DISPLAYED
Kaze bumps into Belle

Moving day
Oct 2, 2021 - Oct 23, 2021
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze is out in the afternoon, running some errands and recognizes a familiar face.

"Oh hey! Belle, right?" Kaze asks. "Steve, remember? So yeah, hey are you doing anything right now or do you wanna get some coffee?" He says, indicating a Starbucks on the corner. "Totally not hitting on you, by the way, I promise. I am dating someone right now, actually. But I really like getting to know people, if you're cool with that."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle had just gotten out of Corn's bookstore, having absolutely fallen in love with the place in moments. She'd been honestly impressed with the layout and the broad variety of subjects; all of mundane interest, but that was what made them great. An anchor to the world of the living and the down-to-earth. She'd been looking for a local coffee shop to slake some thirst when...

"Hey Kaze! Oh, shoot! I think I forgot to tell you, that's my pen-name. Call me Maya." She'd been so caught up in acknowledgement and Mysterium business that she'd forgot to give her Mage friends her Sleeper name. No biggie. He means well. She does give him a raised eyebrow at the insistence that this was platonic. ​Yep, knew he wasn't single. "Totally cool; but if we make out after the second latte, I'm definitely calling your girlfriend." She gives him a wink. The best part about the cute guys was making them sweat for no damn reason. She was kind of evil like that. She gestures towards the Starbucks. ​"I was looking to get something to drink anyway. Let's go." And so a Theurgist and a Warlock walked into a coffee shop...
    Artifact

4. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, 'Maya', cool." Kaze says, trying it out and saying it again. "Maya. Nice!"

He heads into the Starbucks with Belle and grabs a table. "So, I'm good for it, order whatever you want, and I'll pay, since it's my invite." Kaze says, going up to the order line.

Kaze laughs at Belle's 'make out' warning! "Okay, thanks for the warning, good to know!" He says, grinning.

"So how about you, Maya? How are you settling in? Like, do you have a place yet, are you seeing anyone?" He asks, grinning.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle smiles brightly as she takes a seat. "Living dangerously I see. Alright, I'll go easy on you: double-shot caramel latte." She wasn't planning on spellcasting anytime soon, so no need to worry about her voice. She's glad Kaze takes her joke in stride; she certainly wasn't trying to send any signals, though she certainly appreciated the Mage's looks. Lucky gal, whoever she is...

She accepts the drink from Kaze when he returns, taking a short sip to judge the bitterness of the espresso vs the sweetness of the caramel. "Yeah, I've got a pretty nice apartment in the city. No frills, nothing secure enough for 'business', but it's cozy and has a roof." 'Business' of course referring to magical things. She preferred a little extra security for her Sanctums. The mention of 'seeing someone' does draw a raised eyebrow. Somebody looking to matchmake? She resists the urge to snap at Kaze about how women shouldn't be defined by their relationships...which is bullshit because sympathy; she's just bitter. "I've been hanging out with Alice. We've been meeting off and on for some training sessions at the clubhouse. Some self-defense stuff, working on my physique." The Arrow was a good person to bounce her passions off of; she was honest, hardworking, and a total badass. "And I just came from the local bookstore; you know the one? It's sooooo nice! And so many great collections."

"And what about yourself? Word on the grapevine is that somebody is showing up at quite a few auditions around the city, Mr. Male Engenue." Belle sips again from her coffee cheekily. The spotlight wasn't her thing, but the people who thrived in it fascinated her. And it was always fun to see familiar names in the credits.

3 successes

8. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs easily when Belle pretends to threaten to run up the bill and grins and says, "Thanks." when she says she will show mercy and order modestly.

He nods when Belle describes her place. "That sounds great, Maya!" He exclaims. "Wow, you work fast!"

"If you want to look around sometime for a good space to split between living and working, I have a pretty good eye for that kind of thing." Kaze offers somewhat obliquely referencing the Obrimos affinity for Prime. "Besides, I have a truck, so let me know if you need any help hauling furniture or stuff."

He nods again when Belle mentions hanging out with Alice. "That's perfect!" He says. "She's awesome, and could use a friend too, just, you know, cause she can kind of get 'all work and no play' if there's no one to drag her out to have fun every once in a while." He says with some obvious affection and respect for Phoenyx. He passes on the invitation oportunity to comment on Belle's physique.

"Oh yeah, Jacob's family has a great bookstore." Kaze agrees. "They have movie nights sometimes too, you know, like a literary tie in, show some movies, sell some books it's based on. Last time they did 'Benjamin Button' and 'Fight Club'."

"Wow, you're really good!" Kaze exclaims, impressed when Belle alludes to his acting and tryouts around Sacramento. "I don't think even Alice has noticed that, and she's known me for ever!" He says, laughing.

"Seriously, though. I'm still kind of a newbie at acting, and, you know, I know I get some opportunities because of the whole, 'genetic lottery' thing, so it's cool. I'm working hard on learning enough acting chops to make the most of the chances I get, however I get them." Kaze says with a grin.

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle catches the reference to Kaze's Prime magic and nods gratefully. "I'd sure appreciate the help. I'm itching for a nice remote office somewhere, maybe with a home library." And eventually a nice hidey-hole to port to if/when things got rough.

She's glad to hear that Kaze and Alice are such good friends. "Oh my gosh, she's amazing! And yeah, we're kind of alike in that respect; part of my time here is making sure I have a healthy social life as well as advancing in my work-studies. Though I'm really happy she agreed to help me train. She's an awesome coach!" Even if the memory of that dagger in the side was still present. But they'd both learned from it, and gained a greater respect for each other. The mention of the bookstore movie nights catches her mid sip. "Shut up! Oh man, we've got to go to the next one. I'll be keeping an eye out for their next movie night." And maybe get a glimpse of the mysterious girlfriend.

Kaze's attitude is infectious, and Belle grins. "Just something I learned from back home; keep your ear to the ground and there's no telling what opportunities will crawl out of the woodwork. This ain't LA, but there's a big enough starving artist community that word gets around." She nods approvingly, glad to hear Kaze wasn't looking to coast on his laurels, as good looking as those laurels were. "Glad to hear you're putting in the effort. It's a cutthroat industry, but I'm sure you've got the commitment to go big."

She leans back a bit in her chair, luxuriating in the warm coffee settling into her system. "Well, seeing as how I'm fairly new here, do you have any recommended hangouts? Someplace away from work I mean." The Circle was amazing and all, but she was hoping to learn about the local nightlife. Places to dance, get some drinks, maybe have one of those girl's nights she'd talked about with Phoenyx.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles agreeably, "Sure! It'd be fun to drive around, and walk around neighborhoods, you know, checking out the lay of the land and all." He says with a grin.

He enthusiastically agrees with Belle's assessment of Phoenyx! "She sure is! She's a great training partner. Pushes hard." Kaze says thoughtfully as if remembering. Then in a conspiratorial tone he says, "So, what kind of training do you already have? Cause I'll tell you a secret, grappling isn't her strength, at least it wasn't when I sparred with her last, but it's been a over a year."

"Yeah!"
    He agrees. "Jacob should totally do another one. The woman I'm dating, Jenna really enjoyed it last time, and I did too." Kaze offers.

He shrugs and grins, "I got pretty lucky, I guess. I got a part on a pilot they're shooting to pitch to Amazon's video streaming service. It's a decent part too, like third lead. I actually wasn't sure I wanted it at first, because it seemed kind of obvious they just wanted me for a 'look' they were going for, and also I kind of felt like I didn't deserve it over more experienced actors, but hey; I figured, I'll take what I get and just work hard to deserve it and do the best I can."

Kaze laughs, "Honestly I haven't been much better than Alice! I mean, I just hit like little tea shops and Starbucks and ethnic restaurants. Josh is the guy who knows the clubs, and Chris. Oh, and Madison. She's the one up to now who's been dragging Alice out to the night life." He admits. "I have to work on my dance moves. There's one place that always does a Halloween thing with costumes that's kind of a tradition. I met Jenna there. I was Superman. It's called 'Reverence'."

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Sweet! I'll be sure to let you know when I've got time for a road trip." The Obrimos was generous.

"I know, right? A total badass!" She debates on sharing the story of her stab wound, but maybe some other time when people wouldn't overhear her and wonder why she wasn't in a wheelchair. "Blades mostly. The shorter and sweeter the better. I've used swords and maces before, but they're a bit harder to lug around unnoticed." She thinks about her sparring with Phoenyx; the Arrow hadn't tried grappling her, maybe that was why. "Not surprised she didn't mention it. I'm still improving with my hand-to-hand myself."

And so now she had a name. "Jenn, that sounds nice." Names had power to the right people, and she was the right people. She nods approvingly as Kaze relates his recent success story. "That's awesome Steve! And hey, you've got your foot in the door. And I have faith in you, the performance world doesn't have enough guys who are nice and talented." Reign it in girl, he's taken. But she really did mean the encouragement. Kaze had already been far more open than most regular people would be to a new face, and more than most Mages too.

She chuckles at the mention of Kaze's dance moves.
    "Well, maybe that's something I can teach you. My stepmom was a dancer, and she made sure I got some lessons in-between work trips." Weird; she hadn't really talked about her stepmom to anyone in Sacramento yet. Her smile becomes a little forced as she dares to relive regretful memories. She hides behind her coffee cup and takes another long sip. "A costume bar? Sounds like fun!" She throws herself into a new, exciting topic with no baggage attached. "I'm not really one for making costumes, but I can wear the heck out of 'em." Funny how Halloween lost a bit of its charm when you know the world is already strange enough, with its own witches and warlocks.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins when Belle says she's up for road trips! "I'll look forward to that." He says.

He listens attentively as Belle describes her weapons training, nodding as she talks. "I like swords. I have a katana. I'm really looking forward to, you know, someday getting a work exception to have access to it whenever, you know?" Kaze says quietly enthusiastic.

"Anyway though, I spent a lot more time and training on unarmed combat. I always have my hands and feet, you know?" He says. "Even if I have access, someone can always gang up or grab me from behind or something, so it's good to have at least escape moves down pat." Kaze says seriously. "She's pretty good at striking. Really quick. If you can land some really solid shots though, she can get into trouble. Landing them is the problem though." He says with an appreciative smile of respect for Phoenyx's abilities like they are old rivals from many sparring sessions. "Really good reflexes too; you should ask her for a ride on the back of her bike sometime if you really want a thrill!" Kaze says, laughing!

"Oh, yeah well thanks. Talented is still a work in progress, but nice I can own." Kaze says with a grin. "They're filming in New Mexico, so I am not totally sure which is better, if Amazon picks it up or not. Either way tho, it's exposure. I've already got some offers for commercials from it. If I can get a frequent flyer thing figured out through work, the travel wouldn't be so bad, though."

"Oh wow, thanks! I mean, no pressure, but that would be really great if I could get some lessons!" Kaze agrees enthusiastically when Belle offers to help with his dancing! "I could trade and teach you Kung Fu if you're interested." He offers. "Wow, yeah Madison said something about her family being performers too. It sounds like it could be a little rough, you know, moving around all the time. My dad was a salesman and a jazz performer, and I went on some trips with him, but mostly stayed home with my mom and grandfather growing up." He says thoughtfully.

"Oh off the shelf is fine. It's not one of those deals where everyone is cos playing or anything; just a fun party. With dancing."

17. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Kaze's mention of a katana pulls Belle forward, leaning in with a shocked smile. "Shut up! That's so cool! Not that I'd hope you'd need to use it too soon, but still." She nods in agreement with Kaze's need for readiness. "Yeah, that's what I'm working on too. I've never really needed it before, given..." She makes a hole with one hand and mimics jumping through it with a napkin, complete with swooshing noise. That's how portal metaphors work, right? "Oh! Sounds like there's a history behind that tidbit of advice." She cheekily winks at Kaze, honestly wondering what Phoenyx's face must've looked like after her defenses had been breached. A bit of smugness creeps into her smile as she imagines the stoic Arrow's face warped with shock and frustration.

She thinks a little on Kaze's offer of trading knowledge, tapping her finger on the lid of her coffee cup. "You know what, I think I might take you up on that. Maybe you'll end up impressing Jenn, and I'll end up impressing Alice. We'll see what happens." She shrugs. "Though I think Alice is already offering to teach me something along the same lines, so we'll call the dance lessons a favor." She certainly didn't want to lose her special time with the Arrow.

"Good to know Sacramento caters to those who can't sew to save their lives. I'll have to keep an eye out this Halloween." She'd been getting into KPOP recently, and she'd been getting quite a few costume ideas from it.

"So, on the topic of Halloween and holidays in general; are there any crazy work activities I should know about around those days? Any raid boss events?" Funny way of asking 'is Halloween crazy for Mages'.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread