A day in the park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

A significant milestone? "Sounds like a congratulations was in order." Gerrit watched Anatole with something that could be admiration. The Wizened seemed to manage what the Ogre wanted - to steadily and unassumingly work towards a reason to be content. "Congratulations."

2 successes

Of course Gerrit didn't let it show, but when Anatole counted off the possessions and material wealth he had amassed he felt a prickle of resentment. Did the Autumn Courtier succeed where Gerrit failed despite pursuing things the Stonebones found less desirable or because of that reason?
    Maybe the goals weren't what was important, maybe the Wyrd only favoured the ones who deserved it - whatever it may be.

And wasn't the follow-up question not a test of Gerrit's worth? If the Winter wanted a new life to be satisfied with, what better way to prove it than to reveal some of the reason for coming here? "I see. Since I've moved here I have tried to come to peace with the life I left behind. No, I am reminiscing about a pleasant day I shared with someone I've met here. She has been doing some 'leaving behind' on her own, I'm afraid, but I figured I might as well honor those pleasant days in a way." The Ogre's voice was steady and didn't betray much in terms of emotion, but Anatole's genuine gesture was answered with a slight inclination of the head. "I guess the departure of our friend is news to you too. Seems like you never know what people think."

2. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

The burned dwarf grunted and inclined his head in response to the Ogre's words.

"Sometimes it is good to honor the little things. I have found such things feel more important to me, sometimes, than the bigger celebrations."

His hand did not leave his heart while he let a silence bloom between them. The news of departures and loss hung in the air; for the moment, the Wizened did not wish to disturb that wth simple chatter.

Sometimes it was good to brood a little with... Friends.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord blinks out of his reverie. "Mmm? Oh, naturally. I hope to keep all who have heard of her updated."

The news of Worm's departure was disappointing but not wholly unexpected. People moved on. It was just a shame that it was someone being so useful. Rhodes sighed heavily. "Another one gone. It seems this place has that effect."

The flowering rose slowly. "My apologies, gentlemen, but I must be going. I hope to see you both soon." He starts to head off, frowning slightly.

Sorry for disappearing in this! Things came up and then I lost track of this scene.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Rhodes seemed busy, or lost in thought. Gerrit wondered - not for the first time - how detached the Dread Lord was from the Freehold after all. "Take care."

Which left Gerrit and Anatole to enjoy the mild day, maybe even catch up a bit. Nothing more, but nothing less.

Fade to black? Thanks for the quick scene

8. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread