Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Sergei and Angel in a Parking Lot

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    B
    BDeHaven

Once his arm was free his hand rose up to adjust a tie that didn't need adjusting. Then a tug to straighten the jacket they same tug one gives to keep their uniform straight.

"As fate has it Mr. Baker called me a few nights ago wondering if I could assist him and Mr.Wooding in something. I told him that i would be available when needed. Now I have something to broach with you. Your were mentioned indirectly at the Invictus meeting the other day." Sergei pauses to figure out the next few words as well as to see if there's a reaction.

A
    Angel Ducard

I clap my hands together and give them a little bravo shake, "See, Inroads already. I am very proud, pursue those avenues and you will rise dramatically in the ranks of the domain." I pause for a moment look directly into his eyes, "I see it..."

When he mentions the Invictus my left eyebrow shoots up, "Oh? Really? That is odd. I don't think I have done anything to aggravate your group. Care to elaborate?" I place special emphasis on not saying the name of the First Estate. Just because we are speaking Russian does not mean someone is not at all listening.

B
    BDeHaven

Sergei winces when he realizes he's done it again. Another stupid slip of the tongue, you become so use to using these words they become second nature to you and your forget how dangerous it can be to speak them. "My apologies Ms. Ducard. I will do better."

Taking a noticeable breath and letting out a sigh. "Mr. Clarke was talking about not having anyone in a certain position. Or even you in your position in our organization to help get me acclimated. The important part though is when he said your position he had a smile on his face. Though hard to read I would hazard that he was thinking about you and that he wants you in the group."

A
    Angel Ducard

"Perfectly Okay Mr. Lukyanenko." I smile to him. My smile quickly evolves into stun as he brings up the First Estate and what was said.

"Well, color me shocked." And I am, it is rare that I am not hiding my emotions, and this is one of those cases where the emotion is honest and genuine. The Invictus wanting me, or even showing any interest in me? That was not at all in the cards. Well, I will need to adapt.

"Is this an invitation? Or just something to think about?" I ask with a honest eyebrow raised.

B
    BDeHaven

He nods solemnly still dismayed at his mistake. An eye brow arches in reaction to Angel's surprise. "The invitation is always open as far as I am concerned. I am merely informing you on what I thought his expression said and what he did not speak. Though I honestly think you should consider it. Perhaps ask around and see if I am correct in my assessment of what the prince meant.''

A
    Angel Ducard

Looking to Sergei I don't know what to say. "I wish I could say that this changed things, but I am afraid it doesn't. There is one other thing that we must discuss." I pause for a few moments, "Mr. Lukyanenko. I have been summoned away. My Father has passed on. I need to return home to tend to his affairs. As you know family is paramount to me. You will take my place as the leader of our family here. Please represent us well at the meeting with the leaders of the other families."

B
    BDeHaven

Sergei stands there silent the expression on his face reads that he is clearly taken aback. "You have my deepest sympathy.'' Bowing to her he gives her a sad smile. "We would have done well together. I am sorry to see you go, know though that it was very much a pleasure getting to know you Angel Ducard.

A
    Angel Ducard

I return his bow with a practiced curtsy and smile to him a soft smile, "Thank you Sergei Lukyanenko. I wish you only the best in your future. Be well." And with that, I slide into the drives seat of my car, and drive off into the night...

Angel Exits the Scene, and Sacramento. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.