Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The Arrow doesn't reply, but the smile spreads a little.

After blocking the first few blows, the training kicks in and the Arrow begins to bob and weave as naturally as breathing. Catching herself, she slows and stops, allowing some of the blows to land and be blocked again.

"I would say you need to focus on your target instead of theory," the Arrow quips gently but firmly as the blows lessen in quality.

1 success

When the wide blow is blocked, jarring Belle's arm, Phoenyx lashes out with a quick strike plants a soft, open-handed tap on Belle's cheek.

"You're down." Her arms are already back in a block. "Focus on me, on this room. Everything else is a distraction from the now. You need to be in the present, in the fight." There's a flick of a smile. "You're always thinking, Belle, but that is not an advantage here. Put your curiosity to one side, concentrate on your immediate surroundings. And if you can hit me, I'll let you ask your theory session." Dark eyes crinkle with a smile, proud and challenging.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

"OW!"

She's not sure what hurts more...okay, maybe she is. Phoenyx is definitely bolding back on her end with that blow, but Belle feels a sting to her ego that she allowed herself to get distracted from the task at hand. Which naturally leads to her being more distracted...

failure

Belle swallows down the impulse to leave herself completely defenseless and tries changing tactics. She shifts her stance and jabs in attempted feints, but she keeps resorting to using her feet to try and land blows while her hands act as distractions. In her head, that seems like a good idea. But clearly the Obrimos was used to fighting people with better ideas. Belle seethes. "Distraction, huh? Well maybe you're a distraction...those pretty, distracting dark eyes with their..." Belle realizes too late that her inner monologue just became external. "Fuck." ​At this point, she almost wishes Phoenyx would knock her out.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx rolls her eyes. "Come on Belle. That wasn't even hard. A real fight would be much worse. I want you to be ready for that." It wasn't necessarily good teaching, but it was definately something the Arrow would say.

"You're adapting, but you keep using your feet to attack. Keep your guard up."
    The pointers come as Belle's attacks still seem less focused.

However, then there comes a suckerpunch of a different kind. "Errr...." Her sparring stance falters and her face flushes pink. "What?" The Arrow's expression has her eyes wide - looking like one of pure bluescreen crashing.

6. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

In that moment of hesitation, there's a part of Belle that just wants to get in a cheap shot. To take back her ego from those stings and distractions and half-measures and prove that she's capable of standing with the best...
    3 successes

But that part of the Warlock is smaller now than it was before: a mere afterthought of Hubris. Belle relaxes from her fighting stance staring into Phoenyx's confused face. "I'm so sorry, I...fuck! I'm not trying to make you freeze up or anything. Please don't think that." Her hands reach out but pause mid-impulse as if for fear of trigger an automatic response from the battle-hardened Arrow. "I...I think you're great, Phoenyx! You've been welcoming, and wonderful, and watching you stand for your principles is...and God, you do have beautiful eyes." ​She's pulsing with adrenaline as she grounds herself as if consciously anchoring for fear of floating away. "You do. And I...I..." She blushes. "I think I like you." And now the blue screen of death appears on the Warlock's face. "Oh fuckinggodofchristintheabyss!!!" The bold Warlock facepalms. ​"You must think I'm an absolute psycho."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Pretty eyes? Is she joking? Am I distracting? What did that mean?

The Arrow's thoughts were going so fast it was impossible for her to process much else. Her eyes are locked on Belle's face.

She blinks. "Um.... what? Beautiful... What do you mean?" The Arrow was flushing a deeper and deeper pink. That squirming feeling in her stomach was back in full force, worse than ever before. "You like me? I... thought friends were... supposed to like each other?"

Phoenyx turns away and figits uncertainly. "No? I.... just want you to know what you meant." She squirms again.

I know what she means. Like with Tyche. I never figured out what to do about that, either. It's just so... exposing.

9. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Okay...she's not running away or hitting me. So that's a good sign. ​Belle takes her head out of her hands just in time to comprehend Phoenyx's response, and apparently fight or flight hasn't kicked in for the deadly Arrow yet.

"Wow...um..."
    ​Is Phoenix literally asking for a definition of 'what is beauty'? Belle has a mind for abstracts, but she still has to pause and collect her jumbled thoughts. She doesn't want to sound condescending. Not here. "When I say 'beautiful' I mean, 'has beauty'..." ​That's a sucky definition! "I mean, 'worthy of attention'; like I could look at them for hours and not get tired of it. Like their presence makes my day lighter and brighter. Like seeing them in anxious moments makes me feel safe and...makes me want to help them feel safe...I mean you safe. Not your eyes." She smiles awkwardly and shrugs. "Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you never been told that before?"

"I mean, yeah. Absolutely! That's what friends do."
    She's halfway between pulling hair and gasping with relief. "But there's 'like' as in 'I will go out of my way to drink a coffee I like because it makes me feel good' and 'like' as in 'I want to devote special attention to you beyond friendship'." She actually does pull at her hair a bit here. "Agh! Then her eyes light up like she's just had an epiphany. "Oh! You know how you said you and Kaze used to cuddle? That! I like you in that way. The cuddles and special days and..." Belle doesn't so much walk towards Phoenyx as drift, like an errant comet. She stretches out a hand tentatively as if to communicate she's unarmed and not a threat. "If this is too much, just say the word and I'll back off. But if not...just know that I'll probably kiss you."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

The look of confusion grows as the Mastigos tries to describe beauty. She kinda wants to laugh. "That's not what I meant. I know what beauty is." She shrugs awkwardly. "Well... Kaze did. But we were sleeping together."

The Obrimos keeps watching Belle as she comes closer. "Um... you will?" she swallows nervously, reaching out to take the hand. Her fingers are trembling and she is still very, very pink.

Still, she doesn't stop Belle.

12. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle squeezes the hand that's offered her, her resolute expression melting into care as her fingers squeeze around the warriors' grip. "Yeah, I will. You've been so good to me, Phoenyx. I'd never dream of pushing you or forcing anything on you, that's just be disrespectful of..." And then the lightbulb goes off. "...Oh? Oh! You mean I'll..."

Belle has enough time to get in a breath before she takes her free hand and pulls Phoenyx in and presses their lips together. And even then she can't resist a giggle that rumbles against Phoenyx as they meet. Relief and excitement buzz through the Warlock as she finally gives in and just lets the contact happen. It's got all the bumbling, crazy energy of a kid hearing from her first crush. She pulls back, hands still holding on to Phoenyx. "Yeah. I would. And I'll gladly do it again until you tell me to stop." ​She's feeling absolutely giddy now, planting the silliest of button kisses on the Arrow's nose, just to prove her point.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

The fingers Belle grips continue to tremble slightly as the Arrow allows herself to be pulled in. Her whole body is shaking as she shares in the kiss, her free hand hanging loosely by her side.

On the inside though, the butterflies feel like they're taking flight.

As Belle pulls away, Phoenyx is still blushing like a setting sun. Then she smiles nervously, the grip on Belle's hand tightening slightly.

"Wow."

We're past the month, so I'm going to close this now. I honestly had no idea how this was going to pan out so thanks for playing along!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread