Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2209) Sanctuary

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn arrives dressed in dark, mute casual clothes. He has a large cup of coffee that he sips upon. As it is often the case nowdays... he's first. He is looking forward to see if any thyrsus would bring snacks. Apollo seems the kind to take notice.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Time seems to sleep by and attendance is at an all-time low. Corn checks he had the day right and yes he did. Apparently everyone was running late.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The doors to the room opened with a bang, Apollo entered wearing a pair of black jeans and a white shirt. He was carrying a tray of Krispy Kreme donuts as he walked towards Corn. "And here I was thinking I was running late." He opened the box and took out a Donut, offering one to Corn before placing them down. "So.. what's new?"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn gave Apollo a wave. "Greetings Apollo. Thanks for the donuts, man. The Thyrsus have always being here with gifts as long as I am in Sacramento. I was wondering whether we arranged something different for this month and I missed the memo. What's new... I can think of some news but I would wait for others to show up. Anything new, yourself? "

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Was she running late? Probably. Did she care? Not really. It wasn’t an official gathering, so technically, there was no time table.

Walking in, she was sipping from her usual can of energy drink, in no real rush.

Though she was surprised to only see Corn and Apollo. Maybe these meetings were becoming less and less popular.

A brief smile and wave, “Hey.”

10. Likes liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo waved at Aurora as she entered "Hey. I was just asking Corn what's new so will extend that question to you." he smiled at Corn "As for me, Not much. College starts this month so I have been getting ready. You know how it is, buying expensive books that are on the mandatory reading list. Other than that not much."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Tilting her head one way and then another she let out a small huff.

It was still a church.

She was sure she would get over it. Eventually. But it seemed like it wouldn't be today.

Heading in she spotted some of the same faces she had seen last month. They weren't familiar yet, but with recognition came confidence to approach. "Hey," the simple greeting offered, her shirt bright enough to compensate if needed.

Stats

Equipment

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn greets both Witch and Aurora . Then he turns to Apollo .
    "Just be careful in the university, Apollo. Personally, when I go there I don't have magic on as there are a lot of people there and if enemies of the consilium want to find mages, universities are a good place to start. However, I do think that the consilium should try to extend its influence and make connections in the universities. Not just to protect ourselves but also to protect the education of young people from those that would taint it. I am not talking about just the Seers here. " an unconscious glance went to Witch for a fraction of a second before his eyes went back to Apollo. "I am also talking about other supernatural entities or even mages that go too far above and beyond to cull knowledge of the Mysteries. " He didn't exactly say "Guardians of the Veil" but he heavily implied it.

"With the Silver Ladder absent, I have nobody to talk about cultivating influence in the Universities. Finding ways to guide humanity forward is their job, not the Mysterium's. But safeguarding knowledge falls under our purview and it is every mage's duty in my opinion to try to make the world a better place or at least keep an eye out for those that would make it a worse place. And as I said, Seers often operate in Universities to influence the future leaders of communities."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Afraid I have nothing new and exciting to share.” Things had been quiet, and that was usually a good thing. “Oh, now that is exciting! Good luck with that!” it was good to see others improving themselves. College had at one point been a goal, but one that was dismissed a while ago. “You looking forward to it?” small talk.

Now that was a bright shirt, taking in Witch as she entered. A free hand held up, “Hi, how’s it going?” the new face was still a mystery.

Then Corn, and his warnings about the universities. And someone tainting education or something.
    “If those are connections and influences you want, then work on em.” No one said he couldn’t. But that other comment, and glance didn’t sit right. It seemed…weird. “Do you have reason to believe there is a threat to the education system?” ever direct.

Shrugging, “I wouldn’t say it rest entirely on the Ladders. If it’s a cause you feel strongly about, then find a way to help guide those who need it. You don’t need to be a Ladder or have their permission, it’s a free world.” She used to be a Ladder, and not all of them guided others.

“So, anyone hear of anything exciting going on in the city for Halloween this year?”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread