Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
Not quite an interview...

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Miach

PRE

Once he had relayed Faust's number to the Apostate, Miach took another long sip of his Guinness, hoping to look more relaxed than he felt. The next item on the agenda had become very personal too, and he wanted it done right. "You remember..." he started slowly

"Months ago, I received you at my place to share with you what I could about GLO. You said you would be our hub of communication, so I was wondering what you could provide us with. As you know, Steel Phoenix rose from the ashes of Fateful Watch, and we are currently trying to investigate the Banisher U, but any new development might help, of course..." and he spread his arms wide, the meaning clear. I'm all ears too.

E
    Ermac

For the first time in the conversation, Ermac frowned and shook his head. "I have nothing to report in on." A simple shrug followed. "More specifically, I haven't been informed by anyone about the big league issues we face. I wish I could offer something in return."

Miach

PRE

Upon hearing from Ermac he had nothing to share, the Acanthus frowned in kind, and his brain raced. There were several possibilities. Either he really had received no news, and it was a sad state of affair. Or he had had, and didn't feel like sharing, which was a sad state too.

"I see..." was all he said noncommitally, and shrugged in answer to the Mighty's own. "Too bad."

With nothing left on the agenda for now, and even if the man was the Councilor for the Obrimos, Miach didn't feel like broaching politics just yet. Let the man talk about it first if that was what he wanted.

"Well, a toast to this Consilium's health !" he said at last, raising his glass.

E
    Ermac

Ermac could feel Miach's disappointment. Not that there was much he could do about it.

Following the Enchanter's lead, "To the Consilium's health," he raised his glass as well. "and to a better tomorrow."

He sipped more of his beer. Allowing a moment of silence to contemplate. "When we are successful in these matters, I do wonder, what may our future portent."

Miach

PRE

Miach's glass of Guinness was getting dangerously empty, and the Enchanter was torn between a refill, or not taking anything else. In the end, common sense prevailed, and he hailed a waiter for another glass.

Before he was served though, he started pondering the Mighty's daydreaming. "I could give it a look, of course. But it can be so fickle, so susceptible to details..." that it would be pointless, he meant with a shrug.

"With luck, we'll all move on together as one ever after, to live merrily until we reach the Realms Supernal..." Luck, toil, and probably a great many other circumstances.

"Or more likely we'll still struggle against infighting till our last dying breath..."

E
    Ermac

Ermac nodded, "That wouldn't surprise me..." He downed the rest of his beer, requesting another one immediately after. "If we put all that energy into pushing toward prosperity, we'd have our own little slice of Atlantis."

He sipped from his new pint, "I look forward to that day...It'll mean so much to be part of that."

Miach

PRE

"Then we're still in for a lot of toil to make it happen. But it's fine, I don't think the supply of ale is going anywhere either..." Miach replied casually, as he watched the waiter arrive with fresh full glasses.

Good to wrap or you wanted to add anything ?

E
    Ermac

"Amen to that," he replied with a laugh and sipping again. "Good stuff."

Good to wrap too.

Miach

PRE

Drinks piled up, and more laughs and stories were exchanged, until the time when both Awakened had to go to sleep, at last.

End Scene. Thank you !

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread