Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny smiles broadly at the owner's introduction, "You run a fine establishment here Mister O'Brien, or do you go by Connor? My name is Matthew. As I said, its all fine and well to have a club where you can feel the music in your bones twenty years later, but when you get to my age, you call that arthritis. I'd much rather enjoy music i merely hear and enjoy along with good drink and good conversation. What inspired you to start such a venture?" Tiny says with sincerity, and a little schmaltz.
    Laying it on a little thick, but starting a business was no small feat, and was worth a nod of respect.

Turning to the fashionably challenged man, at least he doesn't smell like the Boss, so that's a huge step up.

"And a good evening to you too. My name is Matthew, yours?" The man has the looks down, but he's certainly not Tiny's type. But fun to look at nonetheless.

Seeing Crystal at the entrance, he salutes with his glass and a smile, but doesn't do anything more.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

2. Likes Endymion liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt allows a small chuckle at Tiny's joke, a smile lingering afterwards. "Even for those of us from across the pond, the prohibition Era was a bit of a story of the American Dream. Self-made men, earning their money by disregarding a law that should have never been passed. Jazz, while also just pleasant in general, comes with the overall aesthetic of the place. I think the vintage take on more recent hits allows a sort of... melding... of the past and present." He eyes the small man for a moment as Tiny turns his attention to the loudest fellow in the bar.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

4. Likes , Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

The little guy asks his name and Worm turns to him with an easy smile, "Charlie Wiggles. You can call me Charlie. Mr. Wiggles. Or CW. Whatever you prefer." He looks the dude up and down. It doesn't take long. "You enjoying yourself, Matthew?" The way he repositions himself, the Kimono jacket falls open and fully exposes the stick-and-poke tattoo just under his left collarbone to both men: a poorly rendered butterfly with a very large hard-on.

A hearty sip of his vodka rocks, he sucks the excess booze off his mustache and gestures with the glass to Connor: "Heard you say you're the proprietor. Good on you. How'd you come up with the name, anyway? I asked the doorman, but he was a little busy." A beat. "Say, do you let folks vape in here?"

Doesn't even try for good, old-fashioned smoking. Fucking California.

6. Likes liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"You came from Britain to start a cocktail bar in Sacramento?" Tiny fails to keeps the surprise from his voice. There is also a deal of admiration. "I have so many questions. But I'll start with just one, why here? I drifed to sacramento to get a job, but even that was a merely from state to state, not across a whole ocean and a continent."

"Nice to meet you Charlie." He looks at the tatoo, and does a better job of hiding his exasperation behind his wine glass. "I am thank you, a good drink, a quiet bar, a conversation with the owner, and I have to say, perhaps the most surprising man in the bar chatting me up. I'm flattered. So what brough you here? the quiet atmosphere, the good drinks?" Tiny keeps his smile on and his tone polite and interested, but not too interested. Why do you have a sexual bug on your chest? What?

8. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Seems the owner is not in the mood to chat. Or maybe he's just distracted? After all, it's opening night. Worm imagines there's lots to keep your eye on. Seems exhausting.

No big deal, Matty boy is game.

"Well that's good to hear," he says, toasting the dude and then taking another healthy sip of his drink. "Me? Surprising?" he asks, pouring on the drama. He glances around, "What makes you say that?" Worm's pretty sure he knows the answer, but why not give Matthew a chance to explain.

"Drinks are good," Worm admits. In fact he's drained his. Sets down the glass and signals the barkeep for another. "Honestly, though? I was kind of out on the town already. Came down the alley to find a place to piss," a crooked grin "and there was the door. Very mysterious. Can't resist a good mystery."

Indeed, he'd forgotten about his bladder until just this moment. All the excitement. He'll have to look into that shortly.

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor's attention is slightly caught by the entrance of someone new, but snaps back when he hears the mistake on his heritage. It was just a mistake, right? There's something akin to admiration on the small man's voice. Just a mistake then, not a direct insult. "I'm from Ireland, actually. Though I view Nuit as an experience as much as it is a bar. A step back into the past, though it has a modern spin on it."

He then turns his attention to the man who'd introduced himself as Charlie, a brow raising as he spots the rather... unflattering tattoo. "Well, Charlie, I'd ask you to cover that rather... creative... tattoo of yours while you're in here. Please. However, to answer your question, it means Pitch Black Night. While it's current denizens aren't of one set aesthetic, this place was designed to offer a location for the more alternative citizens of Sacramento to frequent. Included in that are also others who simply enjoy the macabre." The haunt pauses for a moment, remembering the speakeasies of the 20's as if he'd just been to one yesterday. While his time in torpor had clouded many of his memories, this wasn't one of them. "If an inspector wasn't liable to show up at any moment, I personally wouldn't care if you actually smoked. However, the laws being what they are, I must ask you to refrain from vaping in here."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

12. Likes Endymion liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Your outfit and tattoos scream so loudly that your polite voice is almost lost, and yet its still there. All in all a surprising package. What do you think Mister O'Brien? Surprising, or have I missed my mark?" Tiny says, not quite with admiration, but more fascination, like he's looking at a piece of art that doesn't fit the room. Its neither accusatory, nor salutatory, just puzzlement. "One's bladder can lead you to all sorts of interesting places. I could tell you shocking tales of where the smell of urine has gotten me, and no, I don't mean something crude." he holds up a finger to forstall the expected sex joke. One of his old packmates peeing on a ridden's shoe was enough for them to follow the asshole back to his den. Put the human to sleep and beat the shit out of the spirit, and Bob's your uncle.

"My apologies. I know that can be a sensitive subject." He says with sincerity, and drops the subject entirely. Back home that could get him decked for making that kind of boneheaded mistake. An O'brien from London, Tiny, come on, don't be that stupid. He drains the glass of wine, and gestures for another. "Well, I must say I find the experience and atmosphere wonderful, you have done an excellent job at a modern waltz to the past."
    He listens as Connor explains the focus on the alternative citizens and macabre, and looks around a second time, finally noticing the little dots of death and grotesquery in the fairly high class appearing place. "Well I'm finding myself quite at home here, thank you, what drew you to the macabre as your accent for this place? I particularly enjoy that one" He gestures to one of the smaller pieces on the bar, almost hiding behind the Irish whiskey.

14. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm's following merrily along with Matthew and Connor's conversation. Ireland (not England). Bar-as-experience. Historical with a twist. The Colonel doesn't know about all that (though he assumes Connor knows where he's from). But the drinks come fast enough. And the pour is generous. Would you look at that, his glass is already full. What a dream.

Also, there's the clientele. Case in point, the women who've just walked in. Wow. Enough to drive a man to drink. Which he does.

But then Worm's new Irish friend makes what the Goblin considers a very rude request. Downright insensitive really. He listens to the rest, smiling all the while. Until his glass hides that smile. The eyes are still laughing though, still on Connor as he sips the Goose. Maybe there's something more in his gaze. Something not nearly so friendly.

Also, this may be the moment that both Connor and Matthew notice his knuckles, brought eye level as he drinks. They've seen recent work. And someone with Connor's pugilistic tendencies (not to mention Matthew's extracurricular activities) will know the nature of that work.

The glass is on its way back down just as Connor finishes his spiel.

"Wait so...Question. The Nuit D'Encre experience is meant for folks with...alternative tastes. Lifestyles. Whatever. And you don't cater to the Butterfly-with-Massive-Genitals enthusiasts or the Smoking Fetish community? Because I can name like two, three other clubs in the city with much more inclusive policies." He shrugs, "I'm not telling you how to run your business... Just giving you the scoop on the competition."

He gingerly tugs at the collar of his Kimono top, covering the tattoo. Mostly. The very tip of the cock is still exposed. "Did it myself," he says with a wink. "You can't believe how hard it was to get right in a mirror."

Matthew doesn't pull any punches. Impressive when you're that small. Worm gives him a warm smile, completely open and honest. "I like you," he says as if he's just decided. "Speak your mind. That's good." Glances around the room too. "Seems like I'm not your only fan though." Indicating Crystal with a not-so-subtle nod of the head. "That guy was giving you a very impressive smile a minute ago. Super white teeth. Gotta respect the dental care game."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I apologize, not 'alternative' in the manner you're suggesting... alternative is in gothic and various other subcultures. It's meant to be a place that caters to them specifically, where they can enjoy their time away from the prying eyes of the world." The Haunt's eye's scan the ever growing crowd, catching on his new target as they walk in. "I would love to stay and continue chatting gentlemen, however I must continue to play host." He speaks with a beaming smile to both men. "Please, enjoy your stay." With that said, the man moves back within the crowd and across the bar.
    The Vanishing:

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny finishes his drink.
    "Thanks, and nice to meet you." And heads out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread