Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
PrP TRoS The Mother of Grendel

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Continued from PrP TRoS The Scop's Tale...

This thread takes place 'soon' after The Scop's Tale. Not enough to refresh any blood expenditures (without a hunting roll), but enough to regain one willpower as normal when joining a new thread.

The Kindred regroup at Jennifer's haven.

Time is still of the essence. The time for research and trying to out play the raiders from a distance is at an end. If Geir was able to convince Erle to hide and leave, it is probably already too late. Sacramento's one hope to confront the mad Sea Queen is to hope she has demanded her group sacrifice to her gods. And that the local Kindred can take action fast enough, overcome their personal distrust and shake loose the malaise of time to head off the raiders.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward rose and took a couple minutes to carefully straighten his clothing. Right then, time to find out if they've moved.

Edward activated his phone's hotspot, switched his laptop over to that connection, and got to work. He'd walk the path he exposed last night to open a terminal with escalated permissions. Once that was finished, the first order of business was to use the boats GPS to find where it was, and if it had any course charted.

4 successes

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton emerges from the closet as discreetly as possible, taking a moment to rearrange his tie, don his suit jacket, and smooth out any wrinkles; frowning all the while. He would prefer to return to his haven for a change of clothes, but time is of the essence.

Upon exiting the bedroom and walking down the hall, he stumbles upon Edward using his computer. It appears that he is the only one of their party that has risen, so Milton finds himself in the distasteful position of having to speak with the Succubus. His Beast strains to flee the stronger predator, but decorum demands that Milton stand firm.

"Good evening, Mr. Heinrich. I hope you find yourself well rested." A pause as Milton glances at his phone. "I believe I have located the most likely site for the ritual our guest mentioned last night..." He turns his phone so Edward can see the area marked out on his Maps app. Anyone with knowledge of the domain will see that the pinned location is for the Crone Farm. "Have you encountered any other members of our cohort as of yet?"
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer checked that the prisoner was still in place. Stake firmly in place.
    That done, she looks for those rising.

"Good evening, Mr. Northbridge. I have likely found where the boat normally docks. Sacramento Marina in miller park. Although in checking the aps on the phone, the boat could have traveled 600 to 1000 miles.

In my look into Invictus records... There was mention of what the Rotgraften weakness is.
    I do believe that we should warn madame Wood that the crone farm may be visited."

Jennifer did believe she should do some follow up research, yet wanted to see if the others had any other information. To not go over the same topics.
    "I'll likely reach out to my academic orchestra to see if there's anything else that is relevant. Do you have any other information?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Milton could easily see the grinding shift of mental gears as Edward's attention was pulled away from the computer. It did not annoy Edward to be disturbed, it just took him a moment to regain his bearing.

"A good evening to you as well, Mr. Northbridge." Edward checks the maps. "How terribly concerning. I shall have access to the boat's GPS system shortly, assuming the occupants have not sabotaged their own vessel."

The thought of texting Mable crossed his mind, but Edward opted to wait since in a few short minutes he would know the truth.

"As for our cohort, it would seem we are the first to emerge." And with an apologetic smile, Edward turned back to his work.

Jennifer's words washed over him, but as his name was not mentioned, his focus did not break.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor wakes face down on the living room floor. He groans as he pushes himself up to his feet, readjusts his tie, and smooths any wrinkles on his jacket with his hands; a habit he still has yet to kick from his time before Kindred life. "Before the daysleep took me," he says in response to Jennifer's mention of the Rotgraften weakness "I was researching the weapon of Loki in the lore. There's quite a lot of lore on Loki, and most of it is conflicting. They all mention a singular weapon, but what that weapon is seems to be up for contention. The most common references were a flaming sword, a mistletoe dart, or a magic wand. It occurs to me, however, that being weak to Loki's weapon could also mean they are weak to shape shifters, as the Trickster god was one. Do any of those options match up with your research?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap rises from the stone floor with which he merged to sleep, and returns to the room where the others are now gathered.

He enters quietly, observing that nothing too disastrous seems to have happened since he left. The prisoner is still there, still staked. He doesn't yet see the Nosferatu who led them on this hunt, or the Archon or the Seneschal, but OBrien, Heinrich, Northbridge and Jennifer are all up and around.

"'Eve'ning." Dirt Nap says softly as he enters.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Very good, Mr. Heinrich," Milton replies. "If their boat is near the location I've identified, I believe we will have a solid target." When Jennifer enters the room, he leaves the Succubus to his work.

"Good evening to you, Priscus Hazelton," he says with a nod of respect. "I am glad you were able to find mention of this particular bloodline. What, exactly, is the weakness mentioned?" Milton's curiosity is both academic and practical. After all, it will serve them best if everyone knows the vulnerability of their foes.

"Ms. Wood previously provided me with her number at court. Would you like me to reach out to her? Or would you prefer it if someone with whom she is more...familiar make contact?" Kindred are suspicious creatures. Who knows if the Savage will believe Milton, a near-stranger, should he issue the warning.

"As for other information, I believe I was able to trace their route up until this point. Using local news sources, I identified a few, much smaller attacks along the Sacramento River, south of the domain and progressing north. It appears that this was their first target along the American river. Given the trend, I assume they will continue using the American river, rather than the Sacramento. Meaning, if they flee the domain, it will likely be to the East, along that waterway."

At that moment, Connor awakens. Milton looks away discreetly as the Haunt makes himself presentable. When he's found his feet, the Lord gives him a nod, "Good evening, Mr. O'Brien." Looking between Connor and Jennifer as he relates details of Loki's weapon, until his attention is pulled away by Dirt Nap's entrance. "Hello, Mr. Dirt Nap." Still a little confused by the name, though the origin of a Savage's appellation is the least of his concerns at the moment.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

15. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gestures for Liam to keep an eye on the prisoner in the tub, then focused on the kindred. Jennifer didn't want accidents.
    She considered what Addy had said to her over the course of the night. She would have to speak with him, privately. Yet she included him with a glance, if he wishes to join.

"Good evening, gentlemen."
    As Dirt Nap joined the group, Jennifer gave a nod to the four kindred present who had not managed to piss her off.

"On the weapon front, Mr. O'Brien, I discovered some references in my information on Invictus Knights.
    The Information is from the 1300s.
    The Invictus arranged for some of the Rotgraften to join after the Bloodline founder, Sigrun, went into Torpor.
    There's some mention that the " Sea Kings" believe Sigrun was divinely touched by the God, Loki.
    As they might have ties to the Circle, the Invictus used information to keep them loyal.
    The information was that they share the Mekhet weakness.

"I found some information on Lindesfarsne. It is widely considered the founding of the Viking age. However, when I cross checked with my occult tomes, I discovered something unusual."
    She states as she looks between Connor, Dirt Nap and Milton.
    "The dates do not match up. Lindesfarne occurred before the recorded emergence of the Rotgraften bloodline.

On the possible sites, Mr. Northbridge - there are a few Asatru and pagan sites in the area. The Crone farm is by far the most promising site
    I think you should contact Madame Woods. I am on hand if she wants to verify that information."

Jennifer looks between the four, glancing to see if Edward was listening, or working on the computer.
    " I looked into the language of Erle and Jarl a bit, as it was unfamiliar to me. It's an unconventional naming system, yet it's possible that Geir is Erle's son.
    On the boat front,"
    Jennifer paused in case Edward had been keeping an ear out for this information. Jennifer looks between Milton, Dirt Nap and Connor as she continues.
    " I looked into the aps on Dane's phone. It's possible that they could have traveled 600 to 1,000 miles along the river."

She paused for a few moments. Information dumps took a bit to process, and she didn't want to rush ahead. Part of being in this team was listening to other's ideas and areas of expertise. Jennifer believes that these kindred could have different experience or be knowledgeable in different areas. She waits for the information to be absorbed and possible questions about what she shared or for contributions.

She was considering Mr. Northbridge's contribution that they could track the boat down the American river.
    Martha and possible others could be recovered. The Rotgraften could be made to pay for this violation in Sacramento.

" When I was looking at the aps, I noted that there are contact information in the phone. I turned the phone off." She assured.
    " I'm hoping one of you can accompany me to dropping our prisoner to the ' the Closet'. Part of the resources available to the Domain, is a secure site for Torpored prisoners.
    Once he's secure, I would begin to try to triangulate the location of the contacts by hacking the communication site, if they haven't turned off the phones.
    Thoughts?"

Scourge, are you alright with my last rolls being extended hacking?

17. Likes Scourge, Ruach liked this post

Addy doesn't have too much to contribute, having spent the day dutifully guarding the torpored prisoner, ,but he volunteers to continue those duties by accompanying the corpse to the Closet.

The Kindred discuss and compare notes, keenly aware of the passing minutes. While it was one more minute to plan, even the perfect chess gambit eventually needed action. And in the real world, waiting too long meant skipping your turn.

Go for the hacking rolls.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread