Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
PrP (J&V) - What do Fetches Dream of?

PrP J&V - Starlight Dreaming (WdFDO?)
May 19, 2021 - Jun 15, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The message had been sent only the day before - it was a summons rather than anything else. Short notice, little detail, but clear.

Insid ethe Autumn Hollow, the hunge tree sttod in the centre, dominating the room. The walls of bookcases to one side looked fuller than before, and a desk had been added. The Autumn leaves shifted overhead, providing an opaque canopy through which no sky could be seen.

The Dread Lord stood wearing his Hedgespun coat of thunderclouds and usual suit, looking at Ram and those the Ogre had managed to pull together.

"Yes.... my apologies for the short notice, but I took the liberty of performing an Oneiroscope to assist in guiding your journey. No easy feat, given that I know next to nothing about the subject.... Nevertheless, it showed that tonight would be one of the best opportunities to reach your Fetch through the Skein." Rhodes looked between the Changelings before continuing.

"I recommend joining together in the dream of one of you once you bed down. If you move through dreams together you are less likely to be separated. The few times I have seen a Fetch's Dream they often believe themselves to be completelty human, so I see no reason that there should be anything unusual there. But be wary - Fetches can see through our masks. I have no idea if this applies to Dreams as well, but no sense sending you in there without forewarning." The Flowering smiles sinisterly. "And in case you wonder why I am being so helpful... Partly the Leaden Mirror holds much information on magic, and I see it as my duty to enlighten. But more pertinently... I dispise Fetches. They are borne of Keeper Magic, a stain on the mortal world. Anyone that looks to deal with their own will have my assistance."

He gestures to the grassy ground around the trunk. "I can oversee you while you sleep, or leave you to your devices; it is all the same to me." The Dread Lord moved over to the desk, looking to Ram.

Ram Titania Circe Gerrit

Welcome to the start of the PRP! I know some of you are capped on scenes - I've just mentioned you all so you can see the start. Don't forget to add your available willpower and Glamour (you can add equipment if you wish, but remeber you're heading into the dream!). When you join, if you want to get started right away, you can start with a Composure+Wits+Wyrd to hit the hay, needing 4suxx. When you get them you can describe your individual Dreams.

Leaving your own dream requires no roll.

You'll almost definately find the Oneiromancy Primer useful, so take a little time to read up on what can be done - most things boil down to Wits+Empathy+Wyrd and I'm sure Saber Sloth will point something out if I miss anything!

2. Likes Origins, , Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

Small note to fall asleep it's Composure+Wits+equipment, the things that involve Wyrd come in later, like crafting a Gate in your Dream is free, but traveling to another's Dream will require a roll, Wits+Empathy+Wyrd

4. Likes Xadun liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram walked through the Autumn hollow. He wondered if darkened ceiling always blocked out skylight, if it was just matching the black sky outside in the mortal world, or if in this part of the Hedge there simply was no sun. Maybe it was cynical, but his first guess was the last. Definitely felt in keeping with the Autumn King.

The Ogre felt a twinge of guilt at his thoughts. After all, it was Rhodes who’d gone out of his way to contact him about finding his fetch. The Flowering would probably be pleased to think he made Ram uncomfortable. Ram just thought the guy could be a bit of an overconfident ass when it came the philosophy of fear. That bit about casting a very hard oneiroscope for example and it being his duty to enlight.

Still, not going to let that get in the way of teamwork. Not when they agreed so readily on what was important. Like who the enemy was.

“So…,” Ram gave a small thoughtful huff “I guess we’ll meet up in my dream?” he suggested tentatively and scratched the base of horns while he thought if there was anything else he could say other than ‘hurry up and go to sleep’.

“I think I got taken about 30 or 40 years ago when I was… mid to late teens?” he didn’t sound at all sure “Probably from Sacramento? But other than that, not sure what else to tell you as far as what it is. Sorry.” Scratch. Shrug.

“Thanks for doing this Rhodes,” he said to King of Fear “Let’s get to this.”

2 successes

2 successes

It took the better part of an hour for Ram to finally clear his thoughts and enter a meditative sleep. Most of the thoughts it felt like he was clearing was how long it was taking and would anyone try to reach his dream before he was having it? Luckily, he was starting to get better at meditating. Or at least, remembering to bring a yoga mat when he did.

The sounds he noticed changed. The rustle of leaves becoming a shifting whispering sound. Ram opened his eyes, and sighed.

It was another battlefield. Another siege.

At the center was an enormous hour glass with sand pouring through it like water through Niagara. Around that stood a wall made of crystal, hollow and filled with pearls. Rabbits, turtles, and snails manned the ramparts. Pouring molten sand down the sides. In places the wall had been hit and the pearls spilled out, engulfing the invaders in a stream of shimmering cream that filled their mouths and choked them.

Ram stood on the far side of a circular field that extended from the wall. A clock face on which the entire city spun. With Hands that twirled in a massive arc. Anytime they hit a siege tower or a regiment they withered and aged to dust.

Ram sighed again and sat down at the edge of the dreamscape. Only way to beat this particular challenge.

Hurry up and wait.

And hum to distract himself from the slow motion war unfolding in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxVfQTuvI
    Glamour 7
    Willpower 5
    Equipment: Yoga mat
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

6. Likes Aeolus, Origins, Xadun liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe came out of an alcove in the Hollow, dressed in for comfort, having changed her attire. Fluffy slippers and a pillow would probably help maximize said comfort. She wasn't hesitant to come to Ram's aid not to assist Rhodes at his request. A good repertoire was important. Circe also had a tray of food, leftover from her own meal for anyone that wanted help in sleeping. She'd also a thermos.

In order to facilitate falling asleep, Circe's prepared repast was meant to be an aid. Soothing chamomile in the thermos, whilst a plastic container had cherry marinated turkey and pineapple chunks. There wre two extra serving just in case whilst the Summer queen already ate her own. "Food is ready if ya can't," Circe yawns, "Sleep. Tryptophan. No booze though," she looks to Rhodes, "That'd be not helpful for this right?"

Circe puts the victuals out of the way. Then gives a nod to Rhodes. Her tone is actually serious for once, "Thanks fer this Rhodes. I'm too much a thug," and she wasn't proud saying that about herself. Was this already a dream? "Ta lead my Summers in this kinda thing. I owe ya something nice fer this."

failure

Brownie's boon offered no benefit for this. She didn't craft or work, she was trying to sleep. And calming her mind wasn't so easy.

Annoying that is. She had to sooth her mind and wasn't about to get the chance to unload a few clips to do so. It wasn't a good way to promote others sleeping.

2 successes

2 successes

And Circe now had a dream outfit she liked that she'd have to see about making real. But how did she enter the battlefield of Ram's dreams?

Balloon. Big balloon, but balloon none the less. Circe had no idea why the giant red balloon was her entrance method. She wasn't a clown. Oh well, wait. Circe looks through the scope at the ramparts, "Awwwww. That is adorable and martial at the same time," she points the gun up, shooting once to help deflate the balloon.

Then she needed to find Ram. Oh, there he was. "Yooo!" Circe jumps down from the balloon, "Ram. Why are there bunny battlements?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Rhodes inclines his head and lets everyone bed down.

Eyes grow heavy....

The slowmotion war continues it's dance, the actors oblivious to the changelings appearing around them.

Titania Vincent last call!

Feel free to carry on. When you leave Ram's dream, there's no roll for Ram and it will be Wits+Emapthy+Weird for anyone else.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She heeds the Lord's call, outfitted in a fluffy nightgown and carrying her pillow and yoga mat.
    When she arrives, she greets her host, and then - unwilling to disturb the others - she falls straight into the dreaming.

The ocean is vast and placid. Gentle waves, rock her little steamboat as it sails through the currents. On the bridge, she's calmly basking in the sun, working on her tan.
    In the distance, a mile away, a furious battle is raging over the docks of a colossal city.

1 success

3 successes
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

11. Likes Xadun liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

The balloon was both unexpected and completely predictable as the vehicle of choice for the Queen of Summer.

“Yo!” he shouted back getting up slowly to greet her into his dream with a wave.

He looked again over the battlefield and sighed with a shrug “Because sometimes bunnies go to war too?” he suggested. He didn’t know. Either it was some distant Arcadian memory, a manifestation of the impatience he’d had while meditating, or a repressed childhood fear brought on by reading Watership Down at too early of an age. More likely, a combination. “In any case we hopefully won’t be sticking around to find out."

As if on que, a bridge, ocean, and docks formed behind them with Titania making her own unique entrance.

“And that looks like everyone,” Ram said clapping his hands together. The Ogre would have liked to have Gerrit or Anatole there as well since they had been the ones to encourage him to do this. However, this was only a fact finding mission, so maybe a smaller (more attractive) strike force would be good.

“Sooo,” he looked around his dream, more than ready to leave it behind “Let’s find this son of bi... " Right Titania "Gun."

The clock hands gave one final echoing tick before stopping as the hourglass cracked, leaving the dream deathly quiet. Then a hissing sound began as the wind changed direction. Dust and sand moved along the ground, forming a swirling cloud in front of the Render. Bits of glass joined and pearls bounced along the ground, picked up by the breeze. The hiss turned into rushing as the vortex became a translucent opalescent portal.

He wasn’t sure what they’d find on the other side. He turned to each of the women, gave a slight smile and ‘fuck it’ shrug before stepping in the direction of what he hoped was his fetch’s dream.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

13. Likes Origins, Xadun liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah well," she lets go of the balloon as she lands, "At least there isn't a clown attached ta this." Ram earns a nod and grin when he suggest bunnies go to war. "Ah. Just like warthogs are great at airstrikes."

Ram probably wouldn't get that pun. And Titania was, sun bathing? Really? So one over dressed Fairest and one under dressed Fairest walk into a Fetch's dream with the real Ram. One thought rolled through her dream skull at that moment, If his Fetch don't know it is one, then sees me and Titania in its dream. Yeah, dreams are weird cliche to the max.

"Welcome," she says to Titania. Then turns to Ram, "This is yer show, my bro. I have yer back. Let's go find it." Plus Circe fully self admits to being BAD at dream walking. "But I think ya were right the first time. Cagna. Non pistola." With a little extra effort on the part of this dream that was still her own, Circe added a little something briefly.

Circe pulled out a flash card that was her last words' English subtitles. Ram may be a gentleman, but his queen was not.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She softly elbows Circe, giving her a scolding look.
    "Circe... even though I don't know Italian. I can tell the meaning from the tone".
    Her attire is entirely inappropriate, though she's sure the portal will correct her mistake.
    She nods at the gate, waiting for Ram to take the first step.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

16. Likes Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The portal glows with a dull sheen. As Ram passes through, for a solid second he can see enormous boughs, stretching and interlocking and weaving like neurons.....

Suddenly there is the same opalescant light and the Ogre emerges in a candle-lit bedroom. The walls are deep red and the heavy curtains a royal purple. Satin drapes arch over the ceiling, hiding and softening the corners. Over two dozen candles provide the flickering glow. Sat on the bed is a man - short, thin, greying, with mousey hair and watery blue eyes. Stood in front of him, running a hand around the back of his head, is an almost terrifyingly cliche of a woman - huge blonde hair, hourglass figure, wearing matching shocking pink lingerie.

Neither of the people look even remotely familiar to Ram, and do not react as the Ogre appears in the room, focused entirely on each other.

Ram disappears through the opening, which flashes a dull mauve before returning to it's pearly mix of colour. The edges begin to wisp and the portal starts to shrink and close. All around Titania and Circe, the dream begins to fade as the owner vanishes across the Skein.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

18. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread