Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(WI) Paying Respects

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch returned the smile, trying not to let her disappointment show. "Right. 6."

She made herself not track the hand, not fixate on the hand on gunin pocket. Instead, she was quiet a moment, as though considering how to answer the woman. Or wanting her to think that she was considering. Because of course in reality, she was coming up with something.

"The gaming community has a fairly strong presence. Word gets around." She kept her eyes on the woman's face, looking for how she took the answer.

Maybe it wasn't work that was distracting her in the office. Maybe it was a certain video game.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"M-Hm."

Incredulous eyebrows continue rising over the brim of her glasses. The words that followed didn't quite register to her at first. The Moros only spoke a few syllables and words, so to hear the high speech spoken as if this woman was still speaking English was rather odd. She isn't able to decipher meaning or tone though, and the rather expectant look she was getting very much said this woman was waiting for an answer.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch blinked back at the woman.

"The game...?" She prompted. Maybe she had been off base after all. Maybe this lady really was just a funeral home fake-employee.

She decided a last gamble before giving up on the thread.

"Whispered Invocation? Or did you not know that he was involved with games? I'm sorry if I made the wrong assumption."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Witch's blinks were met with blinks of this woman's own. Her eyes flick slowly about, watching and assessing.... something about Witch. The Moros for her part knows what's happening as the stranger proceeds to scrutinize something about her, though what information she seeks to gain is unknown to her.

"Yeah..."
    The woman's eyes narrowed, fresh suspicion evident as they do. "I know. The issue is how do you know? About it or him?"

5 suxx scrutiny over 4 turns (12ish seconds)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2023-01-24 21:27:47 [04] NPC rolls 7 to Something (10 Again) 4, 4, 1, 7, 8, 4, 4 1 success
    2023-01-24 21:27:47 [03] NPC rolls 7 to Something (10 Again) 9, 1, 7, 5, 8, 8, 2 3 successes
    2023-01-24 21:27:47 [02] NPC rolls 7 to Something (10 Again) 7, 6, 7, 3, 2, 3, 7 failure
    2023-01-24 21:27:47 [01] NPC rolls 7 to Something (10 Again) 5, 7, 1, 8, 5, 1, 5 1 success

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Something was wrong.

Or maybe off was the better word.

This was not how a mundane funeral home worker should be acting.

She wasn't the best with the whole social rules game thing but even she caught on eventually.

For half a second she debated.

Knowledge vs protection.

In the end her nature won out, her fingers twitching.

"Do you even work here?" she shot back.

2 successes

6. Likes Xander liked this post

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hell no I don't work at some retro ass death church!"

Eyebrows were now up in horror and she was halfway between a scowl and a look of pure indignation. She began to slowly walk over as her hands come out of her pockets. Thanks to Witch's act of will, she can see in this woman's right hand what looks like a plastic whistle wreathed in a grey glyph. The glyph is stationary, frozen around the whistle. As far as Wicth can tell right now it's the only spell this woman has active at the moment.

"All the employees are asleep in the chapel with the body and if I blow this whistle my cabal of minutemen and arrows will shank your ass." She shakes the whistle in the air to draw Witch's attention. "So you better tell me who you are and how you know about the games before I lose more of my patience."

1 suxx subterfuge
    Date Action Roll Result
    2023-01-26 20:09:36 Stranger rolls 2 to bluff? (Manip+subterfuge) (10 Again) 9, 4 1 success

Witch can roll Wits+Empathy or Wits+Subterfuge to tell she's being lied to. On 1 success she gets the impression this woman doesn't have a whistle that summons arrows, but she's pretty sure the staff of the funeral home are asleep in the chapel.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch and Not-Apollo were doing a recreation of that old cartoon skit. The one with the missing mirror where one of the characters echoes the first in order to convince the first that they are looking in a mirror.

Not-Apollo's eyebrows raise and so do Witch's. Though the emotion behind them was different.

Cabal of minutemen and arrows coming to shank her ass?

While the grey of the glyph did indicate space and thus in theory could do a whole teleport thing... something told her it wouldn't. Maybe it was the words, maybe it was the blabbering of words that shouldn't be blabbered by even the newest mage, but she knew.

Not-Apollo was lying.

2 successes

She let out a snort as she straightened and dropped her own act. "What are you? Some kind of fan girl of the game? A Beta-tester or whatever who got her hands on a Kickstarter trinket? Is that what you are doing in there? Getting your fix of play time?"

"I think it's you who needs to start talking."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm not that things victim."

Hands fly up as she wiggles the whistle with her hand.

"Just watched you cast a spell, know about pentacle stuff, and I have a whistle that summons my stuff. So obviously a leprechaun."

The sarcasm was thick enough it's a shock it didn't trigger Witch's unseen senses. Hands fall back to Not-Apollo's side and she does her best to smile.

"Maybe try a do over? I'm here to stop the thing. You can call me Cookie."

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

What you are is a blabbering idiot whose mentor should be strung up by their delicate parts. Assuming you even have such.

Was what Witch wanted to snap back, anger starting to color her thoughts. But she bit her tongue and counted to 10 quickly in her head.

”Same. I imagine staff won’t stay asleep long? So yeah- let’s do over, skip the formalities and jump to fixing this problem. Nice to meet you Cookie, I’m Witch. What have you got so far?”

She still wanted to get to the body, but if not-ApolloCookie had more info, it would only be beneficial to know before.

And then they could discuss flapping tongues and threats of magic.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Literally all day." The whistle is slid back into her pocket as Cookie walks past Witch to relock the deadbolt on the door she came in through. "I knocked them out with a Life spell and that was the last unlocked door in the place."

She smiles at Witch as she slowly makes her way back towards the door she came back into the hallway from.

"Liam and I both lived in the LA concilium. He was Mysterium and I rolled with the Free Council. We butted heads from time to time but we both had interests in technology and imbued items. One day we found a summoning grimoire during one of our concilium's conflicts with the seers and started researching it. We were looking for ways to beef up the security on our electronic libraries so Liam proposed binding an angel into one of our computers instead of summoning it physically into the world. He had an idea on how to alter the summoning magic into something like a fetish and wanted to try it out so I volunteered with a few others to assist in the ritual."

With a sigh she arrives in the doorway, extending a hand into the chapel area for Witch to proceed. Red carpet was lined with wooden pews, and the room was brightly lit thanks to the glass windows. At the front of the room was a closed casket. Once If Witch should enter the chapel, she would see a total of four people sleeping under a green glyph.

"One of the secondary casters didn't contain the paradox and a havoc seeped in to taint our spell. Something from below was brought up and bound into the computer instead of the angel and none of us noticed initially. Liam took point on researching it, and that's when the emails first started circulating in LA. Shard Productions, but a different game about a month ago. We think it merged with the data on Liam's computer? He called it a form of 'abyssal gematria' in his notes. Something in the code that can be downloaded from any computer."

She continues to the front of the chapel and opens the casket. A well preserved, or at least well preserved from this angle, corpse was inside. With recognized it from her research as Liam.

"Somehow it managed to summon something through the game it put together. It also formed a cult of sleepers that managed to get the computer from us. I think they think it's either some AI or a host server someone else is messaging them to get. Definitely brain washed though. The game does something to the player but we didn't have enough time to figure out what after the summoning took place. Most of us stayed in LA on damage control while Liam tracked the thing. When the second round of emails went out he got one and sent it to me. When I got here to help though..."

She looks over to the casket, then back to Witch with a rather somber look on her face and shrugged.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread