Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(2208) Sanctuary) Moros Acknowledgements

Aug 1, 2022 : (2208) Sanctuary
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Continued from (2208) Sanctuary...

Corned moved to the side to speak with Nos and Witch about their acknowledgement, that would not take long.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch makes a gesture of lead-the-way and falls in behind Corn.

Coming to a stop in a spot where there is enough room for Nos , she shoves hands in her pockets and looks to Corn expectantly.

A'keira Lim
    Striking Looks (Almost Silver Screen)
    Nos

Nimbus:

The smell of gasoline and rubber fills the air. Metal and machinery rattle and feel strained and engines roar to life. Unoccupied vehicles might appear to have shadowy figures within them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nos takes the spot Witch left open for her and quips, "I don't need my picture taken before I officially join, do I? 'Cus I always look horrible in them."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"No pictures, don't worry. Here is where I check where you reside, what areas you claim, get your contact information, tell you a bit about Sacramento, answer your questions about the place ... " and probably check if you are Seers, Tremere, Scelesti etc. How do I do that?! "... and such. So, dear ladies, what brought you to the city? And who was your contact that told you where to find us? Are you part of an order and if yes, do you know who is the leader of your order? Do you need help setting up? "

After they answered the first barrage of questions, Corn took a few minutes to tell them about the Time Wars, the comings and goings in the city the past year, areas that have a shady reputation and answer any questions.

"There is also a place, that I have never been to, where we meet with other supernaturals. " He says to them making a tssk sound. "The place obviously has its own rules and etiquette and remember that by the Lex we cannot just go around and state what we can do. Personally, I avoid the place to be sure I don't break any rules. "

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch chuckles at the photo quip and the easy response of no.

But the humor is hard to hold onto with what is expected. Maybe Nos hadn't been too far off base with her initial question.

"Well, the first one is easy," she says, pushing the chuckle into a smile. "Here now. Never been a huge fan of commuting." A shrug, she wasn't ashamed. "And here because of history. Though," she let out a soft whistle, "Not that history.

It was ... strange to hear about the Time Wars. To have lived through those events but not known of them even if she had been in the same city. No doubt everyone felt that way when learning of the history of their childhood but for some reason she wanted it to be different.

Ah. Tsk tsk. Careful there. She knew better.

A nod, "I am, and yup- I know who to reach out to." No apostate here.

"The offer is appreciated, but I'm good, I think. I'll definitely let you know if that changes though. As far as claiming ... I definitely don't have anything claimed. Seems a bit presumptuous that," Another chuckle. Hi, I'm new, don't know jack from beans but that plot over there, that's mine, kthxbye. A glance back toward the crowd so recently left, "What areas have been claimed that we need to ... avoid slash respect slash etcetera?"

A supernatural meet and greet spot. That definitely got a mental tag for follow up. Oh yes sirree it did.

And that, she though, answered the quick bevy of questions. Oh wait, "And you can reach me via (###)-###-####." She resisted exhaling and instead just looked to Nos with a grin. Batter up or something?

A'keira Lim
    Nos

Nimbus:

The smell of gasoline and rubber fills the air. Metal and machinery rattle and feel strained and engines roar to life. Unoccupied vehicles might appear to have shadowy figures within them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nos begins adding Witch's number to her phone, flipping it around for the mage to double check she entered it right. "Picture, no picture? I can just give you an avatar of like... a black cat or something, if you prefer. Or something else appropriately witch-y." Witch can see that Nos entered the name "Samantha Stephens" as an alias into the profile.

Answering Corn's questions, "Well, I came to Sacramento to distance myself from my old Sleeper life. Too many complications, but not really any close family. Physically close, mind you. They live across the country, so muddying the truth with them is easy. Friends, coworkers... well, I just had to drop them. I'm not good enough at lying to keep them at arms length." Honestly, it hadn't been that bad. A few lies about going back home to visit her parents in Georgia, some bittersweet goodbyes. Some crying, even a little from Nos for the real friends, not the Hollywood friends. But she'd be fine after a little while, and so would they.

"I'm part of the Free Council, much to every other order's great disappointment." Nos flashes a self-deprecating smile as she places heavy sarcasm on the last statement. "I actually don't know who all here is Free Council, so I'd appreciate if you could fill me in on that."

"As for claims, etc... you got my card. Not sure if y'all want me to make something official here, but..."
    Nos shrugs. "I bought a P.O.S. warehouse in the middle of an industrial district. Pretty sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, there, but hey, I'll do what makes life easiest for everyone. It's all set up, though, so anyone is free to drop by. You got my number by the by."

Afterwards, when Corn talks about the supernatural meet-up, Nos tents her fingers and purses her lips. "Yeah, hard pass on that. I'm with you, I kinda assume I'm breaking about ten rules with humans any given moment, so... don't feel like I need that anxiety dealing with everything that goes bump in the night. Actually, let me walk something back... maybe help me ask around for someone to help me set up my shop? As in maybe teach me how put up wards against creepy-crawlies?" Nos daintily pokes her two pointer fingers together. "I get shy around things that might want to eat me."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

To Witch 's question about which areas are already claimed, Corn fought back the urge to say 'ask the Herald - oh, sorry, we don't have one!' but the thought put a slight smile on his face, which he directed to Witch.
    "Weeeell... there's a P.O.S. Warehouse in the middle of the industrial district that is taken. I work in my uncle's - second uncle, cousin of my mother - bookstore so don't go hocus-pocusing there. I have asked the Consilium officially to keep away from meddling with my relatives which is a rule you would think should be in the books, but it isn't. Aside of that... "
    Corn gave Witch and Nos a quick runover to areas of influence the various magi have claimed that he knows of, even the ones like Kaze , Guru and Winter that have been absent for some time, without giving any concrete info about where sanctums are. He does give a warning though:
    "And if you sense a Hallow... it is probably taken. I don't think there are many left from the war with the Seers that we haven't locked down."

When Nos asks about Libertines, Corn points her towards Apollo and Puck . "The handsome guys that are not Moros? Those are the Libertines. I think there may be another one but she's not shown up for months. Get used to see people come and go, by the way. I would love to see you stay, but no hard feelings if you decide to depart. "

Then Nos asks about how to ward her place. "Well, mundane protections work. Depending on what side of the Moros side you are on, there are different supernatural protections you can place - a ghost or a really good locks and durable walls - although it may take effort to personally maintain them. Belle the Mystagogue can put up wards that have to do with mind and perhaps other stuff. Aurora the Mystagogue can do a lot of things. But personally I haven't asked them to put up defenses anywhere so I don't know what's their approach on creepy-crawler wards.
    Both of them are friendly and helpful though. So perhaps ask them.

As for fighting off Creepy crawlers, the Sentinel of the Consilium, Winter the Guardian, is currently away for business. The Adamantine Arrow Phoenyx - the nice lady over there -
    " he says pointing to Phoenyx " - is doing protection-of-the-active-kind and she's a very powerful mage. She also wants us all to learn to defend ourselves. So I would start by asking her.

Unless there's anything else, we could go back to the others as I would like to arrange a moros meeting now that we are all here.
    "

Aeolus
    Corn is done; with your permission the necro-sisters could be recognized.

Not that you really need my approval for that, but Nos Witch you can raise your status to 1.

9. Likes , liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Leaning in, Witch nods that Nos has the number correct. "You gonna make him the same offer?" she asks with a laugh and a nod toward their Councilor. "Avatar is fine and dealers choice on cat or hat. Just preferably not the Cat in the Hat."

A hmm sound at the lack of free Hallows. It wasn't that she was surprised, they weren't Wal-Marts after all but a girl could dream. Well, he did say he didn't think...

"I'm good." She says pulling one hand out of her pocket to flash a thumbs up confirmation. Giving it the polite few seconds to make sure there isn't a PS to the tag up, Witch heads back to join the main gathering.

A'keira Lim
    Nos

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You gonna make him the same offer?"

"Hmm... nah, a witch hat doesn't seem the right avatar. Might be lazy and use a cornfield. Oh! Maybe a bag of popcorn!" Nos turns to Corn himself. "Any preferences?"

"Anyways, that's all my questions,"
    Nos says before handing her phone to Corn so he can put his cell number in, if he feels like it. "For now, at least. Lead the way, Necro-bro!" And she'll follow Corn and Witch back into the main area.

Closed Thread