Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sailing into the New Year

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

New Years Eve comes but once a year, and to celebrate such a momentous occasion the Capitol Hornblower is determined to give a spectacular view of the fireworks ringing in the New Year, right on the river as the yacht lazily makes it's way from 2016 to 2017.

With a capacity of one hundred and twenty, and a glass of champagne (for the New Years Toast) included with the price of admission, who among Sacramento's denizens will be seen traversing the pathways to the sleek teak wood bar, through the stylish interior and just who will brave the chilled air to be seen under the softly glowing string lights encircling the yacht's majestic lines.

Wherever the guests feet take them, they hear soft notes of tasteful, but nearly indistinct music playing in the background.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

2. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(Mana for day duration Shielding)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Campanella, Alchemist on the Path of Doom, Provost and Mystogogue, sat placidly at the back of the vessel. He was contended; his mind eased by the gentle rock of the boat and the watery sounds made by its passage down the Sacramento River. The bank was aglow with lights, illuminating the old city with its promise of yesteryear; beyond the glass towers of modernity shimmered in the night.

He was actually glad his Sight had collapsed into nothing. The Supernal was great, it was true. But there were times such as this, at the turning of the year, when Campanella simply wished to see the world with his own, mortal eyes, and enjoy it as a simple man and not one of the Awakened.

For the moment he was alone with his thoughts, the lights and the water. A beautiful, precious, moment. Soon enough the party would begin and the quiet would be lost amid the festive tumult.

He raised his glass, enjoying the pleasant burn of the expensive whisky and closed his eyes.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-12-29 02:00:10 Campanella to cast Dark Matter rolls 3 to GNO + Matter -1 Tolerance (10 Again) 7, 3, 4 failure
    2016-12-29 01:58:56 Campanella to cast Shielding rote rolls 9 to Intelligence + Occult + speciality + Order Rote spec + Matter (10 Again) 10, 4, 8, 7, 5, 7, 10, 7, 6, 8, 1 4 successes
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi Ankaa, Queen of Fear, Wisp of Autumn wasn't wearing a corset.

Instead, she was wearing a knee length layered tulle dress in black, with hints of white and grey underneath in the light layers of tulle. As much as the Wisp enjoyed taking her new dress out for the evening, she was enjoying the feel of her brand-new heels more then she aught.

They weren't her go to in buckles and garish colors. They were a kitten heel's older sister, in a soft gradient of black to grey. Perfect for her dress.

Maybe in 2017 she'll be able to afford the Dior boots she'd been salivating over.

Leaning against the railing, with half lidded eyes, Mhairi gazes around herself. A small smiles graces her face as she does. It was beautiful. The soft lights, the gentle sway of the boat. There was a not-so-small stupid romantic part of her that wished she had someone to share this sight with.

Trying to shake that thought away, Mhairi brings her glass of red to her lips and takes a sip.
    Last edited by West; Dec 29th, 2016 at 03:41 PM.

6. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

(-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and to drink)Vitae 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She almost never went out on New Year’s, too many drunk Kine around. And she hate drinking from someone who was drunk, she despised the feeling of not being in control.

But tonight? She just felt like going out and doing something different. Digging through her closet she pulled out a dress she hadn’t worn in a while. A very short fitted white dress. It had no sleeves but had this cool looking spike detail on the shoulders. She went with a deep red lip, added a smoky eye and left her long dark hair down. Black heels and her leather coat completed her look. But to her, the best part was that pretty much all her tattoos were on display. Well, the ones she could show and not get arrested for.

Even though she had her license to carry her guns, she left them locked in the Torino, most people were still uneasy when you walked in carrying two .357’s. Though she did push blood through her dead body, willing her heart to beat once again and her skin to flush with a healthy glow. She was still pale, but at least she looked alive now, which was kinda important.

She grabbed a beer from the bar, and proceeded to make her way around the deck. Placing the drink down, she took the leather coat off and decided to watch the crowd. How Kine interacted with each other on New Years was always entertaining to the Savage.

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and to drink a beer
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

8. Likes West, liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Every great trick starts with a great story.

People don't want to see an egg disappear. They want to know how the House of Romanov commissioned gypsy thieves to... Right. See how that works? Who wouldn't want to know the rest of that story. While a crystal egg disappeared. Just like antique collectors and their provenance or music fans and the last studio recording of Ian Curtis.

This is a story about denim.

Steel blue, off the rack faded and worn jeans with sun-bleached upper thighs and worn rivets on the seat pockets. They cover the tops of faded and cracked boots that are old enough to be weathered supple and lead up to a white Oxford that a t-shirt peaks up at the neck from. A denim gen-you-wine Levi Strauss jacket tops it off, and one shoulder bears the patches of rodeo competitions in a place called Bandera.

The only thing missing is a cowboy hat, but that'd be over the top. Plus? The mind's eye is practically seeing it already.

"Those are some mighty fine sleeves,"
    he drawled, tipping a bottle at Alessandra . "Ain't never seen ones that keep ya warm, too."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Orianna, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her attention shifts from watching the lights, to the guy in front of her. Dark eyes move up and down him. And did he just come from the 80’s? Was that look coming back? Silently she pleads that the look wasn’t coming back, she hated 80’s fashion.

Grazie.” Replies the Savage, tipping her own bottle in return. Everyone always notices the full sleeves first, never the leg ink. Which was sad, it had more detail, but whatever. “Have any ink yourself?” but she figured the answer was no. He didn’t strike her as the tattoo type, seemed to straight laced. But, she’d been wrong before.

Smirking, “Ah, well, that’s what the beer is for. I always find myself feeling too warm after a few.” It didn’t feel that cold to her, she’d been in colder weather. “Not to mention the weather is so much warmer here, had to take advantage.” That sounded good, well, at least to her.

“Appears you’ve dressed for a colder evening.”

12. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Eventually, Campanella moves. He had been sitting down for some time and for most of it he had had the deck to himself. He rose smartly and ambled aimlessly through the crowd; here and there he spotted acquaintances but tonight was not for business so a simple nod sufficed. Faces in the crowd. Lives he touched upon. He wore silence like armour.

Till he saw another like him.

She was leaning against the railing, wine glass in hand. Staring, as he had done, at the lights emanating from the shore. He moved quietly into a position close enough for conversation but nothing more; joined her at the rail watching the illuminated heart of the city slowly slip by.

"Its a pleasant view, is it not?" He ventured after a slightly too long pause. He risked a glance at her face.
    Mhairi Ankaa Saber Sloth
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

There's a hum, voices mixing, melding with the indistinct music playing from...somewhere, easily ignorable as Mhairi basks in the atmosphere, occasionally sipping her wine.

That is, until a voice addresses her directly, drawing Mhairi away from her quiet contemplation, "It really is," she answers before she turns her gaze away from it and toward the man, who'd risked a glance at her.

Pulling away from the railing, though not leaving it entirely, "I'm Mhairi."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"De nada."

Yep, that wasn't 'Gracias', but it's all about the details.

"None I'm particular proud of,"
    he grinned. Funny thing? Jack's probably gotten more tats than chick-a-dee here. Difference was? He didn't keep them. "If you want some free advice, never pass out with 'friends'."

The grin widened, and he took a pull off the long neck.

"Fair bit warmer back east, in the South," he continued. "Anything lower than, say, seventy, and I find it cause for concern. Some people have their own temper-ture gauges, seems like. I heard stories about Russians and Alaskans walking around the snow in shorts, but I run the other way. Ninety, hunnert, one-oh-five, one-ten, thermometer could burst and it doesn't bother me a bit. Now, on the other hand, you set a pitcher of iced tea next to me, and I'm subject to catch a chill."

The bottle dipped to point at her left hand. Nope, Jack hasn't looked at the legs. Jack's got enough weird Stuff going on Where He Lives to be looking at any legs in a dress that short. Besides, yo. Manners.

"I like that one. Is there a good story behind it?"

Because Eye.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, Orianna, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, turns out she was wrong. Boy scout had tattoos, good for him.

The Savage chuckles, “I’ll keep that in mind. But you might want to pass out around better friends.” Truth was? Her ‘friends’ weren’t stupid enough to try something like that. Well, not if they wanted to live to fight another night. And she could very easily get rid of any unwanted ink, but she never felt the need.

She smirks, she could walk around buck ass naked in a blizzard and not feel a thing. Russians and Alaskans have nothing on this girl. Though she did suppose she wouldn’t be playing fair, being dead and all, kinda tipped the scales in her favor.

He liked to talk, and was good at it. “Ah, well I’m used to seeing snow this time of year. Though it has been a few years. Now as far as heat? I don’t do so well, I hate to sweat and my hair does this really ugly frizz thing.” There was a shake of her head as she takes a drink of her beer. “I tend to lock myself away during the days when it’s hot and muggy.” And sleep…like the dead. Ha!

She looks to her left hand to see which tattoo he was asking about. Cause there was a lot of tattoos.

Oh, the eye one.

Another swig was taking of her beer before she answers, it wasn’t one that was usually asked about.

“Well, I like to think they all have a good story behind them. But I got this one as a symbol of protection. In my line of work protecting myself and those under me is very important, an extra eye always watching. Ancient tribes used to paint eyes on their forehead or shoulders to let their prey know they couldn’t escape.” She chuckled, “So there isn’t like some amazing story, I just liked what it symbolized, plus it fit my hand. I think every tattoo should have some personal significance to you.”

The Italian shrugs.

“So if you have none you are proud of, do none have a fun story attached to them?” fair was fair.

19. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread