Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(HTT) Hail Mary

Jun 2, 2022 : Something Wicked
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

So far the man seems to be on his high horse a bit more. But then again, maybe he had a reason to. Belle can't help but think back to when she Scryed on him a while back. How tranquil he'd been. The guy's clearly not cool with how he was treated before. Not that his attitude helps. But all the same, he's not slinging spells right now and he's unarmed. "Okay, so I have an imperfect memory. My bad." Though Nursiae's standoffishness begins to grate on her when he starts throwing New King James at Corn. Why is it they always go for the NKJ version? It's like they're trying to sounds like assholes.

Then backup blinks into existence and Belle's eyes briefly flare up with frustration and anger. Tricky bastards! ​But she knows deep down that she doesn't need to be the angry one right now. Phoenyx is the one with the gun; let her play bad cop...
    2 successes

Belle holds her hands up in what she hopes is a disarming gesture. "So let's change the menu then, shall we? Now that we're putting names to faces, what's yours?" She extends a hand towards the new guy. "Have you guys been in the area long? Or were you looking for something?"

spells

Equipment
    Artifact

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The man's logic was sound. He clearly had no reason to trust Corn and at this point the Moros was coming across as a hypocrite.

The Obrimos didn't react when the new figure appeared - she knew someone had been there after all. It was also noted he did not answer Corn's question - but that didn't make them Banishers yet. Fortunately Belle seemed to be suing for peace. Phoenyx kept her eye on the area under the tree, in case

"We should all take a step back," the Arrow finally spoke, slowly and clearly putting her gun back in its holster. "Here is the situation. A cabal operating in this city falls under the Concillium to ensure there are no risks to the veil. If your group adhere to the laws of Atlantis, then I would agree you are owed your apology," She says his pointedly looking to Corn, "and I would invite you and your cabalmates to partake in the city's concillium as much or as little as you like. If you are not familiar, we would educate you in the ways of awakened society."

If they refused or held other beliefs? That was another matter and why she was here.

Equipment

Spells: Life Shield (Pot 5, cloaked), Supernal vision (Pot 6, Cloaked)
    Health: 7/7
    Willpower: 3/3
    Armour: 3/2
    Defense: 9/8
    Active Spells: 2/7
    Personal Spells: 2/2
    Vulgar Spells: 0 (+0 dox dice)
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

An apology? After assaulting him for just casting a spell, the Trinity guys just want just an apology?
    Corn knows he would be much angrier if he was stabbed, gassed, buried in stone and left to break through - at a cost to his body as he struggled through the paradox and then put to sleep...

Corn doesn't try to hide the surprise in his features. Focusing on Nursiae, and trying to figure if those guys are sincere, although he wants to believe they are not holding any long-lasting (and violent) grudges.
    1 success

"Your cabalmate is right, Nursiae. I do owe you an apology. I was concerned that you would see spellcasting as a dangerous escalation but you showed more restrain " and less caution but let's not focus on that " than we did. I am here because I am concerned that you or your allies may seek to harm me or my friends" mages or sleepers that have no way to know or to protect themselves.
    He looks at Phoenyx with a shrug, "Whether they believe in Atlantis or not, I think they are owed an apology. I may not be the only one that should apologize to you for that misunderstanding but I certainly did the most." He was not certain they were not a threat or that they would stop at an apology and not go for blood, but they seemed much more restrained than he remembered.
    And they don't seem to know about the... Corn cut his thoughts there shaking his head in case anyone is listening in.

"I would be interested to listen to your replies, if you choose to share them, to my friend's questions. And I also agree with my other friend that it would be better if you showed up in the Consilium to inform us that you are here and where the lines are. "

Just in case anyone is reading corn's mind or emotions, he's sincere in the apology and actually hopes they don't plan to harm them for what happened.

spells and effects

EDIT: I have one dice less in Empathy

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post

"So we agree that both your memory and your manners need improvement." Despite the snappy comment Nursiae looked at his Cabal-mate and actually took a step back. Said mate was still staring daggers at the three Awakened, but followed the lead of Nursiae and put his pointing finger down. "Hipponensis." Belle's hand was largely ignored, the new guy apparently had enough on his plate with controlling his emotions. The Warlock could probably relate to that.
    AS far as Corn could tell, the men wore their hearts on their sleeves - their emotions were genuine.

Once Phoenyx was done speaking there was another rush of energy and behind Nursiae's other shoulder a woman appeared much like the young Hispanic man before her. She seemed middle-aged, closer to the first man in age and similarly weathered. As far as the darkness allowed such assessment she was wearing dark, practical clothing and kept her blonde hair in a ponytail. "And I am Euphemia of the Sancta Trinitas. Our Cabal doesn't answer to any Order of the Pentacle, and we've been here in this area for close to a year now." She had a similar mirthless quality in her voice as Nursiae - the sound of someone who had little patience for nonsense. Something else was noticeable: as soon as the woman started talking there was a subtle shift in the older man's body language - he tensed up again slightly.

"We do follow the Lex though, and as far as I'm concerned the apology has been merely implied so far." She seemed to be the speaker of the Cabal, if not the leader - that much was clear from the way she carried herself and the others' reaction to her speaking.

8. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

So now it's a three-on-three. Earlier Belle was aching for a chance to punch Nursiae in the nose. Now, with the information they had, her eagerness was beginning to wane. There were enough Magi here to level the yard between them, or at the very least punch a hole in the Veil if they weren't careful. One of these days it's just going to be as simple as point, click, blast the bastard into a brick wall. But not today.

Belle gives a nod to Euphemia as she reveals herself.
    "Honestly, a big concern was that we though there was a Banisher presence here. Now we know that isn't the case." ​And so far, Belle seems to trust their assessment so far. After all, with the playing field even, the Santa Trinitas had little to gain from a stalemate. "I'm sorry for lashing out, Nursiae. I'm with Corn too; we don't want trouble beyond protecting our friends. Which you can be a part of, if you'd like? I'm sure you'd appreciate having a safe place to gather and other Magi to support you if something comes up. If nothing else, we've proven that we protect our own...fiercely."
    3 successes

Belle flashes a bit of her teeth as she smiles to punctuate her last point. She's trying to appeal to the Cabal's desire to avoid conflict as well as addressing the fact that, as Apostates, they're lone wolves. And lone wolves tend not to last long in the wild.

Equipment

spells

Health: 8/8

WP: 1/3

Mana: 10/11

Active Spells 3/5

Personal Spells 3/3
    Artifact

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx returned Corn's look with a more intense stare. After Euphemia states her critique the Arrow gestures in agreement. "If you agree they are owed an apology from you, it should be given directly," she says pointedly to Corn.

The Obrimos gives a small shrug. "Joinging the Concillium is not mandatory. If you value your privacy then we will leave you be. However, should you change you mind or need assistance from us should there be threats to youI can provide a point of contact."

She was here as a defender, and it seemed there was little need for that now. They followed the Lex, they weren't Banishers. It was good to know they were here - or were in the area, if they chose to move. Once Corn managed to issue his apology, it seemd to her there was little more to do.

Equipment

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Oh," Corn said when he was told by several people that saying you owe someone an apology is not the same as apologizing. He didn't mention Belle or Aurora to them. If they wanted to apologize, they could.

"Nursiae, allow me to apologize for attacking you when we first found you. It was not out of malice, but a misunderstanding. Still, it was certainly not a good thing to do and I am sorry I did it. If I may, informing the concilium that you are here, and who you are, would help to avoid other such misunderstandings in the future, if you move to a different consilium's area.
    Also, not all consilia are as lax as we are when it comes to mage cabals.

That said, may I ask if there are more members in your cabal, other than the three we see?
    "

Corn was glad that nobody has mentioned what the Mystagogues were after and didn't mind changing the direction of the discussion.

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

14. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

"Banishers? No we were looking for Scelesti." Belle's efforts apparently made for a winning personality, because Euphemia thoughtlessly replied to the Warlock's point with their own agenda. Judging from her embarrassed look she was the type for thoughtless action. "I mean-" she sighed, doing her best to look at the three Consilium members and ignoring the fiery stare from the young man. "There have been rumors about Scelesti activity in the city. That is why we are here."
    Belle's offer to become friends, though? That one was left unanswered.

The First Talon's words were well received - both Nursiae and Euphemia (and even Hipponensis, albeit less so) eased up when empty phrases turned into actual apologies.

"Thank you." A bit of hesitation in the man's voice. Had he expected this to go differently? "You are looking at the complete-"

3 successes

Hipponensis had been looking at the 'Banisher' intently and apparently didn't like the tone in his voice either. The young Latino made an agitated step forward and interrupted his Cabal-mate. "Oh come on ! Tell 'em to give it back!"

The expression on Nursiae's face was that of clear and strong embarrassment and shame before he looked at the ground. Euphemia? She looked confusedly from one man to the other.
    Seemed like this Cabal wasn't completely on the same page about things.

Belle please spend a point of Willpower with the power icon tracker

16. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

(WP to Social Rolls)Willpower 2 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Belle's eyebrows go up with a look of peculiar fascination at the mention of 'Scelesti'.
    1 success

Euphemia's quick response is comforting to Belle, as is Corn and Phoenyx's friendly exchanges. Well! Look at that. I guess we may actually walk away from this without a fight.

And then Hipponensis barks up and Belle realizes that there was another snag in this get-together. Only Belle and Corn know about Roxie's Choker and where it is. And they can't just reveal it without breaking some major Mysterium rules. I trust Phoenyx, but... And then there's Nursiae's and Euphemia's reactions. So they're not as organized as we thought.

She looks over at Corn; again, nervous about the implications of lying to either the Sancta Trinitas or Phoenyx.
    "Afraid the only thing we took from Nursiae was his dignity. Which I hope is back to normal now." Belle looks apologetically at Nursiae. She's now genuinely sorry about villanizing the guy, but also plans on sticking to enough of the truth to keep the peace. After all, Roxie's Choker didn't really belong to anyone in the Sancta Trinitas...that she knew of.

Equipment

Spells

HP 8/8
    WP 1/3
    Mana 10/11
    Active Spells 3/5
    Personal Spells 3/3
    Artifact

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

There was a look of confusion with Corn's apology. Lax?

"Scelesti?" Phoenyx asked Euphemia, her brow furrowing with concern. "If you have leads on Scelesti, I would be willing to work with you in dealing with them. I can certainly eliminate some areas of the city from your search." She glances to Belle and Corn. "We should step up our patrols if they have been seen in the area." It was a prospect that demanded attention.

Dark eyes are drawn to Hipponensis, who seemed sure there was still an unanswered matter. "That seems unlikely," she replies to Belle. "People do not talk that way about perceptions of self." The Arrow looks back to Hipponensis. "What are you missing?"

Equipment

19. Likes liked this post
    Bump Aeolus "Bump" this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread