Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth was still not satisfied with the state of the Necropolis. It at least slightly presentable now. Well, there were places to sit now anyway, even if it was just a rough cement bench. Though debris of construction still sprawled around. There was still more work to do. That, unfortunately, was going to have to wait. His plans, as much as a mess as they were, were going to be put on hold.

He wasn't sure how he felt about the trip back to Boston. It was dangerous in and of itself. The fallout from leaving might be more widespread than he'd like. Among not only the Clan but the domain at large. Would the Prince even be around when he got back. If he got back.

Kenneth hated to contribute to the instability of Sacramento but there were dangers here that demanded he face the long road to the east coast. All he could really do was hope to mitigate the damage.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

The door to the sewer opens and Garrick steps into the necropolis. Securing the door closed behind him he removes his sunglasses and blinks as he looks around. Good to be somewhere safe. Giving the door one last look over Garrick walks into the necropolis towards the main room. Gun and knife hang at his hips but his hands don't hang near them.

"Evening Priscus" Garrick bows his head as Priscus Gilroy comes into sight. Hands still as Garrick pushes back against the monster inside. No its not the time for that. Maybe later in the sewers.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Time passes and Garrick waits for some of it. Then he begins to pace, walking the edges of the main room looking down half finish and half dug out tunnels and branches into the Necropolis. This place will be good. Just have to make sure that the entries are solid. Blank white eyes shift to regard Priscus Gilroy Parable in the near empty room..

"Want me to step out and send some texts?"

4. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth waited fervent eyes following the cataracted monster pacing. The urge to kill paced along with Garrick. A strange sensation of wanting to coil up muscles and strike from hiding. Unfortunately Kenneth wasn't in this case. He was sitting alone with a man whose main passion had been professed as gun-toting. So he ignored the instinct as best he could. He still kept staring intently on the other predator.

"No, that won't be necessary," Kenneth said a little frustrated. This wasn't ideal, why could nothing go as planned "If they are late, then they will have to be caught up later. And if no one else decided to attend then they don't deserve a voice." Not that Gilroy had really allowed a lot of opinion to be voiced last time. At least he didn't seem to have brought notebooks with him this time.

"It is my unfortunate responsibility to inform you that I will be having to leave the Domain for a couple months to visit my Grandsire in Boston. While I intend this visit to only last through the fall, I wanted to ensure a smooth transition of power in my absence." And should the sun catch him on the drive, or his Sire in the city, he wanted the family left in good hands. Although there didn't seem to be multiple choice on that front.

"That leaves needing to choose a Priscus, deciding what to do with the part of the necropolis I've been maintaining, and making sure is as up to date on what I know about the domain." A misstep like he had made at the meeting with the Senescahl might not go so well a second time around.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

The pacing stops as Priscus Gilroy speaks. A frown grows as Gilroy stats his intent to leave Sacramento. "I hope your trip is safe Priscus. That is a long distance to travel." A horrifying distance actually.

Garrick nods and the frown fades away. "I can watch over the Necropolis while you are away. Letting it go would be a waste and I can work on it as well."

C
    CoolTrash

Sonia quietly stepped over a couple pipes that strewn about the floor. She wondered if she should bother being quiet about her approach-she'd been invited, after all. But boundaries could be weird among the Nosferatu. Half of them hated to be approached. The other half wanted to approach you, and wanted to get very, very close when they did. In any case, it was almost half past 9; she'd woken low on Vitae and didn't like to attend anything not well-fed, especially not something at a literal construction site. The embrace had done little for her physique.

She turned a corner and looked into the room. Only two men occupied it; one was cleanly dressed and ephemerally disgusting. The other was a bit hairy and had eyes like cheap white marbles. As far as she knew, either could be the Priscus. She gave a quick bow to both of them as she made herself visible-no need to not be cautious.
    “Apologies for my lateness, if this actually is the meeting. I am Sonia Rosenberg, former whip of the Seattle Nosferatu. I’ve only been in town about four weeks, and I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of meeting either of you yet. Maybe for the best, since I think I just heard one of you saying you have to leave...?

She approached them slowly as she spoke, and held out her hand at the end. Her fingers unfurled from her jacket sleeve, each at least an inch longer than seemed humanly plausibly and somehow ephemerally sharp, as if she held five pink slender knives. Her handshakes were both a gesture of greetings and a frightening demonstration of her curse. She prided herself on that. Quintessentially Nosferatu.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth nodded appreciatively at Garrick's offer to watch over the Necropolis. It could be just words but hopefully not. He had spent a

"I look forward to seeing any improvements you are able to make in the mean time," he said with a cringing nod of what could be seen as deference "However, I will be walling off the chapel before I leave. With no other Lancea members in the family, I doubt it would see much use and it could make the Necropolis a target for holy contention." More likely a new Crone could burn it down but there was also the possibility his own covenant could try to seize the temple if they thought it would fall out of their hands.

Gilroy's head jerked at the sound of a late arrival. The spindly woman didn't give off a sense of predatory dread and Kenneth's eyes occasionally twitched back to the rival Beast standing near him.

"You're late Ms. Rosenberg," he said in a chide that sounded like a whine "but I am glad you were able to make it." He took the hand that might as well have been made of sharpened bone and shook it politely. His own hand cool and dry, like the flesh of toothed maggots.

"I am Priscus Kenneth Gilroy, and this," he indicated the threat "Is Mr. Garrick Marlon. He will be taking my place because you heard correctly; I will be leaving at the end of September to spend the fall in Boston." He caught eyes briefly with the Marlon. If Garrick could manage could manage to maintain the stare there was a slight questioning to it. Gilroy knew that personally having at least an illusion of choice would have been nice to have. Not that any actual choice was there. Without Martel, there was no one else with any sort of domain recognition.

The disgusting wretch turned back to the unhealthily skinny woman.

"I wasn't been able to the last court. Have you been acknowledged?" he asked. She had clearly found mention of his meeting but had she read the laws. A month was a long time to not have a hunting ground.
    Mask of Tranquility

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Garrick shifts to fully face Ms. Rosenberg after her appearing act. Stillness slides across the white eyed Nosferatu as he prepares to put the monster back down but instead if only bays from hunger. Motion returns as Garrick nods to his clanmate before looking at Priscus Gilroy.

Taking his place?

Ooooooo shit

"I will do my best Priscus." Though spoken calmly the task clearly sounds daunting. "People would attack just because of a shrine?" Garrick shakes his head.

C
    CoolTrash

Sonia was half convinced she had cut his fingers, the way they seemed to squish and shrink in her grip, like wet raw meat. She pulled her hand back slightly impressed, and creased her brow at his question. "I was not, nor have I yet been able to meet with the Prince." She raised her hands up at this. She knew this wasn't going to be an easy conversation, but it was better to haggle over a bad fish then try to pass it off as fresh. Lying was never smart opening move. "I've met virtually no other local Kindred during my time here-largely because I've hardly been in the city. Mostly kept to the outskirts of the Domain-even drifted to a couple of other places around. San Fran's got good prey, but it's boring and I'm sick of the smell of salt air. Oakland's a fantastic shithole, but not my kind of shithole. Really, this state is so dense with population centers I hardly understand why any kindred even bo-" She stopped herself. "I'm getting ahead of myself."

She had her reasons for not immediately settling. She had to keep moving, circling around, retracing her own steps. Walk along a trail, than walk along it again the next day, and see if you're not the only scent clinging to it, so she could know she wasn't being followed. She wasn't, far as she could tell. But Priscus or future Priscus they might be, these two were strangers, and they didn't need to know any of that. "I've met a few kine, but I've established neither Haven nor Herd . I've done almost no business in this domain and upset no one. And now I've presented myself to you, and if you wish you can send me straight to prince...Clarke, I think it is? If that is your wish, of course."

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A low chuckle rolls from Garrick as Ms. Rosenberg details her travels.

"I need to travel sometime. I've only ever heard of those places." The white eyed man shakes his head and kills the chuckle.

"Sorry, I grew up in a town north east of here and never traveled. The more kindred I meet the more I learn."

"I will need to make myself known to the Prince as the new Nosferatu Priscus. I have not crossed his path during my time at Court so far. I should be able to get hold of the Seneschal however. She may be able to help?" Garrick looks past Ms. Rosenberg. "There are rules within Prince Clarke's Domain."

What did Miss Ducard do exactly? Questions? "What brings you to Prince Clarke's Domain Ms. Rosenberg?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread