae 0 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

I made an equipment derp too. Wow. I'm gonna blame the flu :P If it's okay for me to do a quick equipment thang...which would only be her trusty knife, because I also plan forgot the buy anything before jumping into Plot. Le Sigh

The Wraith coiled tighter as Ale drew closer. Its frigid coils, icing up the length of her spine. Knowing that their was a larger and probably armed predator coming closer had Alice self-consciously check her own knife, hidden in the waistband of her jeans. It was still there, but the memory of the last time she needed her knife resting at the small of her back, had her drawing the shadows around it.

"Hey Ale." Alice says, willing the Wraith to loosen it's hold and forcing it back behind cold iron bars.

"No, no waiting. I'm just...impatient." They were so close, and Alice didn't trust herself not to do something stupid.

Refocusing her attention on Bea, "I can't see whichever entrances or exits they have. And I have no experience planning this sort of thing. I'm here, because this is important to me, and because this needs happen. Do any of you have any recommendations? Bea? Didn't you say you have some experience with this?"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-10 23:20:41 Alice Hart rolls 7 to ToS Knife (Wits3-Lar2+Obfus2) (10 Again) 2, 2, 8, 8, 3, 6, 5 2 successes
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, "Well, we kinda like the earth and mud." there was a smirk as well.

She quickly gives a basic overview on what she was able to gather for info from her sources.

Turning to Bea, "I think the basement is a good goal." would be the best bet to find Kindred. Or, well, where Kindred were.

"As far as which way to get in, not sure. Depends on how paranoid they are. But given how long they might have been here, they may have gotten quite comfortable and lax in security. Stories of ghosts and all that bullshit usually keep people away." letting security lax, it could happen. "I would prefer to keep us together, but if we had to split up, in at least groups of two. When we do find them, they're not gonna be happy. Giving Beas and my own ability to fight, we'd be the best to lead separate parties. Sorry Jesse, I haven't worked with you before and I don't know what skills you have." it wasn't personal, it just was. "But yeah, I'd really like us to go in all together, but I'm open to suggestions."
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

13. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Honestly, I don't think we have many options," Bea replied, speaking in Alice's direction and hoping the blind Kindred would take note. "Ale's right, it's going to be incredibly dangerous if we split up. We have less people compared to the Brood, and they have a distinct terrain advantage on top of that, so this is going to be nasty either way, but not as nasty if we're together. Our best move probably is to consolidate our strength and push hard whenever we do make contact. So, that in mind, I'd recommend that we check the digging site first. If we're lucky then they'll have dug into the basement itself. If not, then we'll probably want to go in the front door. It's what most kine would do, I think. We could try and pretend to act like ghost hunters or some shit. Hopefully trick the Brood into thinking they'd just gotten a free food delivery."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread