Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Show Must Go On

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Wall of sound or no, Avis heard the pounding of Asp's fist against the portal to her domain. Because yes, it was her domain. Fuck yes. A place to call her own, without threat of eviction! The emotional sea that was Avis was currently cresting a high wave when the Obrimos' call rang through the theater so she contentedly ran over to turn her music off and then see what her cabalmate wanted. Yes, Neurosis did wonders for the mind.

About ten seconds after Asp's call went off, the sound abruptly cut off and Avis appeared in the crack in the doorway, clad in second hand clothes as per the usual.

"Hey, roomie, what's up?"
    she asked, opening the door the rest of the way. "Sorry. Roomies," she corrected raising a hand in greeting to Cut.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes West liked this post

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"... are you serious?" Mandy stared at Cut for a minute or two. A Mage? Afraid of heights? ... The knowledge she had of Space made that concept entirely unfathomable to her, leaving her to stare rather blankly at Asp and Avis, as the other appeared.

"... so... how many of you are afraid of heights?" She didn't want to climb the ladder, but... geez. "There are still floor lights you could work at, Cut. And the ones in the chandeliers in the concession room are low enough that you don't need a ladder or anything..." She scratched her head a little, still not sure what to make of it.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Uhhhhhh."

Dang, Mandy. Get personal, why don't you?

"Oh. Yeah. Those? Yeah. I'm fine with."
    Nod. Nod.

Everything would be OK when he could fly.

"HEY!"

He waved at Avis, an exaggerated gesture as he latched onto a distraction.

"Oh. So. Hey."
    He turned back to Mandy. "When you bounce, like, you're totally gonna let us buy you out, right? Of this place? Or hang onto it? Not just... give it to some whoever. Right?"

He liked this crew. Liked this set up. Not sure how he'd feel about someone else. Lucky resonance? All the luck so far already, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp smiled at Avis, giving her a wave as she came out. "Morning," she said brightly as she dismissed the Influence Sound. She winced a bit at Mandy's questioning of Cut, but didn't answer further. His reply was equally...

...well, it would suck if Sourpuss left. She was a capital-B Bitch, but she was their Bitch.

She moved on.

"Uhh, so, yeah, Avis, we were talking about figuring out who's going to represent us to the Consilium, and discuss declaring this place. Plus..." She paused. "We might want to figure out who the Banner Warden is going to be."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I'm not really a fan of heights, but I'll change the light-bulbs if you want. I don't mind," Avis offered with a shrug, peering around Asp to the other two magi. Avis was lying, actually. She did mind. She'd just get over it. That was the whole point. Growth through conflict. Evolving past the fear. Using it to become invulnerable to it's clutches. Or something like that.

She turned back to Asp and gave the other Talon a questioning look. "Banner Warden? What do you mean?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Her expression wasn't particularly impressed as she simply shook her head and waved the others off. "I'll change the lights, but I'm expecting you guys to pull your weight in the cleaning department, then," she sighed heavily, before looking briefly to Cut, and then to the others.

Her hand ran into her hair again before she folded her arms and looked off. "I've made an investment, in this place and in you three. I'm not going anywhere. If I did I'm worried you'd get lost in a wet paper bag, and then what? I can't have that on my conscience," she added. There was a slightly teasing tone to her voice, but... well, if anyone was looking well enough, it was the hint of red to her cheeks that was really the surprise.

... damnit. They were like branches she never wanted, just... growing on her.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh. My. Go-"

Drop the 'd' for emphasis.

He grinned and Mandy and jumped in for a quick hug before she could unfold her arms and push him off. A quick hug.

"Awwww. Look. She's a real girl."

Or Tin Man? Yeah, that might be better, but saying that out loud was just asking to be called the Scarecrow, right? Wow. Living in a theater was going to make everything a movie reference, wasn't it?

"Thanks. For reals. I'll avoid wet paper bags, you know, so's not to inconvenience your conscience. C'mon. Let's go see what this Banner Warden thing's all about?"

Heck. He just wanted someone to go tell Principal Ari they'd staked a claim. Because theater. Hallow theater.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp blinked. Maybe Avis wasn't all that formally trained? "The Banner Warden is the Adamantine Arrow whose duty it is to hold and defend a Cabals arms... And, of course, acts as the champion for the group in the case of challenges against us, be that a duel arcane or a physical challenge."

She smiled at Mandy. "You totally like us..." Singsong.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Ooooh. Right. The champion. Gotcha," Avis said, nodding. "The Banner Warden."

She lapsed into silence, looking introspective. A tingle in her throat and the sudden collection of saliva on the back of her tongue encouraged a swallow, but she ignored the urge. It would be a sign of weakness. Avis might need to brush up on her terminology, but she understood what would come next. A champion had to be chosen, and even though she knew that Asp was the ideal choice, the challenge had to be given. It was Avis' duty as a Talon to ensure that her cabal had the best defender, and that could only be proven through conflict. She didn't relish another fight with the snake, however. She still had a wound sealing closed from the last sparring match.

But, in the words of Scott Kelly, which had just been blasting through her room and her skull, don't crawl, seek his burn of war. Don't cower, embrace the coming pain.

"Ok," she said finally, staring the other Talon directly in the eyes. "I challenge you, Asp, to a Duel Arcane."

12. Likes Snarlequin liked this post

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

Between the sudden hug - which she tried to shove off as fast as she could, staring at Cut as she did - and Asp's statement... and then this Duel Arcane challenge...

"... we're just a faux-cabal, right?" she felt the need to ask of the group, feeling rather awkward about the situation. "I mean, do we really need to fight this stuff out? We just say, hey, this is who this is. This is who that is," Mandy shook her head as she looked between the pair, "This is the Sigil Holder, this is the Banner Warden, this is the janitor. Who is even going to care that much?"

14. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread