Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

Mantle 1: Hot sticky Wind of the Summer Storms

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian's home was in a sleepy suburb of Sacramento. It's layout the standard three bedroom, two bath, modest front and backyard that was standard fair in California. The style of decoration was what one might expect from an Airtouched. Open, bright, and not all that fancy. Cozy and homey. At least it was now. When she first bought the place it had hideous honey cabinets, grey wall to wall carpet, a cheesy gas fireplace, all of these things she got rid of and redid. It had to be something she could deal with.

All the windows were open, and the ceiling fans on low, making a constant breeze through the house. It's the only way it felt homey to the Airtouched. For her part as host Vivian made sure there was a spread of food on the table. All finger foods and things easy to eat and grab. For drinks Vivian had purchased some fresh lemonade from a juice store nearby and poured it into a large glass pitcher, and added lemon slices to make it pretty. She also chilled a bottle of pinot grigio, in case Gerrit might want something a little more sophisticated. She made sure there was some music playing in the background. Of course it reflected exactly what she felt. Were you supposed to do that? She had stressed every tiny little detail to death. That electricity in her stomach was going overtime.

All there was to do now was wait for Gerrit. She looked down at herself and giggled a bit biting her lip. She was wearing a pair of white sweatpants that were easy to move in, and a long sleeve thin grey top that was loose and hit the very top of her thighs, with a pair of fancy spike heels on. This outfit was for dancing of course, and looked totally relaxed. She didn't wanna freak him out in some super skin bearing thing. I mean, some of her dance stuff was like that, but she didn't wanna jump off with something neither of them were ready for.

2. Likes Shenanigans, Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

A part of Gerrit actually thought(/hoped/feared) Vivian had forgotten about her invitation - it would have answered his questions about what all of that meant, how he was supposed to act when it came to it. Now that he was standing in front of her house, the questions came back with a vengeance. Remember what Cassandra said - relax, see what'll happen.

Looking at his usual hoodie (dark brown, this time) and well-worn jeans he concluded that he succeeded on that end in not making a big deal out of it. Should he have dressed up? That could send the wrong message though. Besides, he didn't really own anything much nicer than this.
    He was stalling now, he knew it. Of course he could always speak up if he got uncomfortable and he simply had to trust her to do the same. They were both adults, after all even though she looked so much younger.

Gerrit shook his head and cleared his throat. No, he was just going to enjoy this. Riding this wave of motivation, he finally took the last few steps and knocked at Vivian's door. Hello Vivian, thanks for the invitation. Hello Vivian, glad to hear from you again. Hello Vivian, how are you?

When she opened the door what came out was actually a combination of the rehearsed lines. "Hello Vivian, how glad for the invitation?" He thought he could smell a whiff of blueberries, as if the memory of his ex-wife was mocking his clumsiness. He coughed and started again. "Uhm, hello how are you? Thanks for inviting me over." He then realized that he didn't bring her anything - even if this wasn't a date, you don't show up empty handed, right? Maybe it wouldn't be a problem. He tried to relax his breathing, stay relaxed. Or, well: get relaxed. Like the Airtouched.

Inside he looked around, landing more often than he'd like to admit on the Elemental. "Wow, you've got quite the good taste. I like how much this feels like a home." The music was nothing he knew and he didn't have the nerve to listen to the lyrics, but it seemed very relaxed - was that her own voice? No, she didn't appear to be that self-indulgent.
    For now the Ogre was just standing around, not knowing what to do with himself. He buried his hands in his pockets and smiled shyly at Vivian. "So.. uh, I like your outfit. Looks comfortable." Yes, he was clearly nailing the small-talk.

4. Likes Shenanigans, Shane, pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian smiled warmly when she opened the door to her home for him. Stepping back she welcomed him across the threshold, and closed the door firmly behind him. It was all so surreal almost. She wanted this. Prepared for it, and now that it was actually occurring she felt a strange sense of calm descend down over her. She watched every move he made. She wasn't subtle about it either.

She giggled a little as he fumbled the greeting, but it was pretty adorable to Vivian. "I'm glad to have you over Gerrit. I've been excited about it since our picnic." She paused a second to glance down and back up at him. That feeling that she had at the picnic was making her heart beat just a little faster. Now what to do with it, with him. The only thing that stopped the Airtouched from being panicked was the realization it wasn't just on her shoulders or her decisions to make alone. It was Gerrit's too. If there was to be such a burden it would be shared.

"Come on sit down a minute and enjoy some food. Would you like some lemonade or perhaps a glass of white wine?" She went with settling them into some food and drink. She would be eating light. To much movement after a large meal made her stomach want to empty itself. But some light meats and fruit was okay. She found herself wishing he didn't cover up so much. She liked the patterns in his skin. The only thing better than finding those patterns with her eyes would be finding them with her fingertips. She blinked suddenly, and wondered how long exactly she had been staring at him like that. She wondered if it was the magic of spring. Yeah, that was it. Totally.

6. Likes Shenanigans, Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Oh. Yeah, so have I. I mean, I've been excited about it." Which was true, but didn't begin to cover it. Still, that statement and her looks - unless he was misreading her completely, she wasn't just being friendly.

He sat down on the couch, sitting near the edge not able to fully relax right now. "I'll have some lemonade, thank you. I don't drink wine." His stomach was way too fluttery for him to eat anything right now - but something to drink would help with his dry mouth. Not to mention it would keep his hands busy. At the moment he was clenching them inside the pockets of his hoodie, he was keeping them from nervously breaking open his scabs. He was looking around the room some more but soon enough he met her gaze again. He felt caught/giddy/warm/afraid and had to remind himself to keep breathing. "So.. did anything noteworthy happen lately?"

8. Likes Shenanigans, Shane, pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

"Really? Do you like dance Gerrit? I mean, not necessarily doing it yourself, but watching performance art?" She asked him curiously. She wondered if it was her talent he was drawn to or her. She wasn't so assure of herself in that way. She'd gotten some mixed messages in the past. Though she had only ever dated humans. Or...well...tried to. It never got far. To many wanna-be players thinking her naivety was innocence. They painfully learned they could not push the Airtouched into anything she wasn't comfortable with. That she had a spine of steel under all that alien beauty.

She poured the lemonade from the pitcher into one of the tall glasses with a few cubes of ice added, and one for herself of course. She extended her arm gracefully as she sat beside him and held his glass out for him to take, her gaze meeting his and she held it, not looking away. Her gaze lowers to his lips as he asks her if anything had happened of note recently. Her lips curled into a smile and she chuckled a little. Her mouth suddenly as dry as the Sahara. She lifted her own glass and took a long drink of citrus perfection before answering.

"Actually, I go the music video, and since you know the chick in the video, you can see it before it premieres!" She said with a little giggle. "I mean, I think I can trust a Winter courtier to keep it a secret until it airs." She teased him a little, and when she went to stand her gaze lingered on his again. She paused the music, and turned on her TV. Using her phone she casted the video file to the TV so Gerrit could see it on a larger screen. This was a big part of her life. Performing, doing classes, travelling, learning new dance stuff. With her new manager in place, well things were going quicker than she thought. She wondered if he could handle it.

10. Likes Shane, Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Yes, although frankly most of my experiences with dance have been when I watched those old Fred Astaire movies with my wife." He didn't know why he had to bring her up just now. Was it to ease his guilty conscience or to explain why he was so slow to move? After a short moment of hesitation he continued. "I, uh, I sometimes play with the thought of learning how to do tapdancing myself but.." He gave her a crooked smile and a shrug. "But modern dance is new to me, which is also why I was excited for this." The smallest of the reasons, but still.

The way she did not shy away from holding eye contact was really impressing to Gerrit and urged him to try and be just as bold. Her passing him the lemonade was a moment that seemed to stretch out for minutes, him being lost in the vastness of her eyes. He couldn't remember breathing, but somehow he didn't pass out - as if something else sustained him while he was just sitting in a free fall next to Vivian.
    Her chuckle broke the perfect stillness in time and he took the glass, taking a quick sip himself. Did lemonade usually taste this rich?

It took a second for his brain to catch up to what she was saying, but he answered her quip with a wide smile and a mimed turning of a key in front of his mouth. It was a good thing he locked it, because the video Vivian showed him would have made his jaw drop wide open otherwise.
    Maybe he was being old-fashioned (or a prude), but her performance seemed.. really comfortable with herself and her body. Not that he didn't like it! His breathing became more shallow and actually a bit laboured as he followed the Airtouched around on the screen and when it was over he just kept staring at the TV. "That was incredible! Uhm, you're really really.. good." It had little to do with the way Lisa used to dance, but the sense of freedom and enjoyment was unmistakably there. "You- wow, I can tell that you're doing this professionally." Finally he brought himself to look at her, at her body hidden beneath the loose clothing that was able to create such beauty so effortlessly. He didn't dare linger too long (that would have been creepy and rude) and instead went for another sip of lemonade instead. "So, this is your primary style of dance?"

12. Likes Shane, pisces, Ruach liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

"A lot of dancers start their career when they are kids start by doing tap or jazz or ballet. I did ballet originally. Before. In the years I have been back though, I focused on hip hop. I got the suggestion from the master swordsman I train with. He said being an excellent fighter was like dancing with your opponent." She paused a second and rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm pretty literal person, so I ran with it. I actually like dance more than singing now."
    Having her voice used as a Herald for a Keeper and being an instrument of pure destruction will do that to you. She didn't prompt Gerrit to speak anymore about his wife. Not that she wasn't curious. She was, but more to the point that when he felt the need to talk about her more, that would be the time for questions. Therapy is paying off already.

The moment of eye contact stretched between them and looking in his eyes she felt lifted. Lighter somehow. She could hear his breathing as the intensity of her attention focused solely on him. He held his breath a bit, until it became shallow and nearly silent. She watched him lift the glass to his lips and take a drink and she felt the cusp of all that was repressed inside of her. Like a shard of ice somewhere buried in her spine. It was a feature put there by her Keeper not a bug. Something she'd been living with Iron side for a long time. That lack set her further back than she cared to admit. Being around Gerrit had begun something. It was like things were finally coming into alignment as she settled in to her new life amongst the lost of the Freehold. The turning of the season to Spring was fitting for such a change.

She watched him as he watched the video, tuned in with the intensity only the socially stunted could manage. Occasional eye flicks to to the screen to see what he was looking at that caused his breathing to become more labored. More effected. You warmed him up. Now show him what lies beneath. She grinned at his praise and bowed her head. "Thank you, thank you. Yes, that is some typical dance moves, but this is a fantasy like video, so you don't get to really appreciate a full technical program. That's why I invited you over, so I could show you some stuff I'm working on. Are you ready? You can take your drink in the garage, and I have a mini fridge out there with a few things to eat and drink." Her heart was beating so hard she wondered if he could hear it.

14. Likes Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Oh. Did you also learn standard dances, like waltz or disco fox?" Of course part of him only asked because he wanted to keep the conversation moving, to keep his mind from wandering. But it was also something that really intrigued the Ogre. "Nothing wrong with being literal sometimes - people lose themselves in fancy words and idioms way too often." Gerrit himself was guilty of that one, but he wanted to reassure her anyway: she didn't have to change too much too quickly.

He didn't really notice Vivian watching him as he was watching her video. He noticed however how pleased she was with the praise and that made him smile.
    He almost choked when she suggested going to the garage - after that video he wouldn't have minded sitting a little longer, but there probably wasn't a tactful way to say that. Instead Gerrit just nodded meekly. "Uh, sure. Is this for another video?" He held onto his glas like for dear life and got up, ready to follow the Elemental. His heart was beating so hard, he wondered if she could hear it.

16. Likes pisces, Shane liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian felt a twinge of fear. At any point he could find she was too much. To intense. To into a different lifestyle. There was a lot of chances to lose. For once she cared about the result. He wasn't some human she was making yet another doomed to fail attempt with. They were both Lost.

She chuckled a little. "Yeah I know how to waltz, tango, all the classic dances. One thing builds upon on another. You get different skills from all different types of dancing. That's why I constantly dance and take classes, and teach classes, and dance in as much choreography as possible. It's all about building your skills." When are you gunna tell him you dance with partners too. Best to show him. Thank goodness for youtube channel.

She laughed a little and shook her head. "No this isn't for a video. I don't record in my private studio. It's a little small for that." She turned then and lead him into the Garage. The space was only big enough for one car. Along the walls she had the normal drywall covered with a brick facade. She indeed had a mini fridge in there, right next to a royal blue chenille couch. It was large, and took up one wall. There was a large 70 inch TV up in the corner, mirrors on the opposite wall. The light switch was on a dimmer. The lighting was low. Appropriate for a private dance.

"Please sit, Gerrit." She motioned to the couch, and moved over to the wall with the TV mounted above and dealt with the sound system. Getting the music going for her private performance for Gerrit. That electric feeling was beginning to spread through her. She took several steadying breaths, as she took her place on the floor. Her eyes closed for a few seconds as the music first hit. Letting it fill her up. Dance was having a conversation with your body. Expressing yourself with movement felt natural to the Airtouched. She understood it.

She performed for him. To share the moment she became one with the music through movement, and yet he was the only person in the audience. The sensation of being alone with Gerrit was intense.

Dance For You

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

She explained how she knew all about those classic dances, the foundations of what he sometimes wished he could do. The whole way from the apartment to the garage he had one question waiting on the tip of his tongue: would you mind teaching me some of those? He couldn't be that direct though - would he lead her on or worse: would he just use her skills for his own gain? A part of him knew it wasn't like that, but still..

Seeing the garage he had to remind himself to keep breathing steadily. This was a much smaller room, a more intimate room. Sure, the mirrors helped in making it seem bigger, but the Ogre was all too aware of how close he was to his private dancer. With legs feeling like clay he moved to the couch and sat down. His heart pumped blood through his body at such a high frequency that he felt a tingling sensation all over his skin. Not entirely unpleasant, but different enough to be alarming in a way.

Vivian's dancing was.. beautiful. There was no need for fancy words, no hidden meanings and no foreign thoughts forced onto her performance: the dance was a heartfelt and true expression of her feelings, and while Gerrit couldn't beginn to understand all of it, it still left an impression. The yearning for freedom, the carelessness, and the precision of her movements coupled with the boundlessness of her emotions - it brought crimson tears to the Stonebone's eyes. Even when the Elemental took off her top he didn't take it as a sensual act. Sure, she was gorgeous - God, was she ever gorgeous - but in that moment he didn't feel like it was about intimacy or lust, but about having the things trapped inside of you break out.
    The tears didn't fall, they just welled in his eyes and he didn't care if Vivian saw them or what she thought of him. At that moment Gerrit was truly touched, and he felt the sweet pain all over his beaten skin.
    "That was amazing." The words didn't do her justice, but he didn't know what else to say.

20. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread