Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(2210) Speakers' thread

Oct 1, 2022 : (2210) Consilium
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn sighs in disappointment when the others again seem to prefer inaction but at least Phoenyx backs his suggestion for protection from the twilight and the shadow. Belle 's response to Puck 's accusation is fine by itself, but Corn wants to correct a different misunderstanding. With a nod to the mastigos councilor, he addresses Puck again.
    "Councilor, the previous concilium did not vote to prohibit Councilor Belle from ever speaking to apostate mages. What we did decide was that in the theoretical chance that there was a need for such communication, someone would be found to fill that role. Lo and behold, such need for someone to deal with entities and cabals outside the Sacramento consilium was found. And since the Mastigos councilor, as she deftly demonstrated in her reply to your ... insinuations ... is well known among those that know her for her pleasant manner and personality but can also talk straight when needed the councilors on hand decided to ask her to be the contact point. It was you, I think that said if there was need we would find someone. I don't think you have grounds to complain that we followed your suggestions. "

Then Corn turns to the rest of the councilors and gathered.
    "I have a complaint to make. This consilium is doing very little as a whole. We act as individual mages or orders and gather once per month for an hour and every three months to decide against doing anything - and accuse those of us that try to do something. For my two years here, the only thing the Consilium has passed was punishment in a couple of occasions. Nothing else. No grand plan. Not even a barbeque that has been suggested and never materialized. We are blessed with a time of peace and while individual orders are - I hope - pursuing their agenda, the consilium as a whole acts as if we're alone in the world without a care.

Some Councilors said there has never been an attack on the Circle. Dadouchos Campanella suggested otherwise. Furthermore, that there has not been a successful attack in the near past doesn't mean it won't be one in the future.
    I admit that when Phoenyx and Councilor Aurora are not wrong; indeed the only hard proof we have about the existence of Scelesti is the word of a cabal that doesn't belong to the consilium. But an entire cabal was in Sacramento for a year, pursuing their leads and agenda, and none of us was aware. What makes you all so sure that there's not a Pylon of Seers somewhere in the shadows? Or a different cabal, a nefarious one? We are meeting apostates everywhere we look. Magus Crypto the information broker with little regard to secrecy I have met with Aurora and Belle was operating openly in Sacramento and we didn't know.

Don't you think, don't you all think, that in light of our failures to find mages that are not even hiding we should shed our complacency? Most of the council doesn't like my suggestions and that's fine. However, I don't hear counter suggestions. All I get is 'sit back and all will be fine'.
    In my opinion some work to touch up the defenses of the circle is too little, too complacent. But at least it is something. Councilor Phoenyx training us individually is also something.

I am thankful to councilor Phoenyx because she is always willing to help us train and backs a suggestion for further protections against spirit and ghost intrusions. With Councilor Belle also supporting the idea for shoring up defenses, what remains is for the decision to be acted upon. Follow through has been an issue in the past. We are very slow to act for a consilium of our size.
    "

Was Crystal 's decision to practically sit down and surrender to sloth and ennui instead of move a big reason for his outbreak? Well... yes.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo had promised himself that he would stay quiet this meeting. He would simply observe, listen and learn. He looked around and did a quick headcount. 5 councillors and 3 not councillors. He could have swore there were more people in the city before... Moira, Winter, that Arrow Guy and Nox. They had all ditched without a word. Maybe they had seen it before he had.

"Councillors" he paused and looked at each of them in turn "I am just going to skip the fact that Councillor Belle and Councillor Corn seem to believe that 2 out of 5 councillors make a majority." he paused and took a deep meditating breath. Truth be told he was trying to calm his emotions.

"Councillor Corn has raised a point about inaction. However, I believe that the issues in this Consilium are a lot more than Inaction. So I have a question." Another pause along with another deep breath. "Does anybody have a map?" It was a rhetorical question "Do any of you happen to know how the hell to do this?"

"The problems in this Consilium come down to three core problems. A lack of wisdom, incompetence and lack of humanity." he let that settle for a few moments. "A fish rots from the head down. The consilium now has more councillors than it has non council members... I can count 4 people leaving since I have been around. Every council meeting is to be quite frank a shit show."

"We have an order of mages who do whatever they hell they want to do and go around the council whenever they deem appropriate. Weather that is their intention or not... its either disrespect or a complete disregard for the city."

"We have a Councillor who broke Secrecy, our most important law. Failed to report that she had done that, then did her punishment which was something she does anyhow... so it was not really a punishment. She then states she does not believe she was wrong which was disrespectful. Let me make this abundantly clear to all of you. The Lex Magica applies to the council... perhaps MORE than the rest of us. Lead by example and if you fuck up, admit that you fucked up. I would have more respect for you if you did that. You lose that respect when you try to sweep it under the rug or do the rules not apply to the 5 of you?"

"We then have a house divided, which can not stand by the way. A council that actively dislikes another member and fails to show Empathy and see exactly why Councillor Puck does what he does. You think he has a problem with you. I think he has a problem with Incompetence, Disrespect and a Lack of Wisdom."

"So here it is, the kicker. I know that we are not a democracy we are an oligarchy. But as a member of this Consilium I am saying that we expect the 5 of you to do better. I do not know about the other 2 non council members and I don't pretend to speak for them."

"This is your come to Jesus moment. Are you going to continue on as you have been, banging your heads against your own respective brick walls or are you going to do something to fix the massive cracks this city has. Because if you don't. This Consilium WILL fail. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but at some point the cracks will be too great and it will all just fall apart. In order to make these changes... it starts with all of you."

"You may agree, you may disagree, you may decide to kick me out of the city. Whatever you do its up to you now."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

3. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Did she hate that she agreed with what Puck said? Yes. But they seemed to share the same thoughts on the whole random ass Cabal. So she simply nods as he spoke. Corns problem was he looked at things with rose colored glasses going a thousand miles per hour. Not stopping to truly look.

“As to Belle?” a shake of her head, “I only found out she was Councilor here and now. But I’m not sure if we have enough to say she was acting within a position she doesn’t hold. She could very well have come across them and wanted them to be aware of the Circle and where it was, like many of us have done in the city. Assuming the worst of her and that she went against what was already decided sounds like a stretch to me. Should there be evidence she went to them and told them she was a Herald, then we have a problem.” Eyes looking to Belle.

And then comes Phoenyx with the logic. How logic was going to be taken remained to be seen. Some saw it…others fought it.

Corn…Corn…“Now what makes me a bit uneasy is when you mentioned negations Councilor Corn. What were these negations, because you are also not a Herald, and cannot speak for this Concilium.” Which he seemed to already get. “But what, exactly, did you want us to do? There is no grand plan, we keep the secrecy of what we are and we protect the Circle when needed. We’re not about to have sleepovers every weekend and share our deepest hopes and dreams. It’s not who we are. Maybe in the Conciliums you’ve been in that was a thing, but it isn’t here.” Cause ya, count her out.

“If you are referring to the Time War, I was here, I fought and bled to defend the Circle and those that resided within. It wasn’t a direct attack on the Circle per say, which is why I didn’t count it as one.” It was more an attack on the Awakened themselves. At least, that’s how she saw it.

“And I’m sure there are other Cabals we don’t know about. I don’t know about the rest of the Circle, but I’m not about to go out every day and night and scour the city for rogue Cabals and Awakened. They know where we are, and when we do come across them, all we can do is guide them in the right direction.” There would always be rogue mages. “The main issue is we are a Concilium operating without the guidance of structure. Without structure, shit falls apart, and well, welcome to that.” But that had been decided a while ago.

Seemed everyone wanted a say, “I think it’s fair to call these meetings a shit show. But I see it as being people wanting to a beat a dead horse on issues that have been resolved and continue with a holier than thou attitude.” No names said.

“You make it sound like there is some nefarious reason why people come and go from Sacramento. Well, there isn’t. That has always been the nature of this city…others come and then they go.”

Then a sigh, “See, this is the whole beating a dead horse thing. Councilor Phoenyx has served her punishment and I see no reason, or benefit, to keep bringing it up over and over again. Because that is what leads to the meetings becoming a shit show.” Oh, now we’re defending Puck. She wasn’t surprised, not in the slightest. “Empathy and understanding are a two-way street. “And I hate to break it to you, but this Consilium has been divided for a while.” And she didn’t see it improving.

“I want to know what is suggested. Because using our small numbers to go out and scan the city every day seems like a stretch at best. We cannot force other Awakened to join us, and so long as they are not causing issues and inviting the Abyss into play, is there really an issue? Because we have no right to drive others from the city for simply existing."

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's not a suggestion, it's a fact of your poor behavior."

The look on Puck's face was one of bored contempt.

"The sitting councilors recognize new mages to the city. It's why we hand out our contact info and new arrivals know to ask for us. Four of the five Councilors of the time voted against your appointment, and when the one councilor who voted for it suggested you do it anyway you said yes. You traded your contact info and told them you were the point of contact instead of the respective councilors. Now that you're a councilor though? You can get over yourself and your threats of reprisal. I will conduct myself as I see fit, and as Moira and Popsicle approved."

Just because this guy is a path of one doesn't mean he doesn't mind the input of those who walked with him in the past. Every Time mage knew the difference between now and then was only one's understanding, and now and later was patience.

"Noted." It was Puck's one word response to Corn. Also? Not interested in validating That Guy with further commentary. Apollo though? That was kind of surprising, but kind of not. The guy was loyal to a fault, and Puck got drunk and tried to sleep with him so...

"As for the shit show? Yeah, it is." He nods to Apollo before turning his attention to Aurora. "But you're wrong about beating a dead horse. Phoenyx broke the first Precept of the Lex Magica and openly said she'd do it again. Corn argued technicalities for the whole concilium to get her off without a punishment. Corn also suggested Belle for Herald and after we voted no suggested she do it anyway. Belle accepted and did so. So we now have a Council of five where two have argued against the most basic law of our society, and three went behind the council's back to work around it's judgment. You're saying we need structure? When we've failed to enforce the laws and judgments already in place?"

Were the dots connecting?

"The thing I think you've been missing since Anima's trial is that we have a structure people don't respect that's openly condemned by those charged with enforcing it. I was vilified for invoking Emeritus against Anima, then for charging Phoenyx. Meanwhile Phoenyx, a sitting Councilor, openly stated she'd break our laws again and everyone just pats her on the back for being this awesome responsible person. Now you're suddenly saying we need structure to function? Like we haven't had it for years but chosen to to ignore it?"

Spoiler alert? This is why Puck is so bitchy. The line between compassion and cronyism is consistency. When the laws are subjective and nobody cares to enforce them against their buddies? Guess which side of the line you're on.

"And also? I'm not trying to single you out. The thing is, as I stated, three of the five sitting councilors have either broken the law, argued against it's enforcement, or gone behind the council's back. You and I are the only ones who haven't done so and I'm saying this to you because I believe you are the only one here speaking and acting in good faith. I wanted to warn the Concilium before stand alone actions became patterns, but no one cares to hear that their buddy might not be the paragon of competence they've been misinterpreted as. So there's nothing stopping the same mistakes from being repeated by the people who adamantly refused wrongdoing, even after judgment and the completion of their sentence."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

And so....

Belle's desire to do things were now locked against Puck. Corn was trying to make grand plans out of quicksand. Apollo was blaming her for being the reason faith in the Council went downhill.

People were exhausting.

"Councillor Corn, the role of the Concillum is to to be a point of contact. If the people do not want to work together, they will not - I do not see how, or why, it should try to force group actions when we, collectively, are not looking to work closely together. Nor is such a thing necessary." Better perhaps, but not required. Phoenyx nodded in agreement with Auorr'a response. "There may be cabals hidden - we are not denying that. If you want to spend time searching for these things you can, but I think we should have a solid lead to follow rather than looking randomly and hoping to fall over a sign."

She focuses on Apollo - his accusations were infuriating, and her usually passive face is holding back a scowl. Puck's reassessment made certain things clear as she looked between the two of the Libertines. "It is not disrespectful to provide the truth. There is a misapprehension I will breach the Precept of Secrecy flippantly. My choice was to risk an innocent life or risk a breach of secrecy; In that circumstance I chose to protect life, I would do so again. I cast a vulgar spell and I paid my debt - a debt chosen by Councilor Puck - for being found guilty of the Breach." she glanced around. She would defend this position and she would not apologize for valuing life but she obeyed the ruling of the council. Apparently this meant nothing to some people. "The Lex is ancient law. It requires interpretation, weighing rules against what we consider ethical in the modern day. This means there will be disagreement and legal dispute but this is is not, by your words, "disrespect, incompetency or lack of Wisdom". I did what was I considered both right and necessary in a combat situation. I argued my case against the accusation - as is my legal right - was found guilty, then obeyed the judgement. I fail to see the lack of respect."

She looked back to Puck, her expression turning tired. "Following being found guilty, the Obrimos met as per Magus Winter's request and the Golden Key elected to keep me in the role - two votes for, one abstention, one non-attendant. You know this. If they had wanted another Councillor I would have stood aside willingly. You would have me risk killing people over Secrecy when protecting Concillium members and in dong so I now permanently act in poor faith." She looks around at all the mages. "I do not understand why some people think I have some grand goal of manipulation - I just aim to protect people and the Circle. I value innocent life more than secrecy. I do not understand why this merits continued accusation, unless people consider Secrecy worth sleeper lives." Her piece said, the Arrow shrugs, and moves away to her former leaning spot on the wall.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn sighed with sad agreement when Apollo gave a very low grade to the council.
    "I disagree with most of the particulars magus Apollo mentions but I agree on the underlying point that the council should do better. Considering what I have heard in this and previous meetings I think the issue is that the majority of the council and the consilium thinks along the lines of "if it works don't mess with it" while I and Magus Apollo think we should be doing something different. As I have done in the past, I will ask another meeting at a different to discuss politics and options on how to continue, how to improve. Apollo, even if it is just you and I in the meeting, I would be interested to hear more of your opinions and even constructive criticism and perhaps we will find common ground. Of course, everyone that wants to talk politics, change or even wants to tell me how unwise I am, is welcome to reach out to me in that meeting or another.
    I can create the Mona Lisa with a thought; my Ego can take some criticism.
    "

To Aurora he answered "Dadouche, when we first met Nursiae we took his dedicated tool. I have mentioned that in the past. There was a negotiation to return it. I don't know where we are on that, or if Councilor Belle returned the tool already. If it is up to the council to decide, I vote for... return the tool, keep the hair. We need a sympathetic connection just in case.

As for suggestions on how to scout the city... well, we could negotiate with a few spirits that have a more guarding nature, perhaps a dog spirit from a kennel or something and entice or pay them, to watch out the Shadow realm around the Circle for us. Or you could create a few spirits of that nature and send them out to watch but honestly, I don't think it would be that hard to find spirits that match our criteria that we have to turn to creating them.
    For defenses on the twilight... I will consult with my fellow moros and see if we can turn to some ghosts or create / find a magic item that would warn us of intrusions. Even Sleepers have access to such equipment now days. I found out, to my amazement, that the Kirilian cameras can actually capture ... something. With a computer software to do image analysis... " he shook his head. "Let's not waste the remaining time talking about options that may or may not be possible. Suffice to say, I have some ideas and I will discuss them with my fellow Moros and we will inform the council.
    "

To Puck he said calmly. "People that call the entire council "bitches" and walk out of a formal meeting giving the rest of the magi the middle finger have little ground to talk about Emeritus when people call them Plebeians. Just saying. It sounds hypocritical and you are holding others to standards you are not holding yourself to, councilor. You were the one doing the vilifying in all cases. We didn't vilify you, you vilified us. There's a difference.
    But honestly, I don't consider an insult after an emotionally charged meeting to be something we can't work over.
    Again, I implore you councilor: Work with us. If you disagree with us, which you seem to do, be more constructive in your criticism. Nobody is biting down on Apollo as he brings greviances even if we disagree with many of them. Your stance to not work with those that disagree with you is not helping. You may not like me or Councilor Phoenyx or Councilor Belle , but we are on the same council.
    "
    Then a look to Belle ... since she may not like Puck, but he was on the same council. "That extends to more than one of us."

And then Phoenyx said the exact opposite, that they shouldn't try to force working together, that it was doomed to fail.
    "If you refer to the Apostates, I agree councilor. If you refer to the consilium, I disagree. We must work together or we will fail. And it is actually the job of the council to work together and solve differences between magi and cabals. So, the divisions? They are our job to solve. And we are not doing a very good job on that."

"And a different announcement, in November I plan to have the Moros meeting we keep postponing Zeromancer and Witch . I have got a tentative "yes" from Nos too. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

9. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

To Puck, “How have we failed to enforce the laws and judgements? Pretty sure Phoenyx served her time as decided. Or is this because your continued attempt to crucifix her has failed to turn the Council against her? Do I need to bring a doll to the next meeting and ask you to point out where the big evil Arrow hurt you?” she was serious, she’d do it. “We do not have structure; we have a fucking three ring circus. That is what this is, a circus. If we had structure, someone would have declared a Duel on you and knocked you off your high horse.” Sounded like a good idea. But she didn't want to waste the mana on such a knat.

“Of course, there is nothing stopping people from screwing up. It’s what we, as humans do, we make mistakes. We admit them, we serve our time and we move on. Just because we refuse to jump on this make the Arrow feel useless and drive her out does not mean you are right. You are not better than her and you are not better then anyone else in here.”

She was fucking done.

11. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Amazingly, Belle finds herself still standing. She hasn't been set on fire. The ceiling hasn't collapsed. Words have been thrown around, and yes some of them hurt, but she's still here and nobody's officially declared war. Huh. I guess that's what it feels like to be in the hot seat. Quick flash and then life as usual.

But there's the elephant of her previous bid for Herald. "At the time, I acted as just a Mage, not a Counsilor or Herald. I offered my contact information as a show of good faith, and Counsilors Corn and Phoenyx were present. They didn't shoot down my actions and I took that as a show of trust." She looks over to Corn and Phoenyx with a smile of solidarity. She was glad to have them present when they faced the Sancta Trinitas. "Though if I acted out of line, I apologize. If I am to take on the role of Herald in this Consilium, it will be because everyone here trusts me enough to vote for me to take that role. Until then, I'm just here to support fellow Magi and Mastigoi." There. Piece was said on that.

Corn's reproach is a bit of a surprise. But she gives Corn a nod and a similar, though reserved, gesture to Puck.
    "Of course."
    She decides to hold her tongue on further discourse there. She can't deny that Corn has a nice idea with separating the harsher topics from official Consilium business. Especially after the verbal tactical strike that Aurora lays down. Well shit...how do I follow up on that?

The answer: not really.

"On the subject of Nursiae's tool, I agree. I've got the hair under wraps and I'll be returning the Tool first chance I get." Regrettably, they hadn't traded contact info. So she was wholly at the mercy of how soon the Sancta Trinitas decided to call her. "Until then, I'm no tech or machinery expert but I can certainly look at reinforcing any Space runes we have in place for the Circle, or just helping out with Arrow patrols as needed." There. Moving forward with action items.

Though Aurora has a fair point. The way things are now, this runaround is getting beyond annoying. But clearly now isn't the time or place for a committee on changing attitudes. ​Just deal with the given and let the naysayers yell themselves hoarse.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo sighed and looked at Aurora. "I get it. I honestly do. But there is a reason this keeps being brought up. Do I expect the good councillor to be punished a second time. No, No I do not. The issue at heart is that despite the punishment she fails to see why she was wrong."

"Secrecy is our most important law. She chose to save an innocent life, a non mage life. I value life too and I get why she made that call. I do not agree with it, but I get it. My question is... How many mage lives was that one life worth? 1? 10? 100?" he paused for a moment "Because lets face it, if secrecy is breached that is a possibility. What do we do when the villagers get their torches and pitchforks to burn the witches? Secrecy protects us all."

"It
    may just be my opinion Aurora, but saying I did it once and I will do it again does not put her in the good light that you perhaps see her. We are all guilty of wearing rose tinted glasses but here is the thing. This is a consilium, it is not sisters of the traveling pantyhose. It is also not the council of best friends. When you all stand up there, its business and friendships should not come into it. Otherwise we may as well elect Donald Trump as the only councillor we will ever need."

He looked at Phoenyx "I want to say it is nothing personal. Honestly it is not. I am challenging the council to hopefully... well after tonight I am wondering why I am bothering but that is besides the point. I like you as a person, I was hoping by this point we would have had a... I was wrong, sorry." He shrugged "But you can rest assured I won't bring it up again, unless history repeats itself." at this point it was like flogging a dead horse.

He looked between the 5 councillors "I spoke out because it is your chance to make a change for the better. But sadly that is not going to happen. So I will sit here, shut up and bring popcorn to the next meeting if I actually attend it that is."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

The Meeting eventually came to an end.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread