Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Nexus III) Jennifer, Kaze, and Milton

Sep 29, 2021 : Nexus III
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

As Jennifer embraces and kisses the man, Milton attempts to conceal his surprise. As well as he can.

Hide Emotion, 1 success

So this is Steve. Clearly still breathing. A member of her herd? Something more? Some sort of paramour? The affection seems authentic enough.

Nothing to do but play along.

Milton extends a hand to the newcomer, "Please, call me Milton," he says with a glance to Jennifer. He's public about his name, still at an age that he does not need to assume an alias.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." He attempts to project a sense of friendliness, to charm Jennifer's...companion. But, as always, he comes off as a cold fish.
    failure

Continued from Nexus III...
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

2. Likes , , Ruach, , pisces liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze lingers just a little in Jennifer's embrace.

Then, grinning, he seems not to notice Milton's failure to project a warm welcome and grins right at him with all the warmth Milton had failed to express.

"Hey, sure. 'Milton'." Kaze says, not initiating any hand shake but not seeming repelled or put off at all.

"So," Kaze says looking around. "First time?" He asks Milton.

Then he is called to by a new arrival, a young woman, and answers, "Oh hey! Maya! Over here!"

"She's moving in to share my place. We have some common, you know, work goals. She does some special security that I'm trying to learn." Kaze explains to Jennifer as Belle makes her way over.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes , , liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Continued from Nexus III...

Belle saunters over; again, looking fairly casual in comparison to most folks out tonight. She stops just short of Kaze to offer another friendly wave. "Wassup, Roomie? Fancy seeing you out tonight." She looks over to Jenn, offering a handshake. "Are you Jenn? Hi! I'm Maya; Steve and I are work buddies. It's such a pleasure to meet you in person." And so soon too.

The gentleman appears to be either constipated or just numb. Looks like we have enough wheels to make a bicycle...a bicycle with one square tire. She gestures to Milton. "So, who's your friend?" Kaze seems to be comfortable around him; but that doesn't mean the Warlock couldn't have a little fun at someone's expense.

6. Likes , Ruach, , liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer lays a hand over Kaze 's lightly
    A pleasant smile on her face. It looks like the two would get along wonderfully.
    Jennifer took a moment to try and give Milton a reassuring look. For every kindred had their Gifts, and this cold meeting might not be Milton's. Jennifer gave a warm smile as her date exuded all of the warmth. She lightly squeezed his hand.

Jennifer looks over when he called to someone. Seeing the someone was a woman, who knows what Steve calls himself, Jennifer brightened.
    "A friend to Steve is a friend to me. Please call me Jenna."

It seems like Maya knew her name. Jennifer accepted the handshake, giving a deceptively strong grip, yet careful not to make Maya uncomfortable. Maya indicated Milton.

"My friend, Milton." She adopted what he had used to introduce himself.

Sharing Chris's place... She wanted to mention if Maya would also love the beauty of what was in Chris's home, what he had showed her. Jennifer hoped that Maya could benefit from it, but best not to mention anything like that around ears. And she'd used an old name...

8. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Oh yes," Milton replies to Steve. "First time. I have a feeling I'll be returning. It is quite the...remarkable space." Though he can't quite say why. Bland, brown eyes glance about them, taking everything in again.

"So, what is it that you do, Steve?" Milton inquires, sounding for all the world like an uptight father asking after the employment status of his daughter's suitor. Even if that's not his intention.

And then: Maya. Another mortal.

She casually gestures in his direction and speaks about him and not to him. Both of these things instantly annoy Milton. His Beast, sensing disrespect, hisses darkly and there's a tightening at the base of his skull.

Again, he attempts to hide his discomfort, to put on a welcoming facade.

failure

But he's afraid a flicker of his annoyance may be apparent on his waxen features. Oh well.

A small smile to Jennifer when she provides the introduction before looking back at Maya, forcing himself to blink once or twice: "Yes, Milton Northbridge. A pleasure, Maya." A glance at Steve, "I hear you're to be Steve's roommate...?" He asks, as if the concept is unfamiliar to him.

Indeed, the arrangement seems quite primitive to the Lord. Who would want to share their space like that? While he technically occupies the same estate as Jacque, Milton doubts Steve's accommodations are as vast as the Ventrue Mansion.

10. Likes , aliaro, Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles when Belle comes over and his smile broadens when Jenna accepts her warmly, and his smile doesn't even falter when Belle pokes at Milton though he does notice that Milton doesn't seem to be open to that kind of teasing.

"What she said!" Kaze smiles, and says, "Any friend of Jenna's is a friend of mine!" After all, Jenna did introduce him as a friend, not a co-worker or family member.

Kaze grins at Milton Northbridge's question, "Well, you know...I feel like everyone here has, like a 'day job' and then some under the table stuff, you know, so to speak." He says. "So, yeah. I have a pretty small trust fund that let's me try out things, and right now I'm trying acting. It's going pretty well so far."

Kaze looks around, taking in the growing number of...people, recognizing Cassandra from Garden Grounds, and Connor from the movie night at the bookstore.

"The 'under the table' stuff...I guess that's what's so special about tonight, here. I wouldn't even bring it up, except, you know, here and now. I mean, I can't really talk about it, but tonight, we can kind of...let things show, right?"

Kaze gestures and chants in a mysterious, alien sounding language, and his hands are suddenly surrounded by all the colors of the rainbow, splitting the visible white light around them into all the visible colors of light like a prism!

2 successes

"I mean, you know, just a little." Kaze says, grinning.

No Manna cost for Improvised due to Path controlling arcana Force/Obrimos.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

12. Likes , aliaro liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Improvised Casting: Prime 2)Mana 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Belle feels the strength in Jenna's grip. Kind of like Kaze. Girl either works out or she's got something running through her. "Of course, nice to meet you Jenna."

Something about the man's introduction sets Belle to thinking...
    2 successes

"Northbridge? That's like, old-school nobility right? New England maybe?" Explains the dress code and the discomfort. She extends a handshake, an olive branch between old blood and fresh blood. "Sorry for messing with you, Milton. You're a friend of a friend, so you're cool." She nods in response. "Yeah, Steve was nice enough to open up his place since I'm new in town. We're a pretty awesome team." That was a little big of bragging; after all, they hadn't really done anything crazy dangerous yet. But, Belle was truly confident that Kaze had her back, and she had his.

It takes her a minute to recognize what Kaze is doing until he's conjured a frickin' rainbow around his hands.
    Oh...my...shit Belle hides her initial shock behind a pleasantly surprised smile, waiting for the universe to implode. But it doesn't...Jenn and Milton aren't reacting with Disbelief. Oh...so I guess it's okay here? Okay Mr. Mysterious Sky Tower, let's do some live theorycrafting.

1 success

2 successes

"Well, while we're wearing our hearts on our sleeves." Belle pulls on the deepest of Magics and transforms the color of her clothing to mimic tiny hearts, like Valentine's Day-themed chicken pox. "I've always wanted to try that one!" She beams at Kaze. Sometimes a girl just had to show off and feel good about it.
    Artifact

14. Likes , Ruach, aliaro liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer looks to Milton as he asks after Steve, a bit curious.
    "Oh, that is gorgeous." Jennifer studied Steve's hands for a moment, surprised. "I haven't seen you do that before. It is so pretty!"
    "The things we feel we cannot talk about have secrecy around them for a reason. I appreciate you trusting us and showing something special."

Jennifer smiles as Maya refers to herself and Steve as an awesome team. It is good for Steve to have good allies, especially if Belle is strong in an area that Steve is not, which she thinks she recalls Steve mentioning earlier. Yin and yang. The surprising transformation drew a wide eyed look of awe, before Jennifer smoothed her face to one of politeness.
    "I'm glad to hear that, Maya. It is so important to have good friends." She replies sincerely.
    "That is quite special.
    What is it that you like to do, Maya?"

A glance to Milton. "I do hope that you return. I thought that you might like the new and interesting people. A bit differnent than the Yacht Club."

3 successes
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Rainbow production, clothing alteration. Miracles occur.

Milton looks between Steve and Maya. Back again. Gob-smacked. Unblinking.

Unbelieving eyes glance to Jennifer, then back to the Mages.

"Well...I..." Unsure of how to continue. The fear of the Beast at an unknown quantity warring with the curiosity (even wonder) of the Man.

"That is...quite the display. But, and I ask this with all due respect, how?"

They are not Kindred. Milton is quite sure of that. What else does that leave? What strange creatures these?

18. Likes , Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, nodding as Belle elaborates on their new partnership. "Totally!" He agrees.

He grins as Jennifer engages Belle in her calm, classy, academically curious way. He knew she'd be fine with it, but he's relieved to see his intuition about Jenna confirmed again. She's actually seeming beyond supportive!

Kaze grins boyishly at Milton, "You know, 'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy...', and all that." He quotes.

"Seriously, the easy labels would sound familiar but really be all wrong. It's not really like Hogwarts," Kaze says, grinning again, "Just say some people see things differently, like from a different angle, and from seeing things that way, can maybe give something a push and change things that look to everyone else like it can't change like that, you know? Like light."

He smiles and looks to Milton. "How about you? How would you describe what's different about you, that gets you into a place like this?" Kaze asks curious as much about Milton's perspective as about his supernatural nature.

20. Likes Endymion, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread