Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner shakes his head, embarrassed that he'd fallen into Lancea vernacular. Maybe he was becoming too careful here. "My apologies; I guess I was trying to relate it to wanting the benefits of allies and trust while being weary of the work. Like you said, it's a long trip."

Conner can almost feel the weight of Sofia's words as she talks about the rarity of Kindred being surprised. The weight of unknown years and disappointments. I won't be one of them.

Now it was the Shadow's turn to have knowledge go over his head. Sofia clearly had a knowledge and appreciation for the drink that Conner never really thought of. "I'll have to remember that for next time. Thank you." ​He appreciated the suggestion; though part of his response was simply to make sure he didn't lose Sofia from his earlier blunder. "I'd never thought of vanilla flavor in gin. Is that a part of the barrel-aging?" He looks down at his own drink, clearly red with hints of slush at the top. "Strawberry Daiquiri. It's a bit of a memento from another time in my life. I had one of these to celebrate college graduation years ago." A bit of a bittersweet memory, but one he wanted to treasure. To perhaps put himself in the mindset of new horizons dawning. "Is that so? If you don't mind me asking, what does my drink say about me?" He's genuinely curious, though his smile does curl up a bit in a playful manner as if he's not quite sure whether Sofia is joking or not. Still, perhaps this was a good chance to get a read on how the biggest monster in the Domain perceived him.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small shake of her head, “Nothing to apologize for, just simply a topic I cannot offer any insight on.” Both on the religious front and the ally front actually. Her position made trust near impossible.

There was a nod, “It is. There are a variety of flavors that have been added as the industry grows and continues to experiment. Some add caramel, orange and even juniper berries. Just depends on what you are looking for.” She was making her way through the list personally.

His drink wasn’t something she would order. Too sweet. But she decides to have a bit of fun.

“While some view the daiquiri as a feminine drink, I wouldn’t go that far. It’s a simple drink, but could signal someone as being high maintenance. And while you like sweet things, I would care to wager you still like a challenge especially in the people you choose to spend time with.” Another sip taken as she watches him. “But it’s all open to interpretation, and what you believe. Some buy into it, some don’t.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Clearly Sofia had but some thought into her favored drink. And she isn't afraid to experiment with different flavors? Adaptability is a necessity amongst our kind; to stay in one place is to be surpassed and truly die. "That does sound intriguing. I'll have to try that at some point." Maybe with Maeve? It would be nice to surprise her with something.

Conner tries to keep a straight face while Sofia does her Sherlock-esque analysis of his person based on his preferred drink, but he can't prevent a bit of a rueful smirk at the 'high maintenance' line.
    There's a sickening growl in his stomach as the predator begs an excuse to find insult. "I won't disagree with any of that. He had been stretching his comfort zone recently with his connections. "I've dabbled in some tarot studies a few years back that were similar. I've always thought it was more of confirming what you already know to be true though, or simply clarifying what you might not know fully." Creatures of faith could see through such mundane illusions. Or at least ignore them.

The Shadow shrugs politely, sipping his own drink.
    "I'd say talking to any stranger on a whim is challenging to some people. In that way, I guess we're both challenged." ​Except here there was no clear winner, nor was there a need for one. Yet. "It's said that iron sharpens iron; perhaps we're both the better for stepping out of our comfort zones?" He swirls his drink a little, hoping that Sofia recognizes it as a compliment and not an assault.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow quirks in amusement, “Usually someone always disagrees with the high maintenance part. Though I’ve never seen it as a bad thing per say.” She was high maintenance on some things. “Tarot? Now that is very interesting. I always figured it would go against your teachings, unless I’ve misunderstood something along the way.” Which was possible. “What you’ve said makes sense, a confirmation. Perhaps the same could be said about those who believe in astrology.” A humored smirk on her lips. “The words vague enough to benefit whomever hears or reads it. Society is funny like that.” Tell them what they want to hear and they are happy.

Another nod, “You could be on to something there. Being social doesn’t come easily to everyone, some of us are still learning.” A smirk and wink added. Being social was an uphill battle for her, yet, here she was, trying. Taking another sip, thinking over his words, “I’ve been told there are many benefits to stepping out of one’s comfort zone. And thus far, I haven’t been disappointed.” Was that a confirmation she was enjoying his company?

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner sees an opening with Sofia's reaction, and decides to ride the slipstream of the conversation. " I've always thought 'high maintenance' just means 'specific' with a negative connotation." No point in denying what he knew to be true about himself. He was sure his conversation partner had a low tolerance for lies of any kind.

The smile dulls just a bit as Conner reminisces. "Call it an extracurricular curiosity. I've studied the ideas behind it and know the symbology; doesn't mean I subscribed to it having any inherent power. Tarot and other predictive arts is just confirmation."

Whether her response is a genuine confirmation or just stringing him along, Conner decides to give the benefit of the doubt. What good is courage without risk? "I aim to surprise, Sofia." Not so much a declaration of war as it was of purpose. The Shadow knew he'd fought an uphill battle in Sacramento, but he would be damned if his progress wasn't acknowledged.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile, “Oh, it does. But there are,” pause, “other things that go along with it. Overly sensitive and even a fragile ego.” Which was always fun to watch. “But you don’t strike me as someone with a fragile ego.” But she could be wrong. Her interaction with the Shadow was limited. But it would be fun to push that idea and test how fragile it was. A coy smile touching her lips at the thought.

Nodding, “Ah, well, those always good to have. Never know when information about the topic could be useful.” Her interests weren’t as broad. Maybe she should explore more?

Dark eyes carefully watching him over her glass, “That’s good information to know.” Finishing off her drink. “I certainly look forward to seeing if you can continue to do so.” Most couldn’t. But something about the Shadow was different. He had risen above his missteps, and so far, was improving.

Looks like one more day, shall we start to wrap?

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner accepts the challenge for what is is: a chance at improvement. He finishes his drink, and nods respectfully as he stands. ​"Thank you for your conversation, Sofia. I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening."

He allows a smile to shame his predator. For tonight, he would be content to be something a little more than a monster: a man who may have found the beginnings of an ally.

Absolutely! Thanks so much for a fun scene.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Putting her empty glass down, “You as well Conner, let me know the next time you’re out.” His company wasn’t that bad.

The smile was returned.

It was a blast! Thank you

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread