Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2109) At the Archive - Hunt details

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 22, 2021 : (2109) Autumn Equinox
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Mantle spinning leaves and whispers, Rhodes moves over by his Archive, setting the horn down on a shelf next to which is a manilla folder and several paperclips. Even by usual standards, he looks keen, engaged; something about the noble baring of the Fairest is alight with him today.

He settles, collecting a drink and waiting for those that would take up the challenge.

This is for the Autumn Hunt! I will be making the formal Oath with a week to go on the Coronation - All who want to partake will need to bind to the pledge. Additionally, don't forger to sign up your hunting party in the OOC thread here!
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"Your Majesty," Roshon said as she strolled over to join the hunt, pausing to give a dramatic bow as she came up to Rhodes.

"I can't speak for R'lyeh, but if I manage to get my teeth into the prey first, all I'd ask for is the public announcement that I'm an amazing Hunter slash Genius. Although, if you wanted to wear matching outfits to an event, I'd be open to that, too. We could pretend like it wasn't on purpose and act all offended. I'd lose Who Wore It Best, obviously, but I'm alright with that. Could be a lot of fun, that's all I'm saying," she finished with a shrug.

She wasn't exactly trying to take the piss out of the Autumn King, but she was Courtless for a reason.
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

4. Likes Aeolus, , Xadun liked this post

Presence
    (Wilting Wallflower)
    Socially Small
    Ashley Green

Mask: 5' 5" with frizzy blonde hair. Skin and bones. Commonly wears gardening gloves.

Mien: Ash grey skin, except from elbows and knees down, which are lime green and sticky with sap. Crimson eyes. Drooping elf ears. Hair is actually straw. Covered in burn scars.

Mantle: Flickering candlelight reflected in her eyes.

PRE

The grey Wizened sidles about in the wake of the displaced hunting horn, following Rhodes to his destination without trying to seem to obvious or desperate about it.

"King Rhodes. I believe when last we spoke you mentioned you might have jobs for me and knowledge of the occult to share. If you remember that conversation. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. I suppose it was a while back ago now. And I don't leave the most distinct impressions. But! This may be an opportunity for me to show my use! It... probably wasn't what you had in mind when you mentioned either offering. But it would be shameful of me not to take this opportunity when presented to me."

...Also, what a riotous grab bag of animal parts the Changeling beside her was. But she looked pretty spiffy in a suit.
    Wizened Woodwalker | Autumn Mantle 1: flickering candlelight reflected in her eyes.

6. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

(Making an effort to give a speech.)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Continued from (2109) Autumn Equinox...

Gerrit waited for an opportune moment to speak to Rhodes and it was only then that he noticed two unknown Lost talking to the Dread Lord. An Elemental? A Wizened? The grey elf made some buried memories of the Ogre flash briefly - walking into the Hedge with Ethan and returning without him, planning to plant flowers in Vivian's garden - but he forced them away. Get a grip.
    The other one looked vaguely familiar, but Gerrit couldn't quite place them. He hadn't talked to them yet, that much was for certain.. but they were an impressive sight to behold. 'Majestic' came to mind, as well as 'curious' and 'wild'. Gerrit did his best not to stare - something made easier by Rhodes' magnetic and striking appearance.

He looked even more enchanting than usual - it reminded him of a less pronounced version of what Seraphina did at her Coronation and Gerrit was incredibly thankful to have a Darkling as Monarch - and both his attire and his posture demanded respect and admiration. When nobody else was speaking Gerrit meekly took a step forward and actually bowed his head.
    "Dread Lord Rhodes, Ashen Sovereign and Director of our Freehold. I won't bore you with explanations or excuses, but I would like to apologize for my tardiness. I would also like to congratulate you for this coming season of your reign - may your knowledge and expertise keep us safe not only this season, but for the whole year and I hope we can continue working together as we did lately."

failure

The words were right, but although Gerrit tried his best to make up for his faux-pas he was anything but a great speech-giver. In any case, it would have to do.

He waited for Rhodes' response before going anywhere else or socializing with the Freehold's other residents.

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Continued from (2109) Party Animals...

R'lyeh comes skulking behind Roshon. Eyes darting and lips attached to her fingers and she gnaws on the meat she'd swiped from the food table. Quickly she finishes it up, eyeing Gerrit as he speaks. She nods. He sounds good. She's licking her oily black fingers and chewing on stubborn meat bits and the grease left behind.

Wiping her hands off on the seat of her pants, she looks up and, "....hi...." comes her voice, enforced by a oil-black hand raised as she waves.

ST Note: Cayce remember you need to feed 1 Glamour into the Wyrdstone as a Courtless ling to keep Status 1 for this Season!
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Director watched the interested partied gathering around. Roshon as given a curious look - clearly the reference was lost on the Dread Lord. Though still, he smiled. "You do not have to declare your desire straight away. I recommend thinking on it - I don;t give these things out freely, you know."

Emerald eyes settles on Ashley. "My dear, All who pass through here make some manner of impression. I was hoping we might share of your horticultural expertise and begin growing some Goblin Fruit - perhaps reinforce this Hollow a little with your talents. Any other topics, I'm sure we can discuss as a Court together."

Gerrit's words were clumsy, but the intent was well-made. Besides, the Ogre had shown himself to be a reliable source for the time being. The Autumn King inclined his head. "Not at all, Gerrit. Welcome. Those here are curious in a little tradion I am reviving for this year's Fall celebrations, the Autumn Hunt." He watched the Winter carefully. "Perhaps you would like to partake? Or discuss it with some friends first. But all must register tonight - the hunt ends when the throne passes or the quarry is caught and killed or returned to me - whichever happens first. Think on it - but don't take too long." The easy smile returnes.

The smile draws a little as Ryleh slinks arounf Roshon to observe. "Ah, and it seems your partner in the Hunt has arrived, am I right?" he glances between the Chimra and the living shadow. "Rlyeh, yes? You spoke with the Spring Queen recently. She enjoyed the time you spent together." He watched Rlyeh again. "Fear is a part of you, isn't it? I can tell. There is no shame in that. But if you wish to understand that... even control it - perhaps we should talk a little more, if that concept interests you."

He looke dup and around. "We will gve it a little longer and I will explain the finer details of the Hunt. One announcement is enough for the evening - I'm sure there is much gossip to share besides my little adventure."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

10. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

After Rhodes' response, Roshon really wanted to ask for the matching outfits thing, now, but she realized that would probably be a no go. At least for now. Eventually Rhodes might warm up to it.

In the meantime, though, Roshon turned to smile at R'lyeh as she waked up, the mix-matched miner's eyes quickly tracking down to the plate of food held in her friends oily hand.

"Damn, girl, I totally forgot my plate. See, this is why she's the brains in the duo,"
    Roshon joked, gesturing with her thumb back at her hunting partner.

Ima tag the wyrdstone on the way out
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

12. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

(Whisper)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

John wasn't much for front and center so he stuck to the back for now, noting the new arrival name Ashley from earlier, occultist, likely Autumn. Stand back, listen, watch. Happy as Gerrit did better than John likely would have at attempting such a public of an apology. He would likely stammer through most of it. He was getting better but it still wasn't anything he liked to do. It was sincere, that was the important part to John.

He stood there, still in the back as the soft introduction of R'yleh caught his eyes. He looked over, tried to make eye contact without pushing for it and offered them a soft smile in return. No words in return, just the soft silence of the moment until more words came and he looked away towards Rhodes. He needed to talk to the oil slick amalgamation and the others, he had to find the time.

"Up to you. I'll let the Thane know it's tonight or nothing." Maybe that had come out stiffer, a little more cold than he had intended. It had been an honest reaction, him reacting as the Winter Monarch instead of John in that moment. Tighter and tighter the webs weave. His stillness held, feed rooted to the floor his thumb and forefinger rubbing at the seem of his pocket as he turned to ask Rhodes the first question on his mind. "Before I bombard you with questions; I take it we're waiting for the appointed hour to disseminate it all at once?"

Then as he waited for his answer he froze but his lips slowly moved as he whispered out quietly before the shadows ate it, and spit it back out to its intended target. The shadows always heard, heard everything, were everywhere. Everywhere.

Whisper To Cassandra

Cassandra Reeding

Goes by the name: John

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie came bouncing over, smiling to herself.

"Hello, hello, hello!" she greeted everyone gathered around Rhodes. "All eager to hunt the wild snipe, eh? Sounds like fun!" She looked among them curiously, "So, we forming teams or something?"

Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm appears, hot-dog-paper-wrapped present in hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to announce the formation of an unbeatable team," he declares boldly. "Circe, Liam, and Worm. Reporting for duty."

Glancing around. "Is there a sign up sheet or something?"

Suddenly, the Goblin looks as if he's remembered something important: "Oh and congratulations, Dread Lord," a flourishing bow. "I got you a present," he straightens and sets the present down on the shelf next to the horn. It's a fairly large box, but obviously not too heavy by the way Worm handles it.

Continued from Friends At the Table...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread