Ended
Watch

Meeting of the Guild of Combat Arts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

Center stage at Ballo Della Notte is a lush oak table. The table is large, heavy and round. Around the table is 6 chairs, each a matching chair for the table. Once for each of the invited members. On the floor behind Conner was a large matted area that, if called upon, could be used for martial demonstration.

Conner walked the proscenium edge rotating his left wrist, then his right wrist. Cheyenne stood on the floor next to the steps holding 5 sashes in her hand. Each the proper, and traditional, color of those invited. Two Red and Gold, Three Purple and Gold. Conner’s own was worn around his waist in indigo and silver.

Also hanging from Conner’s waste was a rapier in a black scabbard and a dagger to match.

Conner looked to the doors and waited for the invited to arrive.

Conner Greyson

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Reeve does not have to wait long before he is joined by one of his Deputies. Ricardo is in his fake suit. It was hard to tell if he was going to sit down, or engage in a fight. He did look a lot more handsome than before. As far as Conner can tell, the makeover he requested worked. "Good evening Meister Greyson. I hope this evening finds you well." The Mexican Lord says with a smile to his patron. After observing how the Meister wore his sash, the new member put on his sash in the same way.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess entered the main portion of the theatre of the Priscus of Succubae with her token smile as always. She wore one of her black skirt suits, but still maintained a change of attire in the car in case there would be more involvement as the meeting progressed. Her necklace complimented the neckline and her hand flashed a ring worn always. Not far behind was Felix who would wait patiently along with Cheyenne. Ariana gave Conner’s ghoul a thankful smile as she took the purple and gold sash from her and slipped it over pageant style.

Ariana thought how wise it was for a round table. It was reminiscent of Arthurian legends where all were on equal ground. “Good evening Meister Greyson, Reeve of Sacramento and Soldier Rodriguez, Deputy of Sacramento. I hope you are both well this evening.” Her smile very genuine to the two gentleman as she moved toward a chair at the table. There was an approving gaze to Ricardo, his new look suit him very well. At least tonight they were at the theatre for good reasons, unlike what could have happened not long ago.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Properly on time and with an excited smile on her face, Alice arrives at Ballo Della Notte. A moment she had wondered if she should dress in a special way, they might do some 'combat arts' already. But then again, she has learned to move easy in a skirt wearing heels. In her hand she holds a black leather clutch, perhaps a bit larger than the average handbag but at least it isn't too obvious the Harpy carries two guns with her.

Alice greets Cheyenne with a nod when she takes a red and gold sash, and she can't help to think about Miss California elections for a moment. After laying the sash over her shoulder she walks further inside. 'Meister Greyson, Reeve of Sacramento.' She bows her head to the one who invited her. Then she smiles to the other two arrivals. 'Speaker Donovan, Seneschal of the Domain and Soldier Rodriguez, a good evening all.'

Alice
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa arrived next, dressed in a neat black suit with thin pinstripes and other accents stitched in his Clan's color. A dress shirt matched the stitching, with a black tie and white silk rose in his lapel completed what was becoming his standard evening wear, and he paused at the ghoul holding the sashes.

Interesting.

Was the membership demographic a reflection of the most senior members?

Asa gave a small smile and and slight shake of his head, eschewing the additional decoration. There were several reasons, but the most prominent was that assumed his invitation was to observe; if the sash were part of a Guild uniform, he wouldn't want to give the wrong impression. A glance at Ariana's ghoul made him curious if they were simply there as assistants or as... tranfusions.

Time would tell, and he moved past them and into the theater.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner waited, seeing each person enter he gives them a bow as per their station. Conner sees his Majesty arrived without the Judex, his Archon. “She must have chosen not to attend...” When Asa declines the sash Conner is unsure as to the meaning. Perhaps he has come to represent the Inner Circle, but not actually be a member of the guild.

“Your Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento, Prince of the Domain of Sacramento."

"Madam Speaker Donovan, Seneschal of the Domain of Sacramento."

“Madam Libertiste Brown, Invictus Interpreter, Harpy of the Domain of Sacramento.”

"Soldier Rodriguez, Deputy Reeve of the Domain of Sacramento."

“Thank you for coming to this first Meeting of Guild of Combat Arts.” Conner gestures for the group to sit. “Tonight we will discuss the tenants of this guild. What it means to be a member in good standing. And what our duties will be to the First Estate and the Domain. Both of which we are most loyal.”

Conner paused letting his words hang out for the group to hear. “Now, let us move on. Introductions are unnecessary as we know each other. What I ask is for a brief overview of your combat skills, including a specialization in a chosen field of combat.”

Conner looks to Ricardo, "Soldier Rodriguez, would you care to start?"

@Ricardo R Reyes @Ebon Reaper

E
    Ebon Reaper

As everyone enters, Ricardo bows to them as appropriate, and greets them formally, but not quite as eleborately as Conner does:

“Good evening, Your Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento."

"Good evening, Madam Speaker Donovan, Seneschal of Sacramento."

“Good evening, Madam Libertiste Brown, Harpy of Sacramento.”

When Conner talks of introductions, Ricardo looks to the others. The Mexican Lord was not going to start. He was obviously the most junior member here. For one thing, he didn't expect the Prince or Seeschal to be in attendance. Remembering Alice's shooting skills he did expect her to attend. Still, he was baffled by the lack of other Kindred relatively new to the Domain or Invictus. For now, he was going to stay quiet. Then Conner called him out.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the First Estate, the reason I was Embraced was because I jumped my Sire. Even in life, I had been quite a brawler, specializing in brutal untrained combat. Some might call me a Hooligan. For weapons, I favor blades that act as an extension of my own hands." Once he finished his explanation, the Mexican Lord waited. Although he didn't show it, he felt that the others here would surely outclass him.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Good evening, Your Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento and Madam Libertiste Brown, Invictus Interpreter, Harpy of Sacramento." Ariana smiled with her greetings to the last who entered and bowed with a curtsey to Asa before taking her seat. She was glad to see them both in attendance.

The Lordess’ prowess of skills were in slightly different areas. However, she was here to learn with her fellow Invictus members and to continue to grow their covenant remaining the Unconquered. Ariana spoke with a smile and pleasant voice addressing the table as her eyes peered around it. “My invitation comes as I am a novice in a few areas and I would like to improve these skills. Thus I would enjoy being the First Apprentice to the Guild of Combat Arts.”

Her hand gestured open palm up above the table. “What I do have to offer is my assistance with the development of tenants of the guild." Ariana sat back to her normal poised position and waited for the others to make their additions.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Asa arrives Alice follows everyone in saying: "Your Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento, Prince of the Domain.' and then waits for the last arrival. There is still a sash left, gold and red, three times guessing for who it is meant to be.

When it appears that everyone planned to come has arrived and the meeting starts, Alice listens with full attention. It is funny to see how Ricardo's story is the exact opposite of her own. The Harpy has never been a fighter, but after her Embrace she learned to use guns. One must survive the violence of the eternal night after all. When Ariana is finished, Alice starts speaking. 'Although I possess several skills that make it possible to avoid combat, when it comes to a fight I unfortunately solely rely on my guns. Now I happen to be quite a specialized shooter, but improving other ways of combat arts will be of great value.'
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner just nodded his head at each person as they told there abilities. "Very good, Thank you all."

"As for myself, I am mostly a fighter with blades. I have also actively been working to better well round myself, learning unarmed combat skills."
    Conner paused for a moment. "As Soldier Rodriguez can attest." Conner gives a polite nod to his sparing partner.

"Now, moving on to the next subject, the Tenants of the Guild." Conner paused, "I would like to open this to the table, but If I may make two recommendations, One, We take the responsibility of the protection of the First Estate. Two, We take the responsibility of training those within the first estate who wish to improve there survivability."

Conner held out his hands palms up, a gesture that opened the conversation to the table.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.