1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(WI) Paying Respects

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Gormley and Sons was easy enough to get to. It was near downtown as well and getting there from the library was easy enough on public transit from the library if the mages lacked vehicles of their own.

The building had a sign out front and plenty of parking. Either they didn't see much business or the mages had arrived before the next viewing was scheduled. More likely the latter.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Oh snap- looks empty," Witch chimed as they arrived at the location. Did even she hear the pleased thread in her voice? Yes. Did she care? Nope. It was a good thing after all.

"I doubt the leave the place totally empty. I am sure either Gormley, one of his sons, or another employee is still about. But I imagine they won't pester us too much. Giving us space to mourn and all that jazz," she continued as she ran fingers through her hair to straighten it. Most folks tried to look presentable when going to give respects after all.

Which thinking of ... glancing down at herself, she frowned and quickly shed the middle flannel of her outfit. The dress was still a bit light for mourning but she thought it would suffice. Black jacket, boots, fishnets ... ok. The fishnets were also a stretch but they were black.

"Ready?" she asked looking to Apollo , giving him a chance for any last-minute coordination he may have wanted to do.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ready" Apollo replied "I dare say the bulk of the heavy lifting on this one will be you. Death is not really my thing." he smiled apologetically. "But if there is a cute undertaker that needs distracting I am your guy."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"One hundred percent deal." Witch replied easily as she took the first step toward the building. "Though even if they aren't cute, I may request the distraction" she added with a grin. Getting to the door she tugged at the handle.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Witch tugged at the handle she found the doorway unlocked. Should she open it she would find a hallway lit by chandeliers. Off white painted walls and wood furniture sat on a deep red carpet. To the left of the doorway they came in was a blank ledger, to the right a small table with a lamp and a stack of business cards. Four closed glassdoors were spaced out down the halls before a half staircase leads down to another exit.

If someone was around, they were not at the front door or even expecting someone.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo followed Witch allowing her to go first while he brought up the rear. Stepping inside after her he paused for a second, seemed strange no one was around. However if it was outside of visiting hours maybe they were all busy. He looked at Witch and gave her a nod and moved to the ledger, taking a look at the details that were recorded. What he had hoped to see was names and who they had come to visit pay their respects to. Although, in his mind that was a long shot. It was a funeral home not some charming bed and breakfast in the country.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch didn't dawdle when she realized no one was in the entry way. She hadn't heard the jingle of bells when they opened the door, but that stood to reason. The cheerful chime of a bell going everytime someone entered probably wasn't exactly funeral home and visitation appropriate. That being said, there could very well be an electronic one that lead to a back office. Just in case two mages decided to wander in outside of visiting hours to try and talk to a dead person.

Moving to the first glass door on the right, she leaned in, peering through the glass to try and see what lay beyond.

"Anything?" she asked quietly of Apollo after giving him a moment to scan the entries.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo exits the scene.

To the right of the entrance Witch looked upon what seemed to be a small meeting area. Outside the main chapel it had folding chairs and tables setup, though lights were dimmed and judging by the empty space on the tables it seemed that whatever purpose the room was for was not yet setup.

Apollo didn't stick around to hear Witch's question, though from the second entrance on the left A woman with glasses opened the door and peaked out at Witch.

"Viewing isn't until six o'clock. Or should I drag out an actual employee?"

She turns her head back into the room and bites at her lower lip. After she looks for a few seconds her brow furrows and she returns her attention to Witch.

"I don't think we've met. Did you know Liam?"

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

That was not Apollo. Pulling her face away from the glass of the doors she turned with what she hoped was a reassuring smile to Not-Apollo. Maybe Apollo was already moving to interfere with Not-Apollo?

Nope.

Apollo was gone. All that was left was Not-Apollo. A curse word bloomed in her brain, but she didn't say it out loud. Instead, she said other words.

"Oh no. I was specifically trying not to create trouble, no need to drag someone out."

Shaking her head in the negative, "No we haven't." She let her face fall, "I did... but not in person. We knew each other through the internet. I was in town to meet him finally face to face when I heard ... I was hoping to get a chance to say farewell early. I won't be able to stay in town until 6..." She scanned the woman's face, looking to see if she would be able to get any sympathy and achieve her goal.

failure

She wasn't overly optimistic. That's why she had jumped on Apollo's offer. But then again ... Not-Apollo looked distracted and very much like she would rather be doing whatever was in her office.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Viewing is at six." The lady continues to smile, though a firmness seeps into her tone that made it clear Witch wasn't going to get in to see the body.

As the young Moros continues though, Not-Apollo inclines her head and peaks over her glasses at Witch. The smile fades from her expression, and Witch can tell she said something that this woman finds curious. Or concerning.

"So where did you meet online?"

Hands move under her jacket and rest with her fingers in her pants pocket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread