THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

2. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck sat in his usual spot, dressed simply in jeans and a t shirt. The summer heat wouldn't allow otherwise, at least not yet. September meant the days of summer had already started to wane and the Acanthus was all the happier for it.

Like every other millenial, he fiddled with his phone until something else caught his attention.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Using the directions Crystal had given her, Belle enters the Circle of Creation for the very first time...

The wonder of the place is not lost on the young Warlock. She takes in the grand entryway, that first step hitting her with that ethereal humidity that told of magic in the air. Yep, this is the place alright. Her eyes flit between doorways and hallways and nooks and crannies, as if looking for avenues of attack or escape. Not that she looked afraid; if anything Belle had the awestruck smile of a history buff in the midst of a great museum.

And then, at the edge of her hearing, she catches the tell-tale sounds of a cellphone being played with.

Following her gut, she eventually sees Puck lounging.
    Crystal wasn't kidding: this place is laid back. She walks up to a reasonable distance and gives a wave. She's dressed in civilian clothes: white top and jeans with a shoulder purse. The only other noticeable accessory is an obsidian ring on her right hand.

"Hi, I'm Belle! I'm new here."
    Artifact

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

There is the sound of light footfalls as the First Talon of the Adamantine Arrows makes her way down the corridor. Hearing a female voice, she walks in.

Dressed in her usual light pants and top, daggers on hips and gun under arm, she glances between the two mages present. "Councillor," she greets Puck before looking to the new magus.

"My name is Phoenyx, First Talon of the Adamantine Arrow and Councillor of the Golden Key," she says to Belle, by way of introduction. "Are you here to become recognised by the Concillium of Sacramento?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

8. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Last month was skipped. Why? Why not? Not like anything ever got done and they would all sit there with their thumbs at their asses passing time. No thanks. She had beer to brew that day, and paint to watch dry.

But today was different. She felt like the weight of the world was off her shoulders!

Long, legs, clad in black leather, carry her confidently into the room. A white burnout shirt under a black blazer, blonde hair windblown behind her. Carefully she sipped on a coffee as she approached, spotting Phoenyx, then the new face, and yah, Puck was there as well.

Smiling happily to the Arrow, “Hey Phoenyx! How are you doing?” blue gray eyes turn to the new girl, who had a friendly presence to her. They needed more of that around here,

“Hey! I’m Aurora, Shaman of the Mysterium, welcome.” Her smile friendly. This wasn’t really her thing anymore, she wasn’t Councilor, not her circus, not her fucking monkeys.

A nod offered to Puck, “Puck.”

10. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Belle immediately caught Puck's attention. Not only were new faces somewhat rare, the appreciation for the Circle wasn't usually shared by those who had been here for a while. He made a point to look at his phone rather then stare, only glancing up on occasion to notice her. The childlike grin slowly spilling forth gave him away though, and as he slid his phone into his pocket he stood up to greet the new girl.

"I'm Puck. Councilor of the Acanthi and lone Libertine of the Sacramento Assembly." That last part was his fault. Or victory? He still wasn't sure about that. As Phoenyx and Aurora join the gathering Puck offers them each a nod of acknowledgement.

"Ladies." He's still standing. The Enchanter knew to stand when a lady enters the room. He did have some manners, however fleeting they end up being.

"So what brings you to Sacramento?"

Attention is back on the new girl Belle. Time to start thinking up hazing rituals.

12. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn enters the Consilium, suntanned instead of pale for a change, with a fresh haircut and the aura of 'I am just back from vacations, it was lovely'. He seems in good mood, if a bit tired. Perceptive mages would notice his wedding ring, a simple enough band of gold, is on his left hand and he carries a small leather bag. He wears an opened buttoned, multi-colored aloha shirt over a white t-shirt and casual dark trousers. It is a great deviation from his usual dull and somber colored clothing choices.

Corn spots some familial faces and a new one.
    "Greetings all!" he says with a smile. Opening his bug, he picks out a few tiny, sealed, decorative bottles that hold about a shot's worth of a clean alcoholic liquid.
    "This is Kalani Liqueur, a kind of sweet coconut liqueur, from my honeymoon in Mexico! I have enough for everyone. I can't have Guru overshadowing me every time. After you consume the liqueur - which I found out you can also put in home-made icecream to give it an exotic taste - you can wash the bottle, fill it with colored sand or something similar and use it for decoration."
    Turning to the newcomer, he gave her a nod and with a more measured demeanor, he introduced himself.
    "Corn, Moros of the Mysterium order. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I work in a bookstore and I am in Sacramento for a bit less than a year. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

14. Likes Ruach, , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle returns Puck's smile. He certainly looked the part of a devil-may-care free thinker. You'd think there be more Libertines out here. But, if Belle's own history was anything to go by, opiniated mages tended to drift off on their own paths. "Nice to meet you, Puck of the Acanthus." There's just a hint of humor behind the formal greeting.

More Mages arrive, and Belle takes in Phoenix and Aurora.
    She thinks back to when she'd ribbed Crystal about not knowing Phoenix's preferred attire. Apparently her preferred style is 'Lara Croft'. "That's the plan; can't wait to officially become a Mage of Sacramento! Pleased to meet you Phoenix." She glances briefly at the Arrow's blades. "Nice! I don't suppose you offer classes? I'm a bit of a knife gal myself, but haven't had too much actual combat experience." Her smile somehow gets broader and brighter at Aurora's introduction. "Hi, Aurora. You're with the Mysterium? That's where I'm looking to get started." Good Lord! Are all the magical people in this city models or something? She was starting to wonder if she'd somehow blundered into a CW show or something. Nah! Not enough... And then she starts observing their interactions with Puck ...drama. Oh boy.

And then, like a grand punchline, Corn walks in as if fresh out of a Travelocity commercial and introduces himself as a Necromancer. Yep. I'm gonna like it here. "Nice to meet you Corn." She respects the Moros' formal gesture by not immediately running with the number of vegetable puns she had running around in her head. "Bookstore, eh? Well, you'll have to let me know where it is. I've been looking to expand my library." She looks between Aurora and Corn. "I guess you guys are the ones I need to talk to about Mysterium stuff. What's the entry fee? Blood sacrifice?" She's honestly a bit light-headed with how quickly things are progressing. This city is looking more and more like the best place she could be right now.
    Artifact

16. Likes Ruach, , liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Call it the power of habit, but the Obrimos finds himself being dragged by his own feet to the Cathedral, despite last month's underwhelming meeting.
    He stands by the gates, a lit cigarette in his mouth, mumbling for a second, before he steps in. His attire is the usual casual, just jeans and a T.
    He slouchs on one of the empty benches, greeting those already there with a nod.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Aurora is given a smile. "I am good. Studying a lot lately, but it is productive.How are you doing?"

The Arrow watches the bottles curiously. "Did you have a good time away? I hear there is fascinating amount of history to study there."

Dark eyes focus upon Belle. "Usually I do self defense and meditation. No-one has asked about wepaons training before, but I would be more than happy to do so if you are interested. I operate out of the Circle, so just let me know when you are available. The same goes for anyone else," she adds, looking around the room.

Seeing Winter enter, she offers him a small nod.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread