Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2111) Speaking easy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 31, 2021 : (2111) Roaring Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded to Connor and motioned him over, "Mister O'Brien. I trust you've been well?"

Continued from (2111) Roaring Court...

Blood Hunt:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor, having been given permission to approach, steps of to Jack, giving the Seneschal another small bow of respect. His beast is hidden, but the aura of his blood still remains. "Of course, Seneschal, and is it safe to assume the same of you?" He pauses a moment for an answer from Jack.

"I won't waste your time with small talk, Seneschal. I was wanting to speak to you in an attempt to schedule a meeting with Her Grace, the Prince. I've noticed the role of Keeper has not yet been filled, and I would like to express interest in hopes of having Her Grace's consideration." He stands with his arms crossed behind his back, almost in a more relaxed parade rest; open and confident, yet not challenging. "If you'd prefer, however, we could fill the rest of the night with small talk. I haven't had time to speak with you without the pressure of other obligations."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Always safe," he grinned half to Connor and half to himself. Sacramento had been kind.

"That's a shame," he remarked of the promise of no small talk. He settled into the conversation as Connor got to ambition, giving him his full attention as he processed the request. "Not yet been filled..." he parroted back quizzically. Of course, he was a newer arrival... he couldn't have known. In fact, there were only a handful that would. Had it been so long already? No need to be dismissive though, "Tell me Mister O'brien, what makes you desire to keep Her Grace's Elysium?" Wondrous things can happen when you stoke the flames of ambition.

"I have a few minutes," he assured Connor with the offer of an evening of chatting. "Before I address other obligations." His eyes lingered to Samantha, Mable and the departing Jennifer.

Blood Hunt:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt nods as Jack answers. "That's great to hear." He says, matching Jack's grin both as a show of solidarity and an involuntary reaction to the ease of the conversation so far.

"Apologies, Seneschal, I've always been a 'business first' sort of Kindred." He replies, the pauses for a moment to formulate a response before speaking. He catches the almost questioning statement that mimicked some of Connor's own words. "Yes, Seneschal, I had assumed Her Grace, The Prince was simply being cautious in who she chose for office, such as with the choice for Reeve; Is there something about the position I don't quite know yet?" Still, even with the odd nature of that statement, the Seneschal carried on. "Of course, Seneschal. The short answer is that some of the duties of the Office align with my chosen role in the First Estate. The long answer is that I was overjoyed to hear about a themed Court, and I wish to alleviate Her Grace of the pressure to come up with more to keep the Kindred of the Domain content. If I were to be granted the office, I would like to open office hours to take requests for further events, and dedicate time to vetting their efficacy when it comes to the overall satisfaction of the Domain." He pauses again, this time allowing what he had said to be processed. "I have plans to open a speakeasy once I have proven myself worthy of Tenancy and, with that goal in mind, have been making contacts to ensure the survival of the establishment. Contacts that I feel may come in handy should I take office."

With all of that said, he moves on to the talk that he had promised after business. "I'm glad I could catch you when you had some time then. Would you prefer small talk then, or do you have anything specific you'd like to discuss, Seneschal?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Even at parties?" he queried. Truth be told, the Lord knew he was just as guilty but he was in a good mood this particular evening. He gave a wink to ease any implied abrasion.

He chuckled quietly as Connor tiptoed through phrasing, "Well, I think evenings like this are a point of splendor for the Domain rather than a method to avoid discontent. There are better ways to address the latter." It was hard telling what she might pluck from a conversation, so it was best to give him an out early. "But your interest is noted and appreciated." The Lord seemed to perk up a bit at the mention of a speakeasy, "That sounds marvelous. There was a place I enjoyed for a time but sadly it closed up." He wondered why she kept drifting through his mind. He was usually better at compartmentalizing the past.

"Well," he started as he caught Mable's attempt to hand off her conversation. "I may have overstated my available time," he grinned as another idea popped in his head. He waved @Mable over, "You should meet the last Kindred to hold the responsibilities you seek: Ms. Mable Wood, Hierophant of the Circle. She can give you a clear picture of the role as a whole."

Jack intends to jump in the other thread to handle acknowledgement after Mable joins here to converse with Connor.

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nods, and excuses herself from Samantha and heads over.

"Good evening."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening," he responded as she approached the pair. "Mister Conner O'Brien of the First Estate had an interest I felt you'd be best suited to converse about," he motioned to Connor.

"Enjoy the rest of your evening," he offered as he made his way to the one seeking acknowledgement.

Continued in (2111) Introductions...

Blood Hunt:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Good Evening Madame Wood, stylish as always." The Haunt says with a smile and nod. He watches briefly as the Seneschal departs, giving him a brief bow of the head in thanks.

The Haunt's gaze returns to Mable, his smile never faltering. "I approached the Seneschal with a desire to make my interest in the position of Keeper of Elysium known. He felt I should speak with you, as the previous Keeper, to get a better feel on the office before I jump headlong into it."
    The Vanishing:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening Mr. Obrien." Mable greeted Connor. She resisted giving a shiver at his presents.

"Yes, I had guessed as the numbers were swelling again the Keeper position would open up. What did you want to know about the job?" She asked pleasantly. She was glad he got right to the point.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"To be honest, I haven't heard anything about the position reopening, I simply wish to be proactive and make my interest known should her Grace decide to make it available once more." He pauses for a moment, trying to form his next statement in his mind. "I believe I have a general understanding of the duties; the Keeper assists in defending the sanctity of Elysium, as well as organizes and hosts events within the walls of Elysium, am I correct in my understanding, Madame Wood?"
    The Vanishing:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread